Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools|
|12-25-2020, 07:15 PM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2020
Northeast Pups — PLEASE Help Shut Down Jason McDowell!
I am addressing this post to those of you who have purchased a puppy from Jason McDowell, one of the most corrupt, unethical, and despicable beings/breeders I have ever known. I will be taking legal action in an attempt to shut down his business, and ANY testimony you could provide about your experience (even just a few sentences) would help immensely.
My story: Our family has always wanted to have a puppy, and without much research, we decided to purchase one from Jason (currently, his company’s name is Northeast Pups). When we arrived to pick up our puppy, he was barking incessantly, dirty, and sitting in the corner (a classic sign of abuse). Being first time pet owners, we didn’t suspect a thing and took the pup home with us. We fell in love with the pup, only for her to stop eating 24 hours into her stay at our house. We immediately took her to the vet, where she tested positive for Parvovirus. As instructed in our contract, we called Jason, and he did a few things: 1) accuse us of infecting our pup (which is impossible, as it has a 3-7 day incubation period) 2) tell us to contact his vet instead (Jason impersonated his own vet and said that 99% of parvo pups die – which is false), and 3) tell us to bring the pup home to die and receive a partial refund. Of course, we did our research, and saw that with immediate treatment, parvo pups have an 80% survival rate, so we rushed him to a great vet hospital. $6,000 and five days of hospitalization later, our beloved pup passed away. We showed the vet the “vaccination reports” Jason had provided us, and the vet confirmed that they were indeed fake and made on excel. When we asked Jason, he said that he didn’t need to disclose anything to us, accused us of blackmailing him (?), and blocked us. Our family loved our pup, and her death has taken a toll on us.
I have done some research and have found tens to hundreds of Jason’s customers who’ve had similar experiences. I would like to highlight some facts you should know about.
1) His company name: due to the CONSTANT stream of negative reviews, Jason has changed his company/website’s name multiple times over the past 17 years to avoid negative reviews. Some of the names of his different names are: “Northeast Pup,” “Pampered Pets,” “Yorkies and Westies,” “Northeast Pups,” “Only Pups,” “Fur Your Love”, etc. Check them out, some of their former websites are still running!
2) He is not a private breeder, and instead purchases puppies from cheap mills and turns them around for a quick profit.
3) His 17-year old claim that his pups are “raised in a family setting with kids” is false, as he sold 5 puppies in a two-day time frame. Not to mention that the kids would have grown up after 17 years.
4) He has two houses. One house is for pups to be picked up (clean front and appearance), the other is a barn, where Jason keeps upwards of 100 puppies locked in unsanitary cages. These poor pups are disease-ridden.
5) The records Jason provides are falsified, created on excel, and misspelled. Ours was confirmed to be fake by our vet.
6) The so-called “vet” Jason refers to is actually himself. He claims that he is licensed to give injections to his pups, though I have a suspicion this may be false. He forgot to chip our dog, and when we returned, he inserted the chip into our pup, ignoring the stream of blood that oozed from our pup’s injection site.
7) There are NUMEROUS instances of Jason providing buyers with pets that are of the incorrect breed. Even if you provide a DNA test to Jason (as others have), he will refute the claim and not provide any compensation.
8) Many of the pups bought from Jason are extremely unhealthy. Multiple reports of Jason’s pups being infected with Parvo (including mine), Kennel cough, giardia, coccidia, etc. Those without immediate health concerns are later diagnosed with conditions such as liver shunts, congenital knee disorders, malformed extremities, cancers, brain tumors, UTIs , etc.
9) They even change their own names to cover their tracks. Heather lied to us about her name even when we caught her red-handed.
10) They have mistreated their pups for years, with some reports of them shooting dogs who are too sick to sell. They have a history of violations, which they have since claimed to have remedied, though I doubt this is the case.
The list goes on, but I hope my point is clear – these are terrible people that do not care for any pup or customer. HUNDREDS of people have been wronged by Jason and his operation, and it HAS TO STOP. I will be filing a report/claim to the PA Attorney General and opening an investigation with the assistance of a lawyer.
HOW YOU CAN HELP: PLEASE email (email@example.com) or text (978-979-1969) me about your negative experience – it can be as short as a sentence or two. A number of customers who were wronged by Jason have already reached out to me with their sad stories; the more evidence we can compile, the better chance we have of shutting down this corrupt and unethical operation.
Thanks so much for reading about our story, and PLEASE consider sharing your own.
|breeder in pa, edinburg, northeast pets, pampered pets, puppy mill|