Thread: Missing Sunny
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 01:59 PM   #12
BC030495
Yorkie Yakker

Default Thank you for asking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
I am so sorry about Baxter...do you mind sharing a little bit about him with me? I cry every time I hear of someone losing their dog now...never REALLY understood till it happened to me...I am pining for one so thought I would just double up on the happiness!!!
Thank you so much for asking about my precious, sweet, beloved Baxter. He was only 10 when he passed. He got sick,runs, a little vomit, not eating, etc. So I took him to the vet on day two and they said, he was dehydrated, had a bacterial infection, it was bad but NOT CRITICAL. They hydrated him in office, then I took him ho me that night with medication, and he died in the evening. I was DEVESTATED!! This week marks 8 weeks since he passed. Sometimes it feels like 8 years ago I held my precious baby. He was so loved by everyone who met him. He was so loving and friendly, even SMILED!. We have a 6year old female, and we love her just as much, but I would honestly describe her as "your regular dog." She is not super friendly, a bit skittish. But not our Baxter! He was the friendliest dog ever. Great disposition. We would always say "we are so lucky to have a one in a million" dog. The whole WORLD seems surreal without him. Even when I am out "doing regular things, like work, grocery shopping etc. I keep thinking to myself, that he "is not home," "he isn't anywhere!" "he isn't home enjoying LIFE with us," "he isn't "perched at the front window" waiting to see us drive up! It drives me nuts! It has only gotten a TINY bit better in 8 weeks for me. If you don't mine me asking about your sweet precious baby, I would love to hear. I sometimes feel "cheated" that my Baxter only lived 10 years. Thank you for taking the time to reach out and send me a note. I sincerely appreciate it.
Chrissy
BC030495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!