YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community

Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.

Go Back   YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community > Breeding / Showing / Traveling > Breeder Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #46
Yorkie Yakker

Embarassed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchgirl View Post
You're on a yorkie dog forum....we are all pretty much crazy.

Btw, genetics isn't one sided...and includes charactoristics as far as 2 generations back.
Yea I know that, what I'm tryin to say is the mom (my yorkie) came from a very small family (her sister was 2-3 lbs) and parents small as well, Im not sure how she got to be 10 lbs honestly, and the same with the father of the pups, he is 6-7 lbs but came from parents about 3-4 lbs and has always produced very small puppies, thats why we decided to use him, so the puppies have, or should have, a very good chance of being small, at least I would believe so, I wouldnt breed her to have large puppies, and I plan on breeding much smaller females in the future, I have just been warned about having to have c sections constantly and honestly, that scares me to death! I wanted a yorkie at LEAST large enough to have puppies on her own like they should. I'm not tryin to be mean or piss anyone off by breeding my yorkie, but I just dont like the critisism and judgement... I AM looking for a yorkie female $1000 or under that will not get above 5lbs, if anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.
NewYorkieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!

Old 06-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #47
YT 500 Club Member

I would not get all offended just because you are not fond of peoples opinions. If I remember correctly you did ask for their opinions, or why else pose the question in the first place. The breeders here are picky, and rightfully so, they do the research and ask questions when in doubt.They struggle to better the breed and at the least inform the BYB as to what they are doing wrong.

When I decided to breed, it was because I loved the breed and found a very quality female from a mentor I have. I am doing small local shows as I cannot travel due to 6 kids under the age of 15. I take in all I can from these resources we have here, and although I am on litter number 3, feel in so many ways I am just a newbie to the breeder side. I may not like all the opinions I get, but I do get their honest opinion.

In all honesty I do not believe any one of the quality breeders here would breed a dog that is not inside the AKC guidlines. To do so, is well destroying the work they are trying to do. Anything short of trying to better the breed is in fact doing more harm than good. AM I perfect.. absolutly not, I make mistakes, my first breeding with one of my girls failed miserably and in the end after all the trouble, we spayed her and placed her into a loving pet home.

So please do not get offended, we are nice people, we are just people who love our dogs so much, we want to see how amazing they can be when bred properly.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:24 PM   #48
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlee View Post
I would not get all offended just because you are not fond of peoples opinions. If I remember correctly you did ask for their opinions, or why else pose the question in the first place. The breeders here are picky, and rightfully so, they do the research and ask questions when in doubt.They struggle to better the breed and at the least inform the BYB as to what they are doing wrong.

When I decided to breed, it was because I loved the breed and found a very quality female from a mentor I have. I am doing small local shows as I cannot travel due to 6 kids under the age of 15. I take in all I can from these resources we have here, and although I am on litter number 3, feel in so many ways I am just a newbie to the breeder side. I may not like all the opinions I get, but I do get their honest opinion.

In all honesty I do not believe any one of the quality breeders here would breed a dog that is not inside the AKC guidlines. To do so, is well destroying the work they are trying to do. Anything short of trying to better the breed is in fact doing more harm than good. AM I perfect.. absolutly not, I make mistakes, my first breeding with one of my girls failed miserably and in the end after all the trouble, we spayed her and placed her into a loving pet home.

So please do not get offended, we are nice people, we are just people who love our dogs so much, we want to see how amazing they can be when bred properly.

well i DO get offended when i get attacked for breeding my yorkie who is 2lbs OVER the limit, i dont understand how its ok to have tiny dogs under the limit (and they are SO VERY desired) but not a dog 2 lbs over... i chose to breed her thats my choice, i dont see anything wrong with it, im not going to breed her to death by any means, and if i could afford a very expensive baby i would gladly, but the majority of us cannot, and i love the breed and dont think my dog is a bad dog or unaccepted because she is a bit larger, i dont know, i welcome advice but not critisism about my dog.... im not forcing these "top breeders" to buy my pups, if they only buy the "best of the best" anyways, then why care SO MUCH about 'low quality' dogs?? thats apparently what they are, and they should NOT have the right to breed.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #49
I Love My Yorkies
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkieMomma View Post
well i DO get offended when i get attacked for breeding my yorkie who is 2lbs OVER the limit, i dont understand how its ok to have tiny dogs under the limit (and they are SO VERY desired) but not a dog 2 lbs over... i chose to breed her thats my choice, i dont see anything wrong with it, im not going to breed her to death by any means, and if i could afford a very expensive baby i would gladly, but the majority of us cannot, and i love the breed and dont think my dog is a bad dog or unaccepted because she is a bit larger, i dont know, i welcome advice but not critisism about my dog.... im not forcing these "top breeders" to buy my pups, if they only buy the "best of the best" anyways, then why care SO MUCH about 'low quality' dogs?? thats apparently what they are, and they should NOT have the right to breed.
Tiny dogs are still in the standard. The standard is 7 lbs and under and it is frowned upon here to breed tiny females. I have an over the standard male and while I love him I dont think dogs over the standard should be bred.
chachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:03 PM   #50
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Yea I know that, what I'm tryin to say is the mom (my yorkie) came from a very small family (her sister was 2-3 lbs) and parents small as well, Im not sure how she got to be 10 lbs honestly, and the same with the father of the pups, he is 6-7 lbs but came from parents
Personally, if I was buying from you - I'd expect you tell me (when I ask THE most popular question of "what is the expected adult weight?") - that these puppies would likely weigh 5-12 pounds. That's what I would expect hear. Therefore, I would expect to pay no more than about $400, due to the range. That's my honest opinion. And I would expect that honest information from an honest breeder who understood genetics. Granted, anything is possible - but those are the weights I would expect to hear from you.

Also, I would kindly ask that everyone please keep this thread respectful. NewYorkieMomma - I can see you're upset by some responses - but please keep in mind that you *are* breeding outside the standard - and there WILL be opinions about that subject. Please respect those opinions - all members, including you, have a right to them - as long as they're delivered respectfully.

We have some INCREDIBLE breeders here - and if you stick around - you may learn more from them than you ever imagined.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 06-12-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #51
YT 500 Club Member

Well I am truly sorry you are offended by what you are being told. I assume that is not anyone's intent.

The fact of the matter, no matter how you say it, you are breeding outside of the standard. Not something anyone here is going to stand up and congratulate you for. I am not saying you have a bad dog. I am sure she is beautiful and you love her to pieces. However to breed without conscience or thought to what you are bringing in to the world is dangerous. Have you checked the history of your female, has there ever been liver shunt or other congenital defects in the line. Have the dogs been tested for various other dieses that they could have? Has the stud been tested, both for congenital defects and DNA? All these things should be done and considered before you breed.

I had a battery of test run on my two girls. I did not just think wow, she is cute I love her, so lets have some puppies.

I think you are being offended when in reality you should not be. These are all only opinions, and when it comes down to it, you can breed her if you want to and there is nothing any of us can do about it. The difference is whether you want to be known as a BYB or a good breeder.

I am not trying to hurt your feelings, in fact I think it is admirable that you are comming here for advice. Advice is worth what you pay for it...so there you go!

good luck and I do wish you the best in your future breedings

Last edited by Marlee; 06-12-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Marlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #52
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Being in California I would think the going rate it $1,000 or more but for that size I would say that they would be significantly less. I would try to list them on one of those services on the internet like the puppyfinder or something like that. Good luck. You can also post them on YT in the selling section with pictures and see if anyone here is interested - at least you would know they love yorkies!!!

** PPU - Petite Pups United Member ** The PINK Club Member **
RONLYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #53
YT Addict

I think trying to guess what a dogs adult weight and size is really hit and miss..We all know that even the smallest in the litter can turn out to be the largest, and vice-versa. It is all in genes..just like people.. Breeders who are experienced and who know their breeding stock are better at guesstamating future size..The ecomomy is not doing so well right now so take that into consideration..even the finest of households are pinching their pennies..Good Luck on finding great homes..
ckuz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:53 AM   #54
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlee View Post

6 kids? wow you sound like my mom.. she had 6 girls.. but now we're ages 24,21,15,14,12, and 11

~Member of the Teapot Club~
upindust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #55

Rose

I am going to let you know what I've went through with 2 litters of AKC Yorkie puppies from my Tiffanie who was 10 to 10.5 pre pregency weight & my Teddy who is 6 to 6.5 oz. I had NO idea what size puppies we'd from our 1st litter of 4...2 boys, 2 girls now at 2 year old weighs between 4.5 to 8 or 9 lbs.

Our puppies from our 2nd litter of 6 2 boys, 4 girls now almost 1 weighs between 5 to 9 lbs...So being down this road that your walking down now I'd say from Experience that one of your puppies most likely will be around 8 to 9 lbs. Tiffanies was handed down and her mother threw out one big pup out of each litter...Teddies no they we're all smaller then 7 lbs...

Now I was honest with everyone that adopted my babies and told them that their Moms and dads weight...With this being said yes everyone basically hung up on me...Well I ended up adopting my 1st litter babies out at $400.00 each on SPAY/NEUTER Contracts (I KNEW my babies was "Pet Quality" and I didn't want anyone else having "Pet Quality" puppies from my puppies) One I GAVE yes GAVE free of charge to my sister as he was my whopper in my litter. And with my 2nd litter I did the same thing, went with lower prices...I did adopted 1 out for $550.00 and that was the highest I received from any of the total 10 puppies. I gave 1 away, yes free of charge to my Cousin in Ohio as She was my Whopper in this litter and couldn't find a good, loving home due to her size.

So me LEARNING and ADMITTING to myself that my Tiffanie was above the AKC standard weight choose to do the RIGHT thing as a Responsible Breeder and had Tiffanie Spaded and adopted her out free of charge to my other Cousin in Ohio...To help improve my line of Yorkshire Terriers I adopted Sage and yes I paid (What I consider) HIGH Dollar for her as I had NEVER paid this much for ANY Yorkie...But HAD to in order to bring my LINE up to the AKC Standards...She is from a Champion Line and well WORTH every single penny we spent on her...

I see it as you basically get out of your Yorkies what you put into them...Really it's in the QUALITY...If you want "TRUE" and I mean "TRUE" AKC QUALITY then you must seek out that in a Yorkie...Then in turn you'll yes pay for that "TRUE QUALITY" but in return you will reap what you sow in so many words.

Please recheck your Yorkies...You must 1st admit to yourself that what you have may very well not be of AKC Standards...There's nothing wrong with that...You will and do make mistakes in breeding, everyone does...No one can say they NEVER have for they have...The best thing is that YOU and only YOU can turn that Mistake into a LEARNING LESSON and go from there.

My new Gal Sage is beautiful and has such grace in her that it is so unreal...Truly a beauty...Others may not think so but I'm here to tell you I know she will have some beautiful babies...Will they all be Show Quality??? Well that is left to be found out as she will be bred next Spring...If they are all "Pet Quality" then I know they will be of BETTER "Pet Quality" then what my Teddy and Tiffanie had and MORE toward the AKC Standards... And I can honestly say I did right but choosing to learn from my mistakes. Sage now at 14 Months old is 6.5 lbs.

Study your Yorkies Pedigrees and see what is in them as far as their weights...Call their Breeders and ask questions on health, whelpings, coloring and such....Ask any question you can....Search here a YT there's so much info here waiting to be read.

You will do what you want as far as Breeding but if you choose to go about it the honest right AKC Standard way and for the Benefit for our Yorkshire Terrier Breed you will stop with your female and maybe male (Don't know his quality or pedigree) and reinvest in Better Quality Yorkshire Terriers. I read where your wanting a smaller female...You wouldn't want a bitch that is too little or too big for breeding...Other More EXPERIENCED Breeders here can give more advice on this weight then I can and I'll let them do that.

I took the YEAR off from BREEDING. I have 3 females right now & 2 males but choose to take the year off to learn more about breeding...This is my Choice as I feel I myself need to learn more and if I we're you I would take some time off from breeding Yorkies and learn more also...There's nothing wrong with taking time off to help yourself help your Yorkshire Terriers. I have to say by the time I breed Sage I feel I will be honestly more prepared in breeding then what I was a year ago and I will know what I'm doing is right and for the sake of my Yorkshire Terriers.

Can I ask how many your Female had in this litter? Boys or girls? Is there in Champion in their lines? How much did they each weigh at whelping? How big was their grandparents? This may help in pricing your babies. Higher prices isn't what it's all about it's also about pedigrees, health, temperament...A lot more then I can even think of right now and I'm sure others will fill in what I left out lol. There is more Experienced Breeders here and they KNOW what is in a Yorkshire Terrier.

I hope I've not offended you in any way but I know how hard it is to be where you are NOW I've walked that path your walking down now. Please don't take anything I said the wrong way...Try to see it as someone trying to help you and give you advice to get on the right path with Breeding our Beloved Yorkshire Terrier Breed. Lee
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:43 PM   #56
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyandTiffy View Post
I am going to let you know what I've went through with 2 litters of AKC Yorkie puppies from my Tiffanie who was 10 to 10.5 pre pregency weight & my Teddy who is 6 to 6.5 oz. I had NO idea what size puppies we'd from our 1st litter of 4...2 boys, 2 girls now at 2 year old weighs between 4.5 to 8 or 9 lbs.

Our puppies from our 2nd litter of 6 2 boys, 4 girls now almost 1 weighs between 5 to 9 lbs...So being down this road that your walking down now I'd say from Experience that one of your puppies most likely will be around 8 to 9 lbs. Tiffanies was handed down and her mother threw out one big pup out of each litter...Teddies no they we're all smaller then 7 lbs...

Now I was honest with everyone that adopted my babies and told them that their Moms and dads weight...With this being said yes everyone basically hung up on me...Well I ended up adopting my 1st litter babies out at $400.00 each on SPAY/NEUTER Contracts (I KNEW my babies was "Pet Quality" and I didn't want anyone else having "Pet Quality" puppies from my puppies) One I GAVE yes GAVE free of charge to my sister as he was my whopper in my litter. And with my 2nd litter I did the same thing, went with lower prices...I did adopted 1 out for $550.00 and that was the highest I received from any of the total 10 puppies. I gave 1 away, yes free of charge to my Cousin in Ohio as She was my Whopper in this litter and couldn't find a good, loving home due to her size.

So me LEARNING and ADMITTING to myself that my Tiffanie was above the AKC standard weight choose to do the RIGHT thing as a Responsible Breeder and had Tiffanie Spaded and adopted her out free of charge to my other Cousin in Ohio...To help improve my line of Yorkshire Terriers I adopted Sage and yes I paid (What I consider) HIGH Dollar for her as I had NEVER paid this much for ANY Yorkie...But HAD to in order to bring my LINE up to the AKC Standards...She is from a Champion Line and well WORTH every single penny we spent on her...

I see it as you basically get out of your Yorkies what you put into them...Really it's in the QUALITY...If you want "TRUE" and I mean "TRUE" AKC QUALITY then you must seek out that in a Yorkie...Then in turn you'll yes pay for that "TRUE QUALITY" but in return you will reap what you sow in so many words.

Please recheck your Yorkies...You must 1st admit to yourself that what you have may very well not be of AKC Standards...There's nothing wrong with that...You will and do make mistakes in breeding, everyone does...No one can say they NEVER have for they have...The best thing is that YOU and only YOU can turn that Mistake into a LEARNING LESSON and go from there.

My new Gal Sage is beautiful and has such grace in her that it is so unreal...Truly a beauty...Others may not think so but I'm here to tell you I know she will have some beautiful babies...Will they all be Show Quality??? Well that is left to be found out as she will be bred next Spring...If they are all "Pet Quality" then I know they will be of BETTER "Pet Quality" then what my Teddy and Tiffanie had and MORE toward the AKC Standards... And I can honestly say I did right but choosing to learn from my mistakes. Sage now at 14 Months old is 6.5 lbs.

Study your Yorkies Pedigrees and see what is in them as far as their weights...Call their Breeders and ask questions on health, whelpings, coloring and such....Ask any question you can....Search here a YT there's so much info here waiting to be read.

You will do what you want as far as Breeding but if you choose to go about it the honest right AKC Standard way and for the Benefit for our Yorkshire Terrier Breed you will stop with your female and maybe male (Don't know his quality or pedigree) and reinvest in Better Quality Yorkshire Terriers. I read where your wanting a smaller female...You wouldn't want a bitch that is too little or too big for breeding...Other More EXPERIENCED Breeders here can give more advice on this weight then I can and I'll let them do that.

I took the YEAR off from BREEDING. I have 3 females right now & 2 males but choose to take the year off to learn more about breeding...This is my Choice as I feel I myself need to learn more and if I we're you I would take some time off from breeding Yorkies and learn more also...There's nothing wrong with taking time off to help yourself help your Yorkshire Terriers. I have to say by the time I breed Sage I feel I will be honestly more prepared in breeding then what I was a year ago and I will know what I'm doing is right and for the sake of my Yorkshire Terriers.

Can I ask how many your Female had in this litter? Boys or girls? Is there in Champion in their lines? How much did they each weigh at whelping? How big was their grandparents? This may help in pricing your babies. Higher prices isn't what it's all about it's also about pedigrees, health, temperament...A lot more then I can even think of right now and I'm sure others will fill in what I left out lol. There is more Experienced Breeders here and they KNOW what is in a Yorkshire Terrier.

I hope I've not offended you in any way but I know how hard it is to be where you are NOW I've walked that path your walking down now. Please don't take anything I said the wrong way...Try to see it as someone trying to help you and give you advice to get on the right path with Breeding our Beloved Yorkshire Terrier Breed. Lee
WOW this is what I have been hoping for, less criticism and more advice and help!!! THANKS! Well, I am gettin a much smaller female in August, she comes from a small background so we shall see how that goes, as soon as we, as a family, are more stable I will get a champ puppy or 2, as I want really badly. My Mattie who just had her litter (I made a mistake she's 8 lbs I found out not 10 or whatever I originally guessed, she's just tall, my appologies everyone) but she had 4 babies - 2 boys and 2 girls, and at 4 days old they were between 10.2 and 12.4 oz. The dad is about 6-7 lbs and comes from a very small background, his parents were both about 4 lbs (not sure why they would be bred so small) and all his puppies have all been very small, thats why we chose to use him.. Mattie (my girl) comes from a small background as well, her sister was 3 lbs, and parents were about average at 6-7 (I believe). So its not like I'm breeding this gigantic yorkie like I think everyone is assuming, yes she is a pound heavy and if I am wrong for that I am sorry, my mom's chihuahua is going on 17 and is going to be gone soon and she really wants Mattie so I think I might just give her away to my mom and let her be happy back in Ohio (yes I am from Ohio, where's your family at there?) I am not sure about pedigrees, nothing was mentioned about them when I adopted her. Thanks so much for your help and advice, I will definatly take it into consideration!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 10:35 PM   #57

Rose

Quote:
WOW this is what I have been hoping for, less criticism and more advice and help!!! THANKS! Well, I am gettin a much smaller female in August, she comes from a small background so we shall see how that goes, as soon as we, as a family, are more stable I will get a champ puppy or 2, as I want really badly. My Mattie who just had her litter (I made a mistake she's 8 lbs I found out not 10 or whatever I originally guessed, she's just tall, my appologies everyone) but she had 4 babies - 2 boys and 2 girls, and at 4 days old they were between 10.2 and 12.4 oz. The dad is about 6-7 lbs and comes from a very small background, his parents were both about 4 lbs (not sure why they would be bred so small) and all his puppies have all been very small, thats why we chose to use him.. Mattie (my girl) comes from a small background as well, her sister was 3 lbs, and parents were about average at 6-7 (I believe). So its not like I'm breeding this gigantic yorkie like I think everyone is assuming, yes she is a pound heavy and if I am wrong for that I am sorry, my mom's chihuahua is going on 17 and is going to be gone soon and she really wants Mattie so I think I might just give her away to my mom and let her be happy back in Ohio (yes I am from Ohio, where's your family at there?) I am not sure about pedigrees, nothing was mentioned about them when I adopted her. Thanks so much for your help and advice, I will definatly take it into consideration!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so glad you didn't take my advice as criticism, for a lot of newcomers (Not downing them) take mine and other VERY MORE EXPERIENCED Breeders advice the wrong way. We are here to HELP but others must be willing to accept the help even if it's NOT what they want to hear about their babies...Any yes I have to admit at time us breeder who are so very very passionate about our Yorkie Breed seem some what hateful but it's not that we're being hateful we love the Breed and ONLY want the best for them.

Can I ask how much each puppy weighed at whelping time??? Really that may help in weights...I know my tiffanie was a whopper (And after being spayed ended up weighing 13 lbs lol so your baby isn't as big and mine ) and me NOT knowing what I have learned now didn't do right but by the Grace of GOD and yes all my Yorkies are a blessing as well as yours are!!! Are so healthy...I've made BIG mistakes breeding but learned HERE at YT right fast to stop it and rethink my way of breeding and as for YOU I can see a want to in your words...This is a good thing...I will tell you a secret as I would tell anyone else...If that PASSION is there (I've owned Yorkies for 3.5 years now) then low and behold you'll NEVER stop wanting to do better for them truly you won't...U'll thirst for more to help them improve...

Or at least this is how I am now...The longer I own my Yorkies the more I want for the better for them...Not saying I have bad Yorkies now I don't think so! LOL! Ask a Show Breeder and they may say different but that is what I ask for...TRUTH and HONESTY...To help me learn. You can NEVER give UP...you will have bumps and curves in the Yorkie Road of life but you must over come those bumps and cures...Go around them, up them, over them, what ever you have to do...Does it happen over night or in a year to improve your line? Why no...It sometimes takes YEARS and YEARS...Ask those here who have walked down the road we're walking down now...This is why I VALUE those Show Breeders Wisdom...They CAN and DO give us what we so despertly need in our Breeding Programs...Their Views, Experience, Care, Love and oh yes Honest Thoughts...GOOD and BAD...Please don't take it as they are downing me...I NEVER do....Sure they get rough with me at times...But it's their LOVE for OUR Yorkie BREED...So I don't take it as BAD...It's tough LOVE lol. Really you'll learn so much here. I try to say if I know I've done wrong to them...Go ahead gals give it to me I know I've got it coming lol...I think it's easier on me that way lol.

Can I ask how big your female your getting is or you think her adult weight will be?

I gave my Lance to my Sister due to her Benji Yorkie being almost 15 this year and I know he'll be going soon and I know it will break her heart when he goes so I wanted her to have Lance and she loves him even tho he is bigger he is where he should be. I know I've done right with him and Bonnie and Tiffanie as they all 3 even tho give away for free are loved and cherished dearly. And this is what I wanted for them as they are bigger and I didn't want them mistreated over their weight.

Don't be sorry for your females weight...You can't live on regrets or sorrys, what you can do is learn and move forward and try, I say try to improve your stock...Remember it WON'T happen over night.

Is your babies (Male and Female) AKC Registered? If they are you can order pedgrees for them through AKC. Call their breeders up and ask who is on their pedigrees to get you started or put their names in google sometime you'll run across their family that way.

Oh I'm from Lima, Allen County, Ohio...This is where I was born. I have a lot of family there. What part are you from? I do wish you the best and hope all your puppies go to good adoptive homes.

I don't show Yorkies at all but I have the want to and hope one day to be able to. It takes time to get your Yorkie line where you want it or where it needs to be. You can email me if you want at silverspringsyorkies@yahoo.com if you have more questions or just want to chat about Yorkies...I'm NO expert by no means and most of my learning is right here at YT...Don't get discouraged as sometimes it is easy to do...Pick yourself back up and go on...Say I can and will do this the RIGHT way...

Do you have a Mentor close to you that might help you? That you could take your Yorkies that you have and evaluate them for you?

Do you have photos of your Yorkies now? I will tell you these Show Breeders here will give you good honest OPOs on your Yorkies...May NOT be what you want to hear but they will tell you what they see in them as far as tail set, eyes, ears, coats and well just about anything that they can tell from in a photo. They have me and I value their OPOs!!! They are sweet but stern at the same time...If ONLY those wanting to LEARN would give them a honest chance to do what they know and do best...Why YT would be HEAVEN for Yorkies!!!! Really. I truely love all them here. They each have helped me in some way to BETTER my Yorkshire Terriers and have made me a BETTER Yorkie Breeder and Owner!!! Your in good hands here with them at YT!!!

Now throw those questions at them and sit back and learn And please if your easy hurt...Try not to take their answers as hurtful but as learning and them being honest with you. They are very FIRM in their BELIEFS in AKC STANDARDS and SHOW...So please remember this!!! I hope you learn so much here and it fills you so full of joy knowing your learning for your babies and you. Now I'm off to bed as it's early now here lol. Lee
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:39 AM   #58
YT Addict

It also depends on the dogs pedigree as well. I bought Tino for $2500 and I had to fly to Loisianna to get him. I stud him out so I needed an amazing background for that. Tino's puppies (depending on the female) go for anywhere from $1000-$2000. Hope this helps.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:04 AM   #59
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyandTiffy View Post
I'm so glad you didn't take my advice as criticism, for a lot of newcomers (Not downing them) take mine and other VERY MORE EXPERIENCED Breeders advice the wrong way. We are here to HELP but others must be willing to accept the help even if it's NOT what they want to hear about their babies...Any yes I have to admit at time us breeder who are so very very passionate about our Yorkie Breed seem some what hateful but it's not that we're being hateful we love the Breed and ONLY want the best for them.

Can I ask how much each puppy weighed at whelping time??? Really that may help in weights...I know my tiffanie was a whopper (And after being spayed ended up weighing 13 lbs lol so your baby isn't as big and mine ) and me NOT knowing what I have learned now didn't do right but by the Grace of GOD and yes all my Yorkies are a blessing as well as yours are!!! Are so healthy...I've made BIG mistakes breeding but learned HERE at YT right fast to stop it and rethink my way of breeding and as for YOU I can see a want to in your words...This is a good thing...I will tell you a secret as I would tell anyone else...If that PASSION is there (I've owned Yorkies for 3.5 years now) then low and behold you'll NEVER stop wanting to do better for them truly you won't...U'll thirst for more to help them improve...

Or at least this is how I am now...The longer I own my Yorkies the more I want for the better for them...Not saying I have bad Yorkies now I don't think so! LOL! Ask a Show Breeder and they may say different but that is what I ask for...TRUTH and HONESTY...To help me learn. You can NEVER give UP...you will have bumps and curves in the Yorkie Road of life but you must over come those bumps and cures...Go around them, up them, over them, what ever you have to do...Does it happen over night or in a year to improve your line? Why no...It sometimes takes YEARS and YEARS...Ask those here who have walked down the road we're walking down now...This is why I VALUE those Show Breeders Wisdom...They CAN and DO give us what we so despertly need in our Breeding Programs...Their Views, Experience, Care, Love and oh yes Honest Thoughts...GOOD and BAD...Please don't take it as they are downing me...I NEVER do....Sure they get rough with me at times...But it's their LOVE for OUR Yorkie BREED...So I don't take it as BAD...It's tough LOVE lol. Really you'll learn so much here. I try to say if I know I've done wrong to them...Go ahead gals give it to me I know I've got it coming lol...I think it's easier on me that way lol.

Can I ask how big your female your getting is or you think her adult weight will be?

I gave my Lance to my Sister due to her Benji Yorkie being almost 15 this year and I know he'll be going soon and I know it will break her heart when he goes so I wanted her to have Lance and she loves him even tho he is bigger he is where he should be. I know I've done right with him and Bonnie and Tiffanie as they all 3 even tho give away for free are loved and cherished dearly. And this is what I wanted for them as they are bigger and I didn't want them mistreated over their weight.

Don't be sorry for your females weight...You can't live on regrets or sorrys, what you can do is learn and move forward and try, I say try to improve your stock...Remember it WON'T happen over night.

Is your babies (Male and Female) AKC Registered? If they are you can order pedgrees for them through AKC. Call their breeders up and ask who is on their pedigrees to get you started or put their names in google sometime you'll run across their family that way.

Oh I'm from Lima, Allen County, Ohio...This is where I was born. I have a lot of family there. What part are you from? I do wish you the best and hope all your puppies go to good adoptive homes.

I don't show Yorkies at all but I have the want to and hope one day to be able to. It takes time to get your Yorkie line where you want it or where it needs to be. You can email me if you want at silverspringsyorkies@yahoo.com if you have more questions or just want to chat about Yorkies...I'm NO expert by no means and most of my learning is right here at YT...Don't get discouraged as sometimes it is easy to do...Pick yourself back up and go on...Say I can and will do this the RIGHT way...

Do you have a Mentor close to you that might help you? That you could take your Yorkies that you have and evaluate them for you?

Do you have photos of your Yorkies now? I will tell you these Show Breeders here will give you good honest OPOs on your Yorkies...May NOT be what you want to hear but they will tell you what they see in them as far as tail set, eyes, ears, coats and well just about anything that they can tell from in a photo. They have me and I value their OPOs!!! They are sweet but stern at the same time...If ONLY those wanting to LEARN would give them a honest chance to do what they know and do best...Why YT would be HEAVEN for Yorkies!!!! Really. I truely love all them here. They each have helped me in some way to BETTER my Yorkshire Terriers and have made me a BETTER Yorkie Breeder and Owner!!! Your in good hands here with them at YT!!!

Now throw those questions at them and sit back and learn And please if your easy hurt...Try not to take their answers as hurtful but as learning and them being honest with you. They are very FIRM in their BELIEFS in AKC STANDARDS and SHOW...So please remember this!!! I hope you learn so much here and it fills you so full of joy knowing your learning for your babies and you. Now I'm off to bed as it's early now here lol. Lee

oh no way, im from findlay right north west of u, hancock county, LOL, born and raised there, graduated from liberty benton in 2004, a good friend of mine is from Lima, and I used to go to the fire house there on the weekends, lol. wow thats close!

my puppies were between 10.2 and 12.4 oz at 4 days, im not sure at whelping, is that birth? thats their 4 days weight tho, i still havent picked up a scale to weigh them now but i will soon. i have put pics up under the YT nursery catagory, their 2.5 week pics, i got a few more last night also, of them at 3 weeks. ill post those up also.

the female im gettin in august should be about 5 lbs full grown, so im told.