View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
Mom2Hailey
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default New here need some help

So I have a yorkie maltese mix named Hailey she is 2 years old. The past year has been something awful and anyways she had an appointment to get spayed last year and a week before the appointment my partner/caregiver up and left turning my world upside down so Hailey never made it to her appointment.

I got a couple quotes from local vets to have her spayed and all were for $900+ so I have been waiting on the low cost spay/neuter clinic.

A couple months ago a neighbour came to me desperate to rehome her male maltese, she was leaving the country in 3 days so I took him in but he is intact!

Hailey went into heat shortly after his arrival, I was exhausted because he was going bonkers and wouldn't let anyone sleep and I made a horrible error and he broke free and got to Hailey and they tied!

It has been two weeks now and I am certain she is pregnant, she has been so cuddly, her nipples are enlarged, she isn't playing like before and she wants to be cuddled with me all the time.

The day after it happened I called vets sobbing and found one who said he would spay her for $450 if brought in by Monday so on Monday morning my friend took her to be spayed(due to my disability I could not get there) but when they arrived the vet changed the price and neither me or my friend had it.

I don't know what to do. I know I made a huge mistake and at this point I regret ever taking in my boy but feel guilty for thinking that because I do love him. I have been in contact with some agency who is trying to help me find somewhere to get Hailey spayed and to arrange transportation but it's not looking good.

I have no idea about dog pregnancy or caring for newborn puppies and I am worried about Hailey, I am so stressed!!

My family will take the puppies if I can't get Hailey spayed but I keep thinking what if something goes wrong? What if she needs a c-section? What if she dies?

I am so sorry
Mom2Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!