Thread: Help please?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 05:17 AM   #5
nacke
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Thank you! My grandmother was my best friend in the world, it has hurt us all... Im not sure WHY she wanted her bred in all honesty. Im pretty ticked that my family did this, then left her with me. She shouldnt have been bred if they couldnt care for her

She is a yorkie, aprox 2 1/2 years old. On my scale, she is about 6.5lbs, but i have no idea on her pre pregnancy weight. I do not believe she has ever had pups before. She is eating puppy wellness that my dog eats, Im assuming thats ok?

From my understanding, she was bred with another yorkie. I hope he was smaller I will have to make some phone calls to be 100% sure. She was bred in early July, as for dates, i will have to call and get those too.

We are taking her to the vet this week. That is my #1 priority. I want her safe! Thanks for the recomendations on supplies. That was my next question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieShadow View Post
First off Im sorry for the loss of your Grandmother.

What kind of dog is she? is she a Yorkie? if so how big is she?
how old is she? has she ever had any pups before?
sence she has been passed around to so many different homes do you know who /what dog mated with her? and if so what size was this male?

I wonder why it was important for your grandmothers last wishes for her dog to be breed. You will probaly need to have her checked out by a vet asap and she will need xrays to see how many and how big those pups are to see if she can deliver them or will need a c-section. you will need to put her on a good quality puppy food.
theres so many things you will need for when its time for her to have those pups. welping box, heating pad. and so much more. you can go to the site below and read up on every thing there. it will tell you what to look for , what you will need and all about when she comes in labor.
Good luck and keep us updated.
Canine Reproduction Video and Book on Breeding and Whelping dogs by Debbie Jensen for dog breeders and Whelping Supplies needed to deliver puppies.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!