YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community


Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.

Go Back   YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community > YorkieTalk > General Yorkshire Terrier Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2015, 10:21 PM   #1
Yorkie Yakker
 
Kimk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Fort Myers
Posts: 26
Blog Entries: 1
Default Missing Sunny

Hi everyone...we lost our Sunny last July at 7 yrs of age...We got him from a UK breeder so he had a natural tail...
As a Yorkie that is unusual here in the States...
I made an album with some pics...but we are getting
2 puppies very soon...a Biewer & a traditional Yorkie...
We love Biewers because they have their natural tails
and we are wanting a Yorkie with natural tail too...
So, any advice for raising 2 puppies 2 mos apart?
Thank you!
Kimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!

Old 04-12-2015, 10:49 PM   #2
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member
 
SirTeddykins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: the sands of time
Posts: 1,845
Default

Welcome to YT


I only have one Yorkie, which is plenty for me, so won't be able to give you any advice re: 2. However, I'm sure someone will be along, shortly, who will give you tons of advice.


My Teddy has his tail, too!


Hope to see you around often!
__________________
ﺠMistyﺠ
Teddy & Guiness
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:00 PM   #3
Yorkie Yakker
 
Kimk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Fort Myers
Posts: 26
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Thank You!! It's a little confusing!! But I'm sure I'll figure it out!! Don't you love Yorkie tails???
__________________
Kim
Kimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 11:06 PM   #4
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member
 
SirTeddykins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: the sands of time
Posts: 1,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
Thank You!! It's a little confusing!! But I'm sure I'll figure it out!! Don't you love Yorkie tails???

Yes, I do love their tails! Teddy has beautiful plumage of all different colors and his tail is the only part of him that isn't cotton coated, which is funny, but still pretty Can't imagine him without his tail especially since we've taught him to chase it on command..haha.
__________________
ﺠMistyﺠ
Teddy & Guiness
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:23 AM   #5
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member
Moderator
 
Wylie's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 35,881
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Hi - just wanted to welcome you to YT and say congrats!
__________________
~ A friend told me I was delusional. I nearly fell off my unicorn. ~

O Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie O
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 05:01 AM   #6
Yorkie Yakker
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 33
Blog Entries: 2
Default So sorry....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
Hi everyone...we lost our Sunny last July at 7 yrs of age...We got him from a UK breeder so he had a natural tail...
As a Yorkie that is unusual here in the States...
I made an album with some pics...but we are getting
2 puppies very soon...a Biewer & a traditional Yorkie...
We love Biewers because they have their natural tails
and we are wanting a Yorkie with natural tail too...
So, any advice for raising 2 puppies 2 mos apart?
Thank you!
So sorry about your loss last July on your Sunny. We just lost our 10 year old in February. We had two, the younger on is 6 so, they were nearly 5 years apart. I always regretted having them so far apart. For one reason, the situation we are currently facing, the older one passed (albeit way younger than we ever thought he would) and she is just turning 6. So she will be alone for many years since we don't plan on getting any more. At least not in the forseable future. I always thought if we got them closer together they would of "grown up" together and even though the younger female came later, she became the dominant one and they did fight every now and then, mainly being jealous. Hopefully you will have better success raising them so close in age. Good Luck and welcome to the site. I just came on in late February after the tragic loss of my beloved sweet precious Baxter!
Chrissy
BC030495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:27 AM   #7
Donating YT 1000 Club Member
 
yavenay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Delaware
Posts: 2,488
Default

My Duchess has her tail and I love it. My first yorkie's tail was docked. Now that I have a yorkie with a tail, I have to say I do prefer yorkies with tails now. I'm in the states by the way. I love them either way though and it really doesn't matter to me as long as they do not suffer any pain when the tails are being docked. I couldn't imagine anyone docking the tail when they are older then the recommended 3-5 days after birth. That would be so cruel....akin to getting a arm caught off because it's more pleasing to the eye of the beholder.

I guess here in the states they docked the tail more because it is standard but as someone pointed out, why mutilate (because let's be honest...that is what it is) to adhere to some standard? From what I understand the tail was docked to keep terriers from getting the tails caught when chasing rats. Now that they no longer do that, there really isn't a reason to docked them anymore. Who knows maybe one day the standards will change.
yavenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:35 AM   #8
Yorkie Yakker
 
Kimk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Fort Myers
Posts: 26
Blog Entries: 1
Animal Smiley 019

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC030495 View Post
So sorry about your loss last July on your Sunny. We just lost our 10 year old in February. We had two, the younger on is 6 so, they were nearly 5 years apart. I always regretted having them so far apart. For one reason, the situation we are currently facing, the older one passed (albeit way younger than we ever thought he would) and she is just turning 6. So she will be alone for many years since we don't plan on getting any more. At least not in the forseable future. I always thought if we got them closer together they would of "grown up" together and even though the younger female came later, she became the dominant one and they did fight every now and then, mainly being jealous. Hopefully you will have better success raising them so close in age. Good Luck and welcome to the site. I just came on in late February after the tragic loss of my beloved sweet precious Baxter!
Chrissy

I am so sorry about Baxter...do you mind sharing a little bit about him with me? I cry every time I hear of someone losing their dog now...never REALLY understood till it happened to me...I am pining for one so thought I would just double up on the happiness!!!
__________________
Kim
Kimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:38 AM   #9
Yorkie Yakker
 
Kimk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Fort Myers
Posts: 26
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yavenay View Post
My Duchess has her tail and I love it. My first yorkie's tail was docked. Now that I have a yorkie with a tail, I have to say I do prefer yorkies with tails now. I'm in the states by the way. I love them either way though and it really doesn't matter to me as long as they do not suffer any pain when the tails are being docked. I couldn't imagine anyone docking the tail when they are older then the recommended 3-5 days after birth. That would be so cruel....akin to getting a arm caught off because it's more pleasing to the eye of the beholder.

I guess here in the states they docked the tail more because it is standard but as someone pointed out, why mutilate (because let's be honest...that is what it is) to adhere to some standard? From what I understand the tail was docked to keep terriers from getting the tails caught when chasing rats. Now that they no longer do that, there really isn't a reason to docked them anymore. Who knows maybe one day the standards will change.
Me too....I can't stand the docking...just don't understand it! I am working with a Breeder who will leave the tail undocked! It was a must for me! Thanks for your thoughts and your dog is precious!!!!!
__________________
Kim
Kimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:11 PM   #10
Donating YT 2000 Club Member
 
scrapindee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Redlands
Posts: 4,841
Blog Entries: 2
Default

I am so sorry to read this. Hugs and prayers to those who have lost their loved dogs.
__________________
Scrapindee--Team Furry & the Biewers
www.houseofwags.com
scrapindee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:50 PM   #11
YT Addict
 
mybellababy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario canada
Posts: 365
Default

Hi and welcome , sorry to hear of your loss and glad to hear your hearts will be filled again soon.

Bella has all of her bits and pieces LOL thats how my Vet put it. I love her tail it like a large feather.
mybellababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:59 PM   #12
Yorkie Yakker
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Denver
Posts: 33
Blog Entries: 2
Default Thank you for asking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
I am so sorry about Baxter...do you mind sharing a little bit about him with me? I cry every time I hear of someone losing their dog now...never REALLY understood till it happened to me...I am pining for one so thought I would just double up on the happiness!!!
Thank you so much for asking about my precious, sweet, beloved Baxter. He was only 10 when he passed. He got sick,runs, a little vomit, not eating, etc. So I took him to the vet on day two and they said, he was dehydrated, had a bacterial infection, it was bad but NOT CRITICAL. They hydrated him in office, then I took him ho me that night with medication, and he died in the evening. I was DEVESTATED!! This week marks 8 weeks since he passed. Sometimes it feels like 8 years ago I held my precious baby. He was so loved by everyone who met him. He was so loving and friendly, even SMILED!. We have a 6year old female, and we love her just as much, but I would honestly describe her as "your regular dog." She is not super friendly, a bit skittish. But not our Baxter! He was the friendliest dog ever. Great disposition. We would always say "we are so lucky to have a one in a million" dog. The whole WORLD seems surreal without him. Even when I am out "doing regular things, like work, grocery shopping etc. I keep thinking to myself, that he "is not home," "he isn't anywhere!" "he isn't home enjoying LIFE with us," "he isn't "perched at the front window" waiting to see us drive up! It drives me nuts! It has only gotten a TINY bit better in 8 weeks for me. If you don't mine me asking about your sweet precious baby, I would love to hear. I sometimes feel "cheated" that my Baxter only lived 10 years. Thank you for taking the time to reach out and send me a note. I sincerely appreciate it.
Chrissy
BC030495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:44 PM   #13
YT 1000 Club Member
 
JadeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: NC
Posts: 1,201
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Hey KimK, lets learn together! I am getting 2 (siblings) next month and it will be an adventure. Mine will be the same age, but it will probably still be a similar experience. Mine are mixes so they will have tails and I am so happy about that. I wish my 9 year old Yorkie had a tail, but he came to me as an adult and I had no say in it. If I were to get another purebred Yorkie I would want it to have a tail.

We will have to give each other hints. I am preparing an area for the puppies now as they will be coming into a home with a yorkie and also an English Setter and I want to keep the puppies mostly separate for a little while to let my two older guys adjust to the fact that there are 2 puppies in the house.

Mine are coming home late May or so.

Good luck!
__________________
It's raining Yorkies here! LOL Teek ,Rowan , Raksha (Grand Puppy) , Raelyn
JadeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:37 PM   #14
Donating YT 1000 Club Member
 
ironmike86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,628
Default

All I can say is good luck. IME 2 puppies is hard. They don't focus. I have a 3 yrs old and a puppy. One very smart 3 yr old and ...well and a puppy. training will be a challenge. I would take time to train each private..at least some private time just so they can focus. As well as together. But I think the together would be harder. JME
ironmike86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:32 AM   #15
Yorkie Yakker
 
Kimk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Fort Myers
Posts: 26
Blog Entries: 1
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC030495 View Post
Thank you so much for asking about my precious, sweet, beloved Baxter. He was only 10 when he passed. He got sick,runs, a little vomit, not eating, etc. So I took him to the vet on day two and they said, he was dehydrated, had a bacterial infection, it was bad but NOT CRITICAL. They hydrated him in office, then I took him ho me that night with medication, and he died in the evening. I was DEVESTATED!! This week marks 8 weeks since he passed. Sometimes it feels like 8 years ago I held my precious baby. He was so loved by everyone who met him. He was so loving and friendly, even SMILED!. We have a 6year old female, and we love her just as much, but I would honestly describe her as "your regular dog." She is not super friendly, a bit skittish. But not our Baxter! He was the friendliest dog ever. Great disposition. We would always say "we are so lucky to have a one in a million" dog. The whole WORLD seems surreal without him. Even when I am out "doing regular things, like work, grocery shopping etc. I keep thinking to myself, that he "is not home," "he isn't anywhere!" "he isn't home enjoying LIFE with us," "he isn't "perched at the front window" waiting to see us drive up! It drives me nuts! It has only gotten a TINY bit better in 8 weeks for me. If you don't mine me asking about your sweet precious baby, I would love to hear. I sometimes feel "cheated" that my Baxter only lived 10 years. Thank you for taking the time to reach out and send me a note. I sincerely appreciate it.
Chrissy
Thanks so much for sharing your story with me...sunny was only 7 yo when he passed...he was so healthy till 6 yrs old...stopped eating, lethargic, lost 4 lbs, vomited all the time...he was really sick-took him to 4 diff vets/had all tests run /blood panel run...no one knew...at the end he couldn't breathe - the radiologist said his lungs were completely infected..still didn't know what from?? We had him in an oxygen chamber for 2 days but nothing helped...I still have nightmares about holding him & talking to him as the vet put him to sleep....nothing harder I have ever done...still not over losing him...took him everywhere with me-never left him at home/ he was our child. I would have done anything to have 3 more yrs with him...so in that regard you were fortunate...on a brighter note ...picking up new Biewer puppy May 9...it's a girl! Please let's be friends cause I am so stressed about a new baby...hope she will like us thank you for your sweetness & your love for Baxter...that's a love some never feel!!!! Hugs, Kim
__________________
Kim
Kimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Google
 

SHOP NOW: Amazon :: eBay :: Buy.com :: Newegg :: PetStore :: Petco :: PetSmart


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2003 - 2018 YorkieTalk.com
Privacy Policy - Terms of Use

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163