View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 09:00 AM   #97
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaly View Post
I keep hearing in this thread and the other that the Nutriscan is a scam, but how do we really know that? I know the test is unproven in the scientific community, which is important to do, but does that automatically mean that Dr. Dodds is purposely scamming people? Couldn't she really believe her product works? I absolutely agree that she should have peers review her product, but as I've stated before, she has done so many wonderful things throughout her career. That means something to me. When I was looking at Healthymouth, the fact that Dr. Dodds did the clinical trials from it also meant something to me. She was someone I trusted who was validating Heslthymouth, and it also had the backing of the VOHC.

As I have stated in the past, I travel approximately 45 miles round trip to go to my vet in the Hamptons. I had been going to this practice because my first breeder said he specialized in small dogs. The vet retired and my vet bought the practice. I love him, and I have been going to his practice for almost twenty years. He practices Integrative or Complementary Medicine, combining conventional medicine with Chinese medicine. Katie's vet is known nationwide for his use of Chinese Medicine. I was not a believer at the time, but my views have changed radically. In most cases we have used conventional medicine for my little girls through the years. In some cases we used herbal remedies, and they really worked. He is not a salesman at all, and he has earned my deep appreciation and respect. I've met so many people through the years, and that's why my views changed so radically. His results with cancer are amazing. He first recommends surgery when it can be done, and then he uses alternative therapies. I am writing this to use as an example. Most people don't think these therapies work, and they are entitled to the way they feel. In talking to people all these years, I know they work, even in the times when my girls were given herbs. I don't dismiss things, especially when it's from someone I trust the way I trust my vet.

Well spoken as always Lisa. I won't speak for others just myself. I too have concerns that the underpinning research did not appear to be present. Recent link sent to me from Dr Dodds (see above) shows that she did publish some research but not in a highly accredited science journal...

But I too don't like it when folks disparage and make leaps to say because this test is *unproven* well actually some say invalid or a scam - they don't use the words *unproven* and unproven is just that *unproven*.

I really appreciated Dr Dodds very fast response to my email inquiry - and I view that as a favourable.

But I will share my concerns with her - apart from Nutriscan test, is her active involvement and review with two relatively recent (past 3 yrs or so) research one is the Viszla study - one is another I can't remember the name of - both had some concerns with methodology employed which meant the actual results of the research may have or have been perceived to have reduced value. That should be of concern to a scientist which of course everyone here knows I am not.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!