View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 10:59 AM   #103
lisaly
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
I have a question.
If your vet uses a combo of conventional medicine + herbs and your dog gets better, why do you think the dog got better from the herbs part rather than the conventional medicine part? I guess I don't see the need to have add on items if there is a medication that, by itself, will do the job. Like Linda, I stop at nothing to get my dogs the vet care they need but to add herbs to conventional medicine that by itself cures a problem seems wasteful to me. Sometimes less really is more.
I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. In my case with my dogs through the years I used mostly conventional medicine, mostly because my girls were so difficult to pill. It wasn't easy to get my dogs to be able to take the capsules. They have a strong smell generally. Even when I thought I did, Kiwi was the master at hiding them in her mouth and spitting them out later. If a conventional medicatịn had bad side effects, I chose herbal medication over traditional medicine. I can tell they worked because there were times that conventional medicine wasn't working enough or in one case Kiwi was in congestive heart failure and taking Enalapril started to harm her kidneys. Ashley started taking herbs for her trachea when she was fifteen. When she had a flare up that was especially bad, the herbs helped to bring down the inflammation, and her coughing reduced. Ashley's trachea problems weren't severe like her little sister, Gracie. Her doctor was working on something for the trachea, but he never mentioned it to me. A vet tech told me about it, but I know he wouldn't try to sell me something unless he felt it would work. Kiwi took herbs for her severe allergies after me giving allergy serums and conventional medicine. Her allergies still weren't under control enough. He tried her on some for a couple of months at no charge because he wasn't sure they would work for her. But more than my dogs, I heard countless stories from people I met there. There are are so many people whose dogs with cancer were helped immensely and also neurological issues. In many cases, they were sent there by there own vets as a last chance resort. People come from Manhattan, Virginia, New Jersey, Connecticut, all over Long Island, etc to bring their dogs or cats there. I'm amazed when I hear the stories told to me. I never feel pushed to give my dogs herbs or vaccines. I feel he a very honorable man, has a wonderful rapport with animals, and he is very respectful. My vet is a minimalist with vaccines and medicines, so in all but one case with Kiwi's allergies, these were not add ons. Katie has not taken any herbs yet, but I wouldn't hesitate to use them if she needed them.

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!