YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community


Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.

Go Back   YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community > Breeding / Showing / Traveling > Breeder Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2015, 10:35 PM   #1
YT 500 Club Member
 
Opium88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Albuquerque , NM, US
Posts: 619
Blog Entries: 4
Animal Smiley 019 Creator of designer breed regrets his creation

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...s-his-creation
Opium88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!

Old 07-11-2015, 08:44 PM   #2
Donating YT 2000 Club Member
 
scrapindee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Redlands
Posts: 4,841
Blog Entries: 2
Default

I know the author of this interesting article. Maybe it should be shared with all those breeding off color dogs. JMHO
__________________
Scrapindee--Team Furry & the Biewers
www.houseofwags.com
scrapindee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:16 PM   #3
YT 500 Club Member
 
Opium88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Albuquerque , NM, US
Posts: 619
Blog Entries: 4
Default

I agree
Opium88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:31 PM   #4
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member
 
Yorkiemom1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 9,462
Default

I am reminded of when Dr. Spock admitted a couple of years ago, that the gravest mistake he ever made was to encourage a "new" way to raise your children....permissiveness and few restrictions, allowing them to explore and investigate unrestrained and unhindered, in order to push the edges of their life experiences to the absolute unlimited boundaries.....Dr. Spock came out and said he is haunted by the gravest mistake he ever made in his position as a pediatrician, by advocating hands off rearing, allowing children to run amok, unrestrained and uncorrected, to reach their full potential as a well rounded human being. He actually stated he will go to his grave, knowing he is responsible for the ruination of at least 3 generations of children, encouraging the rearing of children whose behavior and self restraint had deteriorated to the level of wild animals. Unfortunately, it takes the ruination of generations of children and in the case of this specific article, breeds of dogs, for the "masterminds" of these "experiments in design" to realize the damage they have done.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:43 AM   #5
YT 500 Club Member
 
Opium88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Albuquerque , NM, US
Posts: 619
Blog Entries: 4
Default

Only problem is that even once that realization is voiced, it won't be as easy to undo what was done. Everyone raised that way will undoubtably continue to raise theirs that way because they don't understand the concept of discipline and structure. They don't see the big picture. I'm finding the vast majority don't see the big picture anymore, whether it's breeding dogs , manufacturing products that rape the environment, raising children, or supporting convenience over consequence in any aspect anymore. Instant gratification will be our undoing .
Opium88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 01:09 AM   #6
YT 500 Club Member
 
Opium88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Albuquerque , NM, US
Posts: 619
Blog Entries: 4
Default

For example, that doctor who first came out having discovered and diagnosed countless numbers of children as having ADD or ADHD and the world fell for it because the "cure" for it (a simple pill) was easier than actually disciplining the kids and teaching them to pay attention and act right. Funny, but once there was no consequence for behavior, all of a sudden everyone's kid was diagnosed with A.D.H.D and thusly medicated. But then when that same man admitted that he lied and it was all a ploy implemented by the drug industry to make money, and that he completely made it up , no one took that retraction to heart. It didn't make any difference. And so everyone's still pumping their kids full of Paxil and ridilan . And breeding labradoodles and shorkies and aspiring for "teacup" status despite the risks . Ugh.
Opium88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:41 AM   #7
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member
 
Yorkiemom1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 9,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opium88 View Post
Only problem is that even once that realization is voiced, it won't be as easy to undo what was done. Everyone raised that way will undoubtably continue to raise theirs that way because they don't understand the concept of discipline and structure. They don't see the big picture. I'm finding the vast majority don't see the big picture anymore, whether it's breeding dogs , manufacturing products that rape the environment, raising children, or supporting convenience over consequence in any aspect anymore. Instant gratification will be our undoing .

Complete agreement! On BOTH of your points/posts! My mother used to say "letting kids raise themselves then attributing it to allowing freedom to grow and mature at their own pace, is nothing short of neglect.

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 07-15-2015 at 07:44 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 05:29 AM   #8
YT 500 Club Member
 
Opium88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Albuquerque , NM, US
Posts: 619
Blog Entries: 4
Default

People are so quick to accept anything that comes along nowadays , except the truth of the consequences for that choice. They will blindly defend their stupidity and never admit their lack of insight even when faced with the truth because people are no longer raised to take responsibility for choices or actions anymore. And the digital world has made us numb . It takes extremes to offend us to the point of action or remittance , so none of the negative results of these designer breeds are going to come into play to the masses of dips**ts who think a labradoodle is a brilliant idea. I live in New Mexico and let me give you an idea of the degree of ignorance and stupidity here. Everyone owns chihuahuas and pit bulls. And everyone's just giddy about the idea of breeding their little carbon copy with the next door neighbors lopsided version cause they're just too cute and they can make soooo much money selling the pups, they think. Cause they never got off their asses to walk through the dog pound and see hundreds of abandoned chihuahuas and pit bulls already brought into this world needlessly. And no one wants to PAY for those dogs here. So making money is just a pipe dream. But still they continue to do so cause their little anorexic dis proportioned creature has the cutest starving Ethiopian eyes you've ever seen! I hate people.

Last edited by Opium88; 07-16-2015 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Opium88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:53 AM   #9
YT 1000 Club Member
 
ColesMommy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: where there's no good sushi
Posts: 1,423
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opium88 View Post
People are so quick to accept anything that comes along nowadays , except the truth of the consequences for that choice. They will blindly defend their stupidity and never admit their lack of insight even when faced with the truth because people are no longer raised to take responsibility for choices or actions anymore. And the digital world has made us numb . It takes extremes to offend us to the point of action or remittance , so none of the negative results of these designer breeds are going to come into play to the masses of dips**ts who think a labradoodle is a brilliant idea. I live in New Mexico and let me give you an idea of the degree of ignorance and stupidity here. Everyone owns chihuahuas and pit bulls. And everyone's just giddy about the idea of breeding their little carbon copy with the next door neighbors lopsided version cause they're just too cute and they can make soooo much money selling the pups, they think. Cause they never got off their asses to walk through the dog pound and see hundreds of abandoned chihuahuas and pit bulls already brought into this world needlessly. And no one wants to PAY for those dogs here. So making money is just a pipe dream. But still they continue to do so cause their little anorexic dis proportioned creature has the cutest starving Ethiopian eyes you've ever seen! I hate people.
I agree with the rest of your posts on this thread, but can you clarify what you meant by what I bolded? Contrary to what most have been taught to believe not ALL Africans(including Ethipoians) are starving. There are thriving areas as well as poor in the continent just like the United States.

It would be akin to saying Americans are overweight, when not all but some are. Maybe I just took that specific part of your post out of context .
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:27 AM   #10
Donating YT 500 Club Member
 
yorkiemini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 4,272
Default

I probably need to just stay out of this --- but.... Much of the information here is not accurate. Everyone needs to make their own personal decisions, of course. I am a pure bred dog fan, however, I just finished fostering a mixed breed that had been taught to fight, who turned out to be a delightful smart and loving dog. Humans are rather indiscriminate breeders, but many of my patients are referred to as biracial etc but their problems often are not due to that issue. Likewise, I have made a lot of money (yea I know) treating patients who were raised the Spock way and I can tell you that due to the human capacity most, with help, have found ways to be successful.

ADD/ADHD is a true neurological/psychological disorder that often makes success difficult for those folks. But, again, there are ways to help them and help them to a peaceful and successful life.

There inscrutable breeders and psychiatrics, for sure, but the lives of all living creatures can be improved/helped, but not if we become narrow minded and oppiniated without education can we do that. It takes a stretch to make
anything better.

That being said I will hug my purebred Yorkie and delight in rehoming that mixed breed dog and work to stay open to the things I don't know or understand fully.
__________________
. Cali , and Cali's keeper and staff, Jay
No, not a "mini" Yorkie - She loves to motor in her Mini Cooper car

Last edited by yorkiemini; 07-16-2015 at 07:31 AM.
yorkiemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:58 AM   #11
YT 1000 Club Member
 
ColesMommy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: where there's no good sushi
Posts: 1,423
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemini View Post
I probably need to just stay out of this --- but.... Much of the information here is not accurate. Everyone needs to make their own personal decisions, of course. I am a pure bred dog fan, however, I just finished fostering a mixed breed that had been taught to fight, who turned out to be a delightful smart and loving dog. Humans are rather indiscriminate breeders, but many of my patients are referred to as biracial etc but their problems often are not due to that issue. Likewise, I have made a lot of money (yea I know) treating patients who were raised the Spock way and I can tell you that due to the human capacity most, with help, have found ways to be successful.

ADD/ADHD is a true neurological/psychological disorder that often makes success difficult for those folks. But, again, there are ways to help them and help them to a peaceful and successful life.

There inscrutable breeders and psychiatrics, for sure, but the lives of all living creatures can be improved/helped, but not if we become narrow minded and oppiniated without education can we do that. It takes a stretch to make
anything better.

That being said I will hug my purebred Yorkie and delight in rehoming that mixed breed dog and work to stay open to the things I don't know or understand fully.
I agree with the majority of what Opium88 says, but I have to agree with what you say as well. My parents raised me very strictly a "Do what I say and ask no questions" type of parenting. Since I want to know the reason for everything it didn't work very well in my favor lol. Yet and still I respect and understand their reasoning for it(they were raised that way themselves).

I on the other hand, am a bit more lax with my parenting(due to how I was raised). Of course, I want my child to do what I say and respect my authority(SP quote!) but I'm more than willing to explain to him the reasoning behind why I make the choices for him that I do.

I've never had to deal with a child who has ADD/ADHD on a daily basis so I can only make my assumptions on what I've dealt with in dealing with the children I do have close regular contact with.

If put in a situation like that after exhausting all other avenues medication may be the best and only option left for me and I'd be fine with it.
ColesMommy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:11 AM   #12
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member
 
gemy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Huntsville,Ont,Canaada
Posts: 12,333
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Oh such is the story of the human race. We start out to help - and then the consequences start to unfold. Mans best intentions often go astray!


Maybe in the next 50 years humans will learn better how to forward think consequences....
__________________
Razzle and Dara. Our clan. RIP Karma Dec 24th 2004-July 14 2013 RIP Zoey Jun9 th 2008-May 12 2012. RIP Magic,Mar 26 2006July 1st 2018
gemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Google
 

SHOP NOW: Amazon :: eBay :: Buy.com :: Newegg :: PetStore :: Petco :: PetSmart


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2003 - 2018 YorkieTalk.com
Privacy Policy - Terms of Use

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166