YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community


Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.

Go Back   YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community > YorkieTalk > General Training Questions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member
 
Darlene68's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,923
Omg Argh!!! *sigh* argh!!!!

Bailey is trying my patience, I love him to pieces and wouldn't part with him for the world, but he can be so bad! He was doing so good with his pee pad for a couple weeks, only having a couple accidents..or "on purposes" These last few days he has reverted to peeing everywhere again, and when I get the paper towels out and start to clean the spot, he tries to grab the paper towel and run ( he has a thing for tiolet paper, paper towels and tissues ) The little bugger even manages to make me laugh at his antics while I'm trying to clean up his pee!!
I ordered a black light, I need to go through the place and try to get rid of any pee I may have messed! I just wish I knew what I was doing wrong, pee pad training is more difficult then I thought it would be
__________________
Darlene Bailey Blu & Jesse Bee
Darlene68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!

Old 08-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
Donating YT 1000 Club Member
 
RoscoesMommy42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Morristown, TN
Posts: 3,736
Default

Oh gosh. I am getting my new puppy tomorrow and I need positive stories! LOL That is so funny about the paper towels though! They are so cute you can't stay mad at them!
__________________
Hello and hugs from Kristie & the furbabies!

A world without yorkies is not a very bright one
RoscoesMommy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
Senior Yorkie Talker
 
ralphmaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 193
Default

Being that I have gone through that.. I ask the questions that were asked to me.... Have you changed anything... Did you try different pee pads.. I know I tried to change the pee pads for Roxy and she just didnt like them at all that she resulted in peeing everywhere else but the pad.... I know how frustrating it can be BELIEVE ME thats why I am in the process of training outdoor training my back will thank me later

If its not the pad.. I know this will sound yuky BUT check her wee wee make there is no discharge. She could have a UTI.... My sister's dog had a UTI and the reason they found out was when she jumped on my sister 5K couch and stared at my sister as she pee'd FUNNY isn't it LOL!!!

Anyway good luck I hope it helped.. I'm sure you will get some great advice here in Yorkie Talk
__________________
Roxy's Mommy
ralphmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
Donating YT 1000 Club Member
 
Darlene68's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphmaddy View Post
Being that I have gone through that.. I ask the questions that were asked to me.... Have you changed anything... Did you try different pee pads.. I know I tried to change the pee pads for Roxy and she just didnt like them at all that she resulted in peeing everywhere else but the pad.... I know how frustrating it can be BELIEVE ME thats why I am in the process of training outdoor training my back will thank me later

If its not the pad.. I know this will sound yuky BUT check her wee wee make there is no discharge. She could have a UTI.... My sister's dog had a UTI and the reason they found out was when she jumped on my sister 5K couch and stared at my sister as she pee'd FUNNY isn't it LOL!!!

Anyway good luck I hope it helped.. I'm sure you will get some great advice here in Yorkie Talk
No, I didn't change any pad brands. I don't think it's an infection, he isn't peeing anymore then normal, just not using his pad regularly, he may have to pee and go like a good boy to his pad, and when the next pee time comes he might just decide to not bother with the pad and pee on the floor, that is why it is frustrating I wish I could outdoor train, but I live in apt building, plus it can get to -60 here during winter, so that is not an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoesMommy42 View Post
Oh gosh. I am getting my new puppy tomorrow and I need positive stories! LOL That is so funny about the paper towels though! They are so cute you can't stay mad at them!

Yes it is funny, he knows he shouldn't do it too, he tries to grab the towel and run!
__________________
Darlene Bailey Blu & Jesse Bee
Darlene68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:59 PM   #5
♥Owned by Toby & Lola♥
Donating Member
 
Rerun201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 524
Default

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I will tell you that I have potty trained lots of dogs over the years and none were as challenging as my two yorkies have been!! Toby took until he was about 9 months to be fully trained. We gave up on pee pads...all he did was tear them up and play with them. He also loves any kind of paper so I definitely understand the paper towel challenge!! He goes outdoors and thankfully hasn't had any more accidents. Lola, she's my newest challenge. She'll go outside just fine as long as I anticipate when she might need to. Right now she has a UTI so I'm granting her a little slack on it. When I finish getting her trained, we're taking up the carpet and putting in new flooring!!! Hang in there, it really will get better. They're tough to train but oh so worth it!!! Yes, I said that even when we found Lola had gotten an entire box of kleenex and made confetti out of it.
__________________

Becky, Toby and Lola
Rerun201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
Donating YT 1000 Club Member
 
Darlene68's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerun201 View Post
I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I will tell you that I have potty trained lots of dogs over the years and none were as challenging as my two yorkies have been!! Toby took until he was about 9 months to be fully trained. We gave up on pee pads...all he did was tear them up and play with them. He also loves any kind of paper so I definitely understand the paper towel challenge!! He goes outdoors and thankfully hasn't had any more accidents. Lola, she's my newest challenge. She'll go outside just fine as long as I anticipate when she might need to. Right now she has a UTI so I'm granting her a little slack on it. When I finish getting her trained, we're taking up the carpet and putting in new flooring!!! Hang in there, it really will get better. They're tough to train but oh so worth it!!! Yes, I said that even when we found Lola had gotten an entire box of kleenex and made confetti out of it.
I am taking a deep breath and keeping my fingers crossed! I wish Bailey could go outside..I'm jealous of people who can outdoor train their pups, lol!
__________________
Darlene Bailey Blu & Jesse Bee
Darlene68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
Donating YT 1000 Club Member
 
Darlene68's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoesMommy42 View Post
Oh gosh. I am getting my new puppy tomorrow and I need positive stories! LOL That is so funny about the paper towels though! They are so cute you can't stay mad at them!
P.S..Congrats on the new puppy!!!
__________________
Darlene Bailey Blu & Jesse Bee
Darlene68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #8
YT Addict
 
cthalhofer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: moosejaw sk
Posts: 300
Smile Hang in there

Maybe it's for the game of chase the papper towel LOL just like little kids and the throw the sippy cup game if it results in fun they'll just keep doing it
Candy
cthalhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #9
Senior Yorkie Talker
 
ralphmaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 193
Default

Do you live on a high floor. I think you can still train to go outside. I thought it was to late for my Roxy since she was pee pad trained but I bought the book how to housebreak your puppy in 7 days I'm on dAy 4 only 2 accidents so far. After all you can carry your baby outside and train to go when you say.
__________________
Roxy's Mommy
ralphmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #10
Donating YT 1000 Club Member
 
Darlene68's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphmaddy View Post
Do you live on a high floor. I think you can still train to go outside. I thought it was to late for my Roxy since she was pee pad trained but I bought the book how to housebreak your puppy in 7 days I'm on dAy 4 only 2 accidents so far. After all you can carry your baby outside and train to go when you say.
I'm on the third floor, but the winters here are frigid, way to cold to let my little guy outside. I'm sure he will learn...eventually
__________________
Darlene Bailey Blu & Jesse Bee
Darlene68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #11
Donating YT 500 Club Member
 
RoxyLuv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 982
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Boy those black lights tell a whole lot of secrets that I didn't know about. I was amazed. Have had one for several months. And here I thought she was doing so good a lot of times. She is doing good now, but the light sure helped me play detective... while muttering under my breath about what a naughty little girl she had been. Of course she's too cute to stay mad at. : )
__________________
June ~ Roxy LUV LUV
RoxyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:46 PM   #12
Yorkie Talker
 
Shanaynay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 24
Default

My furbaby LOVES paper products! I had to take the toilet paper off the holder because he unwravels it and tries to eat it. I came home and an entire roll was over the house. He does the same thing with paper towels and tries to take them when I'm cleaning...crazy dogs. Oh and forget leaving mail around because he will chew it to pieces!! They are very interesting little creatures
Shanaynay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #13
Donating YT 1000 Club Member
 
Darlene68's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyLuv View Post
Boy those black lights tell a whole lot of secrets that I didn't know about. I was amazed. Have had one for several months. And here I thought she was doing so good a lot of times. She is doing good now, but the light sure helped me play detective... while muttering under my breath about what a naughty little girl she had been. Of course she's too cute to stay mad at. : )
Now I'm scared! Since Bailey is a boy, I'm sure his little weenie has left pee drippings all over the place!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanaynay View Post
My furbaby LOVES paper products! I had to take the toilet paper off the holder because he unwravels it and tries to eat it. I came home and an entire roll was over the house. He does the same thing with paper towels and tries to take them when I'm cleaning...crazy dogs. Oh and forget leaving mail around because he will chew it to pieces!! They are very interesting little creatures
Yup I think there is more then a little bit of devilishness underneath all that cuteness
__________________
Darlene Bailey Blu & Jesse Bee
Darlene68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #14
Yorkie Talker
 
Shanaynay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 24
Default

I try not to think of Winstons man parts bringing his excretions all over my house....i would never be able to sleep if i really thought about what has probably accumulated on my bed
Shanaynay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #15
Donating YT 1000 Club Member
 
Darlene68's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanaynay View Post
I try not to think of Winstons man parts bringing his excretions all over my house....i would never be able to sleep if i really thought about what has probably accumulated on my bed
__________________
Darlene Bailey Blu & Jesse Bee
Darlene68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Google
 

SHOP NOW: Amazon :: eBay :: Buy.com :: Newegg :: PetStore :: Petco :: PetSmart


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2003 - 2018 YorkieTalk.com
Privacy Policy - Terms of Use

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165