YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community


Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.

Go Back   YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community > YorkieTalk > General Training Questions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
No Longer a Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Norwood Ma
Posts: 495
Default i really need help

ok for though's of you that dont know my puppy coby, i got him at 9 weeks old.. he will be 4 months the end of this month.. well he was pooping and peeing on his wee pads and just these past 2 weeks he's starting too pee in different areas of my house, and he's pooping on my floor ? im not sure why he would go backwards after training so well?
this is becoming a pain in the butt because i have carpet all through my house.. and i just got new carpet.. and now i need too get it clean..
i bought pet carpet cleaner but coby still goes on the floor no matter
how many times i tell him no and have him sniff the poop..i then bring the poop back too the wee pads and have him sniff again but this doesn't help
i tried putting him in his kennel when he dose this and when i let him out he'll do it again on the floor?

Last edited by star28c; 10-09-2009 at 11:32 PM.
star28c is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!

Old 10-10-2009, 03:22 AM   #2
Senior Yorkie Talker
 
jacksonsmum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario/Canada
Posts: 248
Default

Maybe he is getting too much space to run around in. I find if they get too much freedom of the house they will have accidents easier as they cant get back to their pad in time. Maybe keep him in a more confined area? I am sure you will get a lot of good advice on here.

Good luck
jacksonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:51 AM   #3
Donating YT 5000 Club Member
 
Mom to Hot Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MD
Posts: 10,908
Default

Awww, I have to agree with the above poster. Putting Coby in after the fact doesn't tell him that he's done a no-no. You may have to start from scratch and let him out and treat when he does go potty and back into the crate once he does.

I know it is hard to do (we only did it for about 2 weeks). Other than that, maybe try and expen and when he is out, watch for the signs and grab him and put him on the pad before he goes. Also, use 1 phrase so he knows what he is supposed to do. You should wait and say the phrase as he is going so he associates it. Treat him each time as well. He catch on quickly and believe it or not, he will milk it for what it is worth. lol. He'll probably learn to pee a litte, treat and go back and do a little more, lol. They are smart and devious little boogers.
__________________
www.kissecollar.com
Soft Cone Collars for Post-surgery and much more!
10% (non-food) - Discount code YT10
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:03 AM   #4
Donating YT 12K Club Member
 
JeanieK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Council Bluffs Iowa
Posts: 12,552
Default

I agree. Too much freedom at too young of an age. Go back to the basics.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:43 AM   #5
No Longer a Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Norwood Ma
Posts: 495
Default

also can you tell me why coby still carries and odor around his eyes it stinks so bad
i wash it with his oatmeal shampoo and i spray him with baby scent freshening spray...for puppys

Last edited by star28c; 10-10-2009 at 06:44 AM.
star28c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:46 AM   #6
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member
 
Nancy1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arizona
Posts: 25,396
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star28c View Post
ok for though's of you that dont know my puppy coby, i got him at 9 weeks old.. he will be 4 months the end of this month.. well he was pooping and peeing on his wee pads and just these past 2 weeks he's starting too pee in different areas of my house, and he's pooping on my floor ? im not sure why he would go backwards after training so well?
this is becoming a pain in the butt because i have carpet all through my house.. and i just got new carpet.. and now i need too get it clean..
i bought pet carpet cleaner but coby still goes on the floor no matter
how many times i tell him no and have him sniff the poop..i then bring the poop back too the wee pads and have him sniff again but this doesn't help
i tried putting him in his kennel when he dose this and when i let him out he'll do it again on the floor?
Never use the kennel for punishment or they won't ever want to go in their kennel, it should be their safe haven, not a punishment. When you are taking him out of his kennel put him on the spot you want him to go, and reward him with praise and a treat for going. Don't let him have a big area to play in, if they are too far from a pee pad, they aren't going to seek it out. We have wood floors in part of the house and carpet in other parts, and I can tell you it's much harder to train them with carpet, they think of it as a giant pee pad, and it's really important to get all pee scents out, so use an enzyme cleaner when he makes a mistake. When he's out of his crate, he should be closely supervised, and placed on a pee pad if you see circling behavior.
__________________
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:51 AM   #7
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member
 
Nancy1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arizona
Posts: 25,396
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star28c View Post
also can you tell me why coby still carries and odor around his eyes it stinks so bad
i wash it with his oatmeal shampoo and i spray him with baby scent freshening spray...for puppys
Are you sure the odor is coming from the eye and not the ears? Odors give important clues that something is very wrong. Anything involving the eyes is always serious, I'm not sure what's wrong, but it may be an infection and you should ask a vet about this. Eye problems should never be put off. Sprays are more to freshen up the nice smell, not to mask a bad smell.
__________________
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:58 AM   #8
No Longer a Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Norwood Ma
Posts: 495
Default

well both the ears and his eyes smell like cheese when it spoils the eyes get wet then they stink and the stuff coming from them i guess tear leaking it causes his fur too smell and stick together.. his ears have a weird smell off and on but not as bad as his eyes hes always smell like this

Last edited by star28c; 10-10-2009 at 07:02 AM.
star28c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:04 AM   #9
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member
 
livingdustmops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star28c View Post
no matter
how many times i tell him no and have him sniff the poop..i then bring the poop back too the wee pads and have him sniff again but this doesn't help
Please, please STOP doing this immediately...this will not train your little guy what so ever. You are just confusing him and possibly scaring him.

There are probably 10 million posts on YT on potty training as it is so difficult with a Yorkie. It will take a ton of work/time on your part and your pup should not have free roam of your house. You need to setup a schedule and stick to it along with walks outside. Once inside he should be put in his x-pen with piddle pads and his crate.

There are no instant fixes for this problem but with your commitment you can turn him around.

Good Luck
__________________
Cindy & The Rescued Gang
Puppies Are Not Products!
livingdustmops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:14 AM   #10
No Longer a Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Norwood Ma
Posts: 495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdustmops View Post
Please, please STOP doing this immediately...this will not train your little guy what so ever. You are just confusing him and possibly scaring him.

There are probably 10 million posts on YT on potty training as it is so difficult with a Yorkie. It will take a ton of work/time on your part and your pup should not have free roam of your house. You need to setup a schedule and stick to it along with walks outside. Once inside he should be put in his x-pen with piddle pads and his crate.

There are no instant fixes for this problem but with your commitment you can turn him around.

Good Luck
when i take him outside all he dose is eat the grass he wont go outside i was told not too let him eat the grass i find taking him out not helping him because he puts the grass in his mouth he hasnt had all hes shots i was old they only eat the grass when there sick?
well cobys not sick and he's still trying too eat it
star28c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:16 AM   #11
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member
 
Nancy1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arizona
Posts: 25,396
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star28c View Post
well both the ears and his eyes smell like cheese when it spoils the eyes get wet then they stink and the stuff coming from them i guess tear leaking it causes his fur too smell and stick together.. his ears have a weird smell off and on but not as bad as his eyes hes always smell like this
This may be an yeast infection or even ear mites, you might have more specific answers if you write a thread in the sick forum, I have very limited information on illnesses, but I know that this is something that you should treat promptly. There should be no bad smells coming from your pup. Please call your vet about this, I think it's important to have a phone relationship with your vet and his staff, and they will let you know if it's necessary to see the vet. Please let us know what the vet says.

Pups tend to put everything in their mouths, if he's actually eating the grass I would tell the vet about this as well.
__________________

Last edited by Nancy1999; 10-10-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:27 AM   #12
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member
 
livingdustmops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
This may be an yeast infection or even ear mites, you might have more specific answers if you write a thread in the sick forum, I have very limited information on illnesses, but I know that this is something that you should treat promptly. There should be no bad smells coming from your pup. Please call your vet about this, I think it's important to have a phone relationship with your vet and his staff, and they will let you know if it's necessary to see the vet. Please let us know what the vet says.

Pups tend to put everything in their mouths, if he's actually eating the grass I would tell the vet about this as well.
I agree. This little guy needs to go to the vet for his ears/eyes ... there should be no bad smell. How often are you bathing him?

So I am assuming that you are trying to piddle pad your little one since you don't take him outside?

I know adult dogs will eat grass to settle their stomach's sometimes but he might just be learning about the big world outside.

Have you never taken him for a walk?
__________________
Cindy & The Rescued Gang
Puppies Are Not Products!
livingdustmops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:33 AM   #13
No Longer a Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Norwood Ma
Posts: 495
Default

well i called his vet and she check him before for ear mites and other small bugs
he had this smell ever sence i had him and he was check all over his body for bugs even in side his stomach and they check his poop he came back normal so
i dont understand then also alot of yts stated there pups eyes smell too
i dont get why a dogs eyes would smell this is weird?

Last edited by star28c; 10-10-2009 at 07:34 AM.
star28c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:36 AM   #14
Princess Poop A Lot
Donating Member
 
livingdustmops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 6,728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star28c View Post
well i called his vet and she check him before for ear mites and other small bugs
he had this smell ever sence i had him and he was check all over his body for bugs even in side his stomach and they check his poop he came back normal so
i dont understand then also alot of yts stated there pups eyes smell too
i dont get why a dogs eyes would smell this is weird?
When did the vet check him?...they smell if it is yeast infections. It is not weird..it means you have a problem...you might have to change vets.
__________________
Cindy & The Rescued Gang
Puppies Are Not Products!
livingdustmops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #15
Donating Member
 
littlewhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: wiith my furbabys
Posts: 8,874
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by star28c View Post
well i called his vet and she check him before for ear mites and other small bugs
he had this smell ever sence i had him and he was check all over his body for bugs even in side his stomach and they check his poop he came back normal so
i dont understand then also alot of yts stated there pups eyes smell too
i dont get why a dogs eyes would smell this is weird?
You might want to consider a new vet, there eyes should never smell the way you descibe, a little water around them is normal but mine dont smell at all.
i just use baby wipes 2x a day on there faces, just to keep them fresh and clean between there baths.
__________________
littlewhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Google
 

SHOP NOW: Amazon :: eBay :: Buy.com :: Newegg :: PetStore :: Petco :: PetSmart


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2003 - 2018 YorkieTalk.com
Privacy Policy - Terms of Use

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165