YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community


Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.

Go Back   YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community > Breeding / Showing / Traveling > Breeder Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker
 
nacke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Posts: 437
Blog Entries: 2
Default Help please?

So, this is not the way i ever wanted to enter this section! But i inherited macy (#1, mine was named after her dog), this week. Macy (#1) was my grandmother's dog. Sadly, she has been passed between many homes since my grandmothers passing.

Anywho, according to her last wishes she wanted the dog bred. And i didnt know anything about this until she was literally sat in my lap. Everyone has chosen me since i have children and do not work.... So she is due in sept. I really need to know how to prepare.

Please do NOT bash me. I simply want her takeb care of until her time comes, and then she will be fixed. She was simply dumped on me because I CAN take care of her. I just need to know how!
__________________
Mama to Maci!!
RIP Macy & Thom
nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!

Old 08-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
YT 500 Club Member
 
Marissa101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Nevada USA
Posts: 818
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Bumping this for you! I'm sorry I cant help you but good luck!
__________________
Yes, we made a fan club for our obssession of Johnny Depp
Snickers Not just a delicious candy bar
Marissa101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
BANNED!
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 9,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacke View Post
So, this is not the way i ever wanted to enter this section! But i inherited macy (#1, mine was named after her dog), this week. Macy (#1) was my grandmother's dog. Sadly, she has been passed between many homes since my grandmothers passing.

Anywho, according to her last wishes she wanted the dog bred. And i didnt know anything about this until she was literally sat in my lap. Everyone has chosen me since i have children and do not work.... So she is due in sept. I really need to know how to prepare.

Please do NOT bash me. I simply want her takeb care of until her time comes, and then she will be fixed. She was simply dumped on me because I CAN take care of her. I just need to know how!

First off Im sorry for the loss of your Grandmother.

What kind of dog is she? is she a Yorkie? if so how big is she?
how old is she? has she ever had any pups before?
sence she has been passed around to so many different homes do you know who /what dog mated with her? and if so what size was this male?

I wonder why it was important for your grandmothers last wishes for her dog to be breed. You will probaly need to have her checked out by a vet asap and she will need xrays to see how many and how big those pups are to see if she can deliver them or will need a c-section. you will need to put her on a good quality puppy food.
theres so many things you will need for when its time for her to have those pups. welping box, heating pad. and so much more. you can go to the site below and read up on every thing there. it will tell you what to look for , what you will need and all about when she comes in labor.
Good luck and keep us updated.
Canine Reproduction Video and Book on Breeding and Whelping dogs by Debbie Jensen for dog breeders and Whelping Supplies needed to deliver puppies.
YorkieShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:21 AM   #4
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member
 
bjh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southeast Texas
Posts: 7,959
Default

I am sorry you lost your grandmother. YorkieShadow has asked some very good questions. For anyone to help we need a lot more information. Has she already been bred and if so how far along is she?
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:17 AM   #5
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker
 
nacke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Posts: 437
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Thank you! My grandmother was my best friend in the world, it has hurt us all... Im not sure WHY she wanted her bred in all honesty. Im pretty ticked that my family did this, then left her with me. She shouldnt have been bred if they couldnt care for her

She is a yorkie, aprox 2 1/2 years old. On my scale, she is about 6.5lbs, but i have no idea on her pre pregnancy weight. I do not believe she has ever had pups before. She is eating puppy wellness that my dog eats, Im assuming thats ok?

From my understanding, she was bred with another yorkie. I hope he was smaller I will have to make some phone calls to be 100% sure. She was bred in early July, as for dates, i will have to call and get those too.

We are taking her to the vet this week. That is my #1 priority. I want her safe! Thanks for the recomendations on supplies. That was my next question!


Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieShadow View Post
First off Im sorry for the loss of your Grandmother.

What kind of dog is she? is she a Yorkie? if so how big is she?
how old is she? has she ever had any pups before?
sence she has been passed around to so many different homes do you know who /what dog mated with her? and if so what size was this male?

I wonder why it was important for your grandmothers last wishes for her dog to be breed. You will probaly need to have her checked out by a vet asap and she will need xrays to see how many and how big those pups are to see if she can deliver them or will need a c-section. you will need to put her on a good quality puppy food.
theres so many things you will need for when its time for her to have those pups. welping box, heating pad. and so much more. you can go to the site below and read up on every thing there. it will tell you what to look for , what you will need and all about when she comes in labor.
Good luck and keep us updated.
Canine Reproduction Video and Book on Breeding and Whelping dogs by Debbie Jensen for dog breeders and Whelping Supplies needed to deliver puppies.
__________________
Mama to Maci!!
RIP Macy & Thom
nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:05 AM   #6
Senior Yorkie Talker
 
cath54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: STERLING,ILL
Posts: 210
Unlove Needs help

Very sorry about your loss.And please dont think all of us are rude,very one says thing that are rude at times.If you need advice and the time comes,you can call me here is my address email.i can talk to you about what to expect.Good luck and God bless,cath54...pchway1@live.com
cath54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:14 AM   #7
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker
 
nacke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Posts: 437
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath54 View Post
Very sorry about your loss.And please dont think all of us are rude,very one says thing that are rude at times.If you need advice and the time comes,you can call me here is my address email.i can talk to you about what to expect.Good luck and God bless,cath54...pchway1@live.com
Thanks! Im not upset. I just didnt feel like diving into why i dont know every detail about this dog (she lived several states away up until last week) or why my mother chose to breed her (I cant speak for her, so im not going there). I figured that would expand the arguement.

She will visit the vet this week, and im sure ill get tons of info there =) Also reading over these sites to get what i need for birth
__________________
Mama to Maci!!
RIP Macy & Thom
nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #8
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member
 
bjh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southeast Texas
Posts: 7,959
Default

Where is Lewisville, Texas? I live in southeast Texas. Is she already showing? You have plenty of time to read up on whelping? Have you ever delivered a litter of pups before? Yorkies need a lot of hands on help to insure a safe whelping. There are many of us that will be glad to help you if you have any specific questions. For now just make sure mom is eating well but don't over supplement. Avoid any toxic flea treatment and chemicals. Try to keep her cool and calm. You don't want her to get over heated because that can effect the pups. We would love to see pictures of her.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #9
Tiny Dog Big Heart
Donating Member
 
Little Bit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,205
Default

So sorry about the situation you have been put in. I am glad you are gathering info now so you will be prepared. You have been given some good advice. Let us know when you find out when she is due and if there is anything else we can do to help.
__________________
Little Bit
Little Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:17 AM   #10
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker
 
nacke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Posts: 437
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Where is Lewisville, Texas? I live in southeast Texas. Is she already showing? You have plenty of time to read up on whelping? Have you ever delivered a litter of pups before? Yorkies need a lot of hands on help to insure a safe whelping. There are many of us that will be glad to help you if you have any specific questions. For now just make sure mom is eating well but don't over supplement. Avoid any toxic flea treatment and chemicals. Try to keep her cool and calm. You don't want her to get over heated because that can effect the pups. We would love to see pictures of her.
We are about 30 mins north of Dallas She is not showing, her nipples are big. I do have a friend about 15 minutes away that will be able to help. Otherwise, i will see if she can whelp at the Vet's office to be safe.
__________________
Mama to Maci!!
RIP Macy & Thom
nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #11
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker
 
nacke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Posts: 437
Blog Entries: 2
Default

I know my family will probably go through the roof, but if shes not showing yet, is there any chance of having her spayed NOW? After speaking with my mom, she was bred july 15th with a 4lb yorkie.
__________________
Mama to Maci!!
RIP Macy & Thom
nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #12
Donating YT 1000 Club Member
 
Brooklynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacke View Post
I know my family will probably go through the roof, but if shes not showing yet, is there any chance of having her spayed NOW? After speaking with my mom, she was bred july 15th with a 4lb yorkie.
Yes, she can be spayed at this time.

Donna Bird
Brooklynn's Yorkshire Terriers
__________________
Brooklynn's Yorkshire Terriers
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #13
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member
 
bjh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southeast Texas
Posts: 7,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacke View Post
I know my family will probably go through the roof, but if shes not showing yet, is there any chance of having her spayed NOW? After speaking with my mom, she was bred july 15th with a 4lb yorkie.
Personally, I think you should take her to the vet and get her checked out if she hasn't been already. As long as she is healthy and the vet feels she can safely whelp then that is what I would do. I am sure your grandmother loved her little dog dearly and she most likely wanted to let her little girl have puppies so her puppies could bring others in the family the kind of joy her yorkie had brought to her.

If you feel you have the time and money to raise a litter then do what you feel is best. We will be here to support you no matter what you decide. It is possible she might not even be pregnant.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #14
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker
 
nacke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lewisville, Texas
Posts: 437
Blog Entries: 2
Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Personally, I think you should take her to the vet and get her checked out if she hasn't been already. As long as she is healthy and the vet feels she can safely whelp then that is what I would do. I am sure your grandmother loved her little dog dearly and she most likely wanted to let her little girl have puppies so her puppies could bring others in the family the kind of joy her yorkie had brought to her.

If you feel you have the time and money to raise a litter then do what you feel is best. We will be here to support you no matter what you decide. It is possible she might not even be pregnant.
Thank you! That really means alot to me!
__________________
Mama to Maci!!
RIP Macy & Thom
nacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #15
YT 1000 Club Member
 
smartpuppiepets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Beverly
Posts: 1,042
Present

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Personally, I think you should take her to the vet and get her checked out if she hasn't been already. As long as she is healthy and the vet feels she can safely whelp then that is what I would do. I am sure your grandmother loved her little dog dearly and she most likely wanted to let her little girl have puppies so her puppies could bring others in the family the kind of joy her yorkie had brought to her.

If you feel you have the time and money to raise a litter then do what you feel is best. We will be here to support you no matter what you decide. It is possible she might not even be pregnant.

Dito !

XOXO
__________________
"The reason a dog has many friends is because it wags it's tail instead of it's tong " [I]Smartpuppiepets@yahoo.com /I][
smartpuppiepets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Google
 

SHOP NOW: Amazon :: eBay :: Buy.com :: Newegg :: PetStore :: Petco :: PetSmart


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2003 - 2018 YorkieTalk.com
Privacy Policy - Terms of Use

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167