Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools|
|06-11-2014, 08:14 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2014
New here need some help
So I have a yorkie maltese mix named Hailey she is 2 years old. The past year has been something awful and anyways she had an appointment to get spayed last year and a week before the appointment my partner/caregiver up and left turning my world upside down so Hailey never made it to her appointment.
I got a couple quotes from local vets to have her spayed and all were for $900+ so I have been waiting on the low cost spay/neuter clinic.
A couple months ago a neighbour came to me desperate to rehome her male maltese, she was leaving the country in 3 days so I took him in but he is intact!
Hailey went into heat shortly after his arrival, I was exhausted because he was going bonkers and wouldn't let anyone sleep and I made a horrible error and he broke free and got to Hailey and they tied!
It has been two weeks now and I am certain she is pregnant, she has been so cuddly, her nipples are enlarged, she isn't playing like before and she wants to be cuddled with me all the time.
The day after it happened I called vets sobbing and found one who said he would spay her for $450 if brought in by Monday so on Monday morning my friend took her to be spayed(due to my disability I could not get there) but when they arrived the vet changed the price and neither me or my friend had it.
I don't know what to do. I know I made a huge mistake and at this point I regret ever taking in my boy but feel guilty for thinking that because I do love him. I have been in contact with some agency who is trying to help me find somewhere to get Hailey spayed and to arrange transportation but it's not looking good.
I have no idea about dog pregnancy or caring for newborn puppies and I am worried about Hailey, I am so stressed!!
My family will take the puppies if I can't get Hailey spayed but I keep thinking what if something goes wrong? What if she needs a c-section? What if she dies?
I am so sorry
|06-13-2014, 05:50 AM||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Gilford, NH, USA
I am sorry I do not have much advice to offer other than trying to do what is best for Hailey...I have to breeding experience but you are right to be concerned. I hope others chime in with some helpful advice I can only offer emotional support.
Cedric N Lola N Keylo
RIP Punkee Princess
|06-13-2014, 07:05 AM||#3|
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NH Great North Woods
You have few choices now. The safest thing for your girl is to have her spayed, thus aborting the pregnancy. Caring for her properly through a pregnancy, whelping and raising a litter is going to be far more costly than terminating the pregnancy now.
Sorry, there is no cheap way to breed dogs properly.