View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 06:46 AM   #6
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by star28c View Post
ok for though's of you that dont know my puppy coby, i got him at 9 weeks old.. he will be 4 months the end of this month.. well he was pooping and peeing on his wee pads and just these past 2 weeks he's starting too pee in different areas of my house, and he's pooping on my floor ? im not sure why he would go backwards after training so well?
this is becoming a pain in the butt because i have carpet all through my house.. and i just got new carpet.. and now i need too get it clean..
i bought pet carpet cleaner but coby still goes on the floor no matter
how many times i tell him no and have him sniff the poop..i then bring the poop back too the wee pads and have him sniff again but this doesn't help
i tried putting him in his kennel when he dose this and when i let him out he'll do it again on the floor?
Never use the kennel for punishment or they won't ever want to go in their kennel, it should be their safe haven, not a punishment. When you are taking him out of his kennel put him on the spot you want him to go, and reward him with praise and a treat for going. Don't let him have a big area to play in, if they are too far from a pee pad, they aren't going to seek it out. We have wood floors in part of the house and carpet in other parts, and I can tell you it's much harder to train them with carpet, they think of it as a giant pee pad, and it's really important to get all pee scents out, so use an enzyme cleaner when he makes a mistake. When he's out of his crate, he should be closely supervised, and placed on a pee pad if you see circling behavior.

Join today and remove this ad!