YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community


Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.

Go Back   YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community > YorkieTalk > General Yorkshire Terrier Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2015, 08:18 AM   #91
YT 3000 Club Member
 
pstinard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Urbana, IL USA
Posts: 3,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
I thought it would be advisable to ask Dr Dodds herself about Nutriscan and the lack of testing.


Here is the email I sent today:


Good Day Dr Dodds;


There has been some discussion about the above test and concerns expressed with-in a forum I am a member of. I will link below the thread for your perusal.


Essentially the concern is that at this point in time there are no published peer reviewed studies that validate this test.




And here in is her response! Wow that was fast - I guess she might remember me.

I was hoping that you could give me an expected publish date for the research that underpins the accuracy and reliablility of this test.

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yorkie-health-diet/282550-dogs-food-intolerance.html



Dear Gail: Hello ! Not so – see attached peer-reviewed paper. FYI – our Nutriscan test is also patented in USA, Canada , Europe and the Orient for dogs, cats and horses. Best wishes, Jean


AHVMA Journal Volumne 36 Summer 2014


I will send this onto Phil as I have no idea how to link a pdf file here.



I'll look it over and let everyone know what I think. This paper is from last summer, so if it's about the Nutriscan test, I'm surprised it didn't come up in my searches... Now to check my email--I'm excited!
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!

Old 04-19-2015, 08:37 AM   #92
Donating YT 500 Club Member
 
lisaly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 5,891
Default

I keep hearing in this thread and the other that the Nutriscan is a scam, but how do we really know that? I know the test is unproven in the scientific community, which is important to do, but does that automatically mean that Dr. Dodds is purposely scamming people? Couldn't she really believe her product works? I absolutely agree that she should have peers review her product, but as I've stated before, she has done so many wonderful things throughout her career. That means something to me. When I was looking at Healthymouth, the fact that Dr. Dodds did the clinical trials from it also meant something to me. She was someone I trusted who was validating Heslthymouth, and it also had the backing of the VOHC.

As I have stated in the past, I travel approximately 45 miles round trip to go to my vet in the Hamptons. I had been going to this practice because my first breeder said he specialized in small dogs. The vet retired and my vet bought the practice. I love him, and I have been going to his practice for almost twenty years. He practices Integrative or Complementary Medicine, combining conventional medicine with Chinese medicine. Katie's vet is known nationwide for his use of Chinese Medicine. I was not a believer at the time, but my views have changed radically. In most cases we have used conventional medicine for my little girls through the years. In some cases we used herbal remedies, and they really worked. He is not a salesman at all, and he has earned my deep appreciation and respect. I've met so many people through the years, and that's why my views changed so radically. His results with cancer are amazing. He first recommends surgery when it can be done, and then he uses alternative therapies. I am writing this to use as an example. Most people don't think these therapies work, and they are entitled to the way they feel. In talking to people all these years, I know they work, even in the times when my girls were given herbs. I don't dismiss things, especially when it's from someone I trust the way I trust my vet.
__________________
Lisa and Katie

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:40 AM   #93
YT 3000 Club Member
 
pstinard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Urbana, IL USA
Posts: 3,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
I thought it would be advisable to ask Dr Dodds herself about Nutriscan and the lack of testing.


Here is the email I sent today:


Good Day Dr Dodds;


There has been some discussion about the above test and concerns expressed with-in a forum I am a member of. I will link below the thread for your perusal.


Essentially the concern is that at this point in time there are no published peer reviewed studies that validate this test.




And here in is her response! Wow that was fast - I guess she might remember me.

I was hoping that you could give me an expected publish date for the research that underpins the accuracy and reliablility of this test.

http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yorkie-health-diet/282550-dogs-food-intolerance.html



Dear Gail: Hello ! Not so – see attached peer-reviewed paper. FYI – our Nutriscan test is also patented in USA, Canada , Europe and the Orient for dogs, cats and horses. Best wishes, Jean


AHVMA Journal Volumne 36 Summer 2014


I will send this onto Phil as I have no idea how to link a pdf file here.



Okay, I figured out why this article didn't come up in previous searches. It's from the Journal of the American Holistic Veterinary Medicine Association. This is not a top tier peer-reviewed veterinary journal (see the Skeptvet here for his opinion on the JAVHMA: American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association (AHVMA) & its Foundation (AHVMF) | The SkeptVet). The article is a review article (at least it gives references, which I'll check out later when I can get behind the paywall), and it cites promising, but unpublished, data from Dr. Dodds' own research.

I'm more hopeful than I was, but I'm still not 100% convinced. I would like to see the data published in a prestigious journal. Overall, I would rate this as promising, but not proven. Many, many thanks to Dr. Dodds for making this paper available for perusal. If anyone else wants to read it, send Gail (gemy) or me a private message.
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #94
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member
 
gemy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Etobicoke, ONtario, Canada
Posts: 12,090
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstinard View Post
Okay, I figured out why this article didn't come up in previous searches. It's from the Journal of the American Holistic Veterinary Medicine Association. This is not a top tier peer-reviewed veterinary journal (see the Skeptvet here for his opinion on the JAVHMA: American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association (AHVMA) & its Foundation (AHVMF) | The SkeptVet). The article is a review article (at least it gives references, which I'll check out later when I can get behind the paywall), and it cites promising, but unpublished, data from Dr. Dodds' own research.

I'm more hopeful than I was, but I'm still not 100% convinced. I would like to see the data published in a prestigious journal. Overall, I would rate this as promising, but not proven. Many, many thanks to Dr. Dodds for making this paper available for perusal. If anyone else wants to read it, send Gail (gemy) or me a private message.


Yeah I figured you would say that - about AHVMA cause that is kind of what I thought too. I have not gone through the article in detail - and I will humbly try to get to the referenced research - but not holding my breath as so much is always behind pay firewalls.


I too thank Dr Dodds for her quick response and will wait 24-36 hours before I inquire as to her publishing in say JAVMA.
__________________
Razzle and Dara. Our clan. RIP Karma Dec 24th 2004-July 14 2013 RIP Zoey Jun9 th 2008-May 12 2012. RIP Magic, March 26-July 1st 2018
gemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:54 AM   #95
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member
 
107barney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 9,815
Default

She's also on one of the journal's committees.
__________________
Washable Doggie Pee Pads (Save 10% Enter YTSAVE10 at checkout)
Cathy, Teddy, Winston and Baby Clyde...RIP angels Barney and Daisy
107barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:58 AM   #96
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member
 
107barney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 9,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaly View Post
I keep hearing in this thread and the other that the Nutriscan is a scam, but how do we really know that? I know the test is unproven in the scientific community, which is important to do, but does that automatically mean that Dr. Dodds is purposely scamming people? Couldn't she really believe her product works? I absolutely agree that she should have peers review her product, but as I've stated before, she has done so many wonderful things throughout her career. That means something to me. When I was looking at Healthymouth, the fact that Dr. Dodds did the clinical trials from it also meant something to me. She was someone I trusted who was validating Heslthymouth, and it also had the backing of the VOHC.

As I have stated in the past, I travel approximately 45 miles round trip to go to my vet in the Hamptons. I had been going to this practice because my first breeder said he specialized in small dogs. The vet retired and my vet bought the practice. I love him, and I have been going to his practice for almost twenty years. He practices Integrative or Complementary Medicine, combining conventional medicine with Chinese medicine. Katie's vet is known nationwide for his use of Chinese Medicine. I was not a believer at the time, but my views have changed radically. In most cases we have used conventional medicine for my little girls through the years. In some cases we used herbal remedies, and they really worked. He is not a salesman at all, and he has earned my deep appreciation and respect. I've met so many people through the years, and that's why my views changed so radically. His results with cancer are amazing. He first recommends surgery when it can be done, and then he uses alternative therapies. I am writing this to use as an example. Most people don't think these therapies work, and they are entitled to the way they feel. In talking to people all these years, I know they work, even in the times when my girls were given herbs. I don't dismiss things, especially when it's from someone I trust the way I trust my vet.
Others use healthy mouth. I was the first one who posted it here after a boarded vet dentist recommended it. They trust vohc stuff. That's the diff I see, nutriscan isn't being used by anyone but Dodds. And heathy mouth is just ok IMO.
__________________
Washable Doggie Pee Pads (Save 10% Enter YTSAVE10 at checkout)
Cathy, Teddy, Winston and Baby Clyde...RIP angels Barney and Daisy
107barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:00 AM   #97
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member
 
gemy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Etobicoke, ONtario, Canada
Posts: 12,090
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaly View Post
I keep hearing in this thread and the other that the Nutriscan is a scam, but how do we really know that? I know the test is unproven in the scientific community, which is important to do, but does that automatically mean that Dr. Dodds is purposely scamming people? Couldn't she really believe her product works? I absolutely agree that she should have peers review her product, but as I've stated before, she has done so many wonderful things throughout her career. That means something to me. When I was looking at Healthymouth, the fact that Dr. Dodds did the clinical trials from it also meant something to me. She was someone I trusted who was validating Heslthymouth, and it also had the backing of the VOHC.

As I have stated in the past, I travel approximately 45 miles round trip to go to my vet in the Hamptons. I had been going to this practice because my first breeder said he specialized in small dogs. The vet retired and my vet bought the practice. I love him, and I have been going to his practice for almost twenty years. He practices Integrative or Complementary Medicine, combining conventional medicine with Chinese medicine. Katie's vet is known nationwide for his use of Chinese Medicine. I was not a believer at the time, but my views have changed radically. In most cases we have used conventional medicine for my little girls through the years. In some cases we used herbal remedies, and they really worked. He is not a salesman at all, and he has earned my deep appreciation and respect. I've met so many people through the years, and that's why my views changed so radically. His results with cancer are amazing. He first recommends surgery when it can be done, and then he uses alternative therapies. I am writing this to use as an example. Most people don't think these therapies work, and they are entitled to the way they feel. In talking to people all these years, I know they work, even in the times when my girls were given herbs. I don't dismiss things, especially when it's from someone I trust the way I trust my vet.

Well spoken as always Lisa. I won't speak for others just myself. I too have concerns that the underpinning research did not appear to be present. Recent link sent to me from Dr Dodds (see above) shows that she did publish some research but not in a highly accredited science journal...


But I too don't like it when folks disparage and make leaps to say because this test is *unproven* well actually some say invalid or a scam - they don't use the words *unproven* and unproven is just that *unproven*.


I really appreciated Dr Dodds very fast response to my email inquiry - and I view that as a favourable.


But I will share my concerns with her - apart from Nutriscan test, is her active involvement and review with two relatively recent (past 3 yrs or so) research one is the Viszla study - one is another I can't remember the name of - both had some concerns with methodology employed which meant the actual results of the research may have or have been perceived to have reduced value. That should be of concern to a scientist which of course everyone here knows I am not.
__________________
Razzle and Dara. Our clan. RIP Karma Dec 24th 2004-July 14 2013 RIP Zoey Jun9 th 2008-May 12 2012. RIP Magic, March 26-July 1st 2018
gemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:05 AM   #98
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member
 
107barney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 9,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Well spoken as always Lisa. I won't speak for others just myself. I too have concerns that the underpinning research did not appear to be present. Recent link sent to me from Dr Dodds (see above) shows that she did publish some research but not in a highly accredited science journal...


But I too don't like it when folks disparage and make leaps to say because this test is *unproven* well actually some say invalid or a scam - they don't use the words *unproven* and unproven is just that *unproven*.


I really appreciated Dr Dodds very fast response to my email inquiry - and I view that as a favourable.


But I will share my concerns with her - apart from Nutriscan test, is her active involvement and review with two relatively recent (past 3 yrs or so) research one is the Viszla study - one is another I can't remember the name of - both had some concerns with methodology employed which meant the actual results of the research may have or have been perceived to have reduced value. That should be of concern to a scientist which of course everyone here knows I am not.
Unless and until the American academy of veterinary dermatologist starts using the test, I have no choice but to continue to opine that it is not valid. They're the body that is most expert on allergies.
__________________
Washable Doggie Pee Pads (Save 10% Enter YTSAVE10 at checkout)
Cathy, Teddy, Winston and Baby Clyde...RIP angels Barney and Daisy
107barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:12 AM   #99
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member
 
107barney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 9,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
Others use healthy mouth. I was the first one who posted it here after a boarded vet dentist recommended it. They trust vohc stuff. That's the diff I see, nutriscan isn't being used by anyone but Dodds. And heathy mouth is just ok IMO.
I feel I should add to this by saying my vet dentist also recommends other water additives and greenies and milk bones so there's nothing special about healthy mouth. Three of my dogs don't like the taste. For $7 instead of $50, in having better results and wider acceptance with tropiclean water additive.
__________________
Washable Doggie Pee Pads (Save 10% Enter YTSAVE10 at checkout)
Cathy, Teddy, Winston and Baby Clyde...RIP angels Barney and Daisy
107barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:35 AM   #100
Yorkie mom of 3
Donating YT Member
 
Lovetodream88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: LaPlata, Md
Posts: 20,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
Just because people are speaking out against the validity of the saliva test does not mean they are disrespecting the people who use it. I don't like people saying things about my choices, such as the choice to use Hill's, Purina and RC products...BUT what I find offensive is when they label them as crap or other such terms and have NO real evidence that their claims are true.

The bottom line here is that Dr. Dodds is selling something that has no real research to prove her claims. I don't see the talk about it as disrespectful to anyone....people are merely pointing out the truth.

I am sorry that Jenny feels as she does because I don't believe anyone has any issue at all or means to be disrespectful to her. She is an awesome young lady. Yes, she made her choice to use this test....and it is not going to harm her pups. That does not make the test valid nor does the fact that she swears by it going to lead people to agree that it is a great product and worth the money spent.
ditto
__________________
Taylor, Veterinary Assistant
I Callie CGC NTD, Joey CGC TKA ATD, Penny and Ollie
Taylor's doggy stuff reviews
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:48 AM   #101
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member
 
107barney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 9,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaly View Post
I keep hearing in this thread and the other that the Nutriscan is a scam, but how do we really know that? I know the test is unproven in the scientific community, which is important to do, but does that automatically mean that Dr. Dodds is purposely scamming people? Couldn't she really believe her product works? I absolutely agree that she should have peers review her product, but as I've stated before, she has done so many wonderful things throughout her career. That means something to me. When I was looking at Healthymouth, the fact that Dr. Dodds did the clinical trials from it also meant something to me. She was someone I trusted who was validating Heslthymouth, and it also had the backing of the VOHC.

As I have stated in the past, I travel approximately 45 miles round trip to go to my vet in the Hamptons. I had been going to this practice because my first breeder said he specialized in small dogs. The vet retired and my vet bought the practice. I love him, and I have been going to his practice for almost twenty years. He practices Integrative or Complementary Medicine, combining conventional medicine with Chinese medicine. Katie's vet is known nationwide for his use of Chinese Medicine. I was not a believer at the time, but my views have changed radically. In most cases we have used conventional medicine for my little girls through the years. In some cases we used herbal remedies, and they really worked. He is not a salesman at all, and he has earned my deep appreciation and respect. I've met so many people through the years, and that's why my views changed so radically. His results with cancer are amazing. He first recommends surgery when it can be done, and then he uses alternative therapies. I am writing this to use as an example. Most people don't think these therapies work, and they are entitled to the way they feel. In talking to people all these years, I know they work, even in the times when my girls were given herbs. I don't dismiss things, especially when it's from someone I trust the way I trust my vet.
I have a question.
If your vet uses a combo of conventional medicine + herbs and your dog gets better, why do you think the dog got better from the herbs part rather than the conventional medicine part? I guess I don't see the need to have add on items if there is a medication that, by itself, will do the job. Like Linda, I stop at nothing to get my dogs the vet care they need but to add herbs to conventional medicine that by itself cures a problem seems wasteful to me. Sometimes less really is more.
__________________
Washable Doggie Pee Pads (Save 10% Enter YTSAVE10 at checkout)
Cathy, Teddy, Winston and Baby Clyde...RIP angels Barney and Daisy
107barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:13 AM   #102
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member
 
gemy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Etobicoke, ONtario, Canada
Posts: 12,090
Blog Entries: 2
Default

And sometimes less is just that less. If you with vet approval combine a liver tonifying supporting herbal supplement to a medication that is known to have toxic effects on the liver.... well that seems reasonable to me. A case of more is better.
__________________
Razzle and Dara. Our clan. RIP Karma Dec 24th 2004-July 14 2013 RIP Zoey Jun9 th 2008-May 12 2012. RIP Magic, March 26-July 1st 2018
gemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:59 AM   #103
Donating YT 500 Club Member
 
lisaly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 5,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
I have a question.
If your vet uses a combo of conventional medicine + herbs and your dog gets better, why do you think the dog got better from the herbs part rather than the conventional medicine part? I guess I don't see the need to have add on items if there is a medication that, by itself, will do the job. Like Linda, I stop at nothing to get my dogs the vet care they need but to add herbs to conventional medicine that by itself cures a problem seems wasteful to me. Sometimes less really is more.
I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. In my case with my dogs through the years I used mostly conventional medicine, mostly because my girls were so difficult to pill. It wasn't easy to get my dogs to be able to take the capsules. They have a strong smell generally. Even when I thought I did, Kiwi was the master at hiding them in her mouth and spitting them out later. If a conventional medicatịn had bad side effects, I chose herbal medication over traditional medicine. I can tell they worked because there were times that conventional medicine wasn't working enough or in one case Kiwi was in congestive heart failure and taking Enalapril started to harm her kidneys. Ashley started taking herbs for her trachea when she was fifteen. When she had a flare up that was especially bad, the herbs helped to bring down the inflammation, and her coughing reduced. Ashley's trachea problems weren't severe like her little sister, Gracie. Her doctor was working on something for the trachea, but he never mentioned it to me. A vet tech told me about it, but I know he wouldn't try to sell me something unless he felt it would work. Kiwi took herbs for her severe allergies after me giving allergy serums and conventional medicine. Her allergies still weren't under control enough. He tried her on some for a couple of months at no charge because he wasn't sure they would work for her. But more than my dogs, I heard countless stories from people I met there. There are are so many people whose dogs with cancer were helped immensely and also neurological issues. In many cases, they were sent there by there own vets as a last chance resort. People come from Manhattan, Virginia, New Jersey, Connecticut, all over Long Island, etc to bring their dogs or cats there. I'm amazed when I hear the stories told to me. I never feel pushed to give my dogs herbs or vaccines. I feel he a very honorable man, has a wonderful rapport with animals, and he is very respectful. My vet is a minimalist with vaccines and medicines, so in all but one case with Kiwi's allergies, these were not add ons. Katie has not taken any herbs yet, but I wouldn't hesitate to use them if she needed them.
__________________
Lisa and Katie

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:18 AM   #104
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member
 
107barney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 9,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaly View Post
I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. In my case with my dogs through the years I used mostly conventional medicine, mostly because my girls were so difficult to pill. It wasn't easy to get my dogs to be able to take the capsules. They have a strong smell generally. Even when I thought I did, Kiwi was the master at hiding them in her mouth and spitting them out later. If a conventional medicatịn had bad side effects, I chose herbal medication over traditional medicine. I can tell they worked because there were times that conventional medicine wasn't working enough or in one case Kiwi was in congestive heart failure and taking Enalapril started to harm her kidneys. Ashley started taking herbs for her trachea when she was fifteen. When she had a flare up that was especially bad, the herbs helped to bring down the inflammation, and her coughing reduced. Ashley's trachea problems weren't severe like her little sister, Gracie. Her doctor was working on something for the trachea, but he never mentioned it to me. A vet tech told me about it, but I know he wouldn't try to sell me something unless he felt it would work. Kiwi took herbs for her severe allergies after me giving allergy serums and conventional medicine. Her allergies still weren't under control enough. He tried her on some for a couple of months at no charge because he wasn't sure they would work for her. But more than my dogs, I heard countless stories from people I met there. There are are so many people whose dogs with cancer were helped immensely and also neurological issues. In many cases, they were sent there by there own vets as a last chance resort. People come from Manhattan, Virginia, New Jersey, Connecticut, all over Long Island, etc to bring their dogs or cats there. I'm amazed when I hear the stories told to me. I never feel pushed to give my dogs herbs or vaccines. I feel he a very honorable man, has a wonderful rapport with animals, and he is very respectful. My vet is a minimalist with vaccines and medicines, so in all but one case with Kiwi's allergies, these were not add ons. Katie has not taken any herbs yet, but I wouldn't hesitate to use them if she needed them.
Thanks for explaining. He sounds like a decent person who truly wants to help. at least he uses conventional items unlike some of them.
__________________
Washable Doggie Pee Pads (Save 10% Enter YTSAVE10 at checkout)
Cathy, Teddy, Winston and Baby Clyde...RIP angels Barney and Daisy
107barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:39 AM   #105
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member
 
gemy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Etobicoke, ONtario, Canada
Posts: 12,090
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
Unless and until the American academy of veterinary dermatologist starts using the test, I have no choice but to continue to opine that it is not valid. They're the body that is most expert on allergies.


Actually you do have a choice in what you say and how you say it. You can for instance say that this association does not recognize this test, you can say there is not research published in leading scientific journals, but you can't aver it is not valid. Where is your research to show it is not valid?


This test is *unproven* at this point in time. It is not *proven* for its validity or *lack thereof*.
__________________
Razzle and Dara. Our clan. RIP Karma Dec 24th 2004-July 14 2013 RIP Zoey Jun9 th 2008-May 12 2012. RIP Magic, March 26-July 1st 2018
gemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dr. dodd, nutriscan, saliva test allergies



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Google
 

SHOP NOW: Amazon :: eBay :: Buy.com :: Newegg :: PetStore :: Petco :: PetSmart


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2003 - 2018 YorkieTalk.com
Privacy Policy - Terms of Use

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160