YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community

Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.

Go Back   YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community > Breeding / Showing / Traveling > Breeder Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2008, 01:27 PM   #16
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicgenie View Post
Sorry for the intrusion but I got very confused in the original thread about Maxine. I am, however, very interested in the subject of proper placement of retiring breeding dogs. My own integrity was questioned recently when someone commented negatively about how I use a placement service when I need to rehome my retiring girls. I was hurt by this thinking and I think it was Sugar's Mom who best expressed how it can be more difficult to part with an adult dog than a puppy. I need to objectivity of a third party, as well as the tremendous effort they put into checking out the adoptive home and family. Is someone interested in starting a thread about this? Thanks.
it was your post that got me interested in turning my girls over to the same one you use. Haven't done it yet but might have to eventually. Thank you and yes, it is so much more difficult to place these girls we have nutured and raised like our own babies. It is almost impossible for me to do..
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!

Old 12-31-2008, 01:42 PM   #17
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar's Mom View Post
it was your post that got me interested in turning my girls over to the same one you use. Haven't done it yet but might have to eventually. Thank you and yes, it is so much more difficult to place these girls we have nutured and raised like our own babies. It is almost impossible for me to do..
I have been upset all day long....I placed two of my dear fosters yesterday. They have a wonderful home...that is not the issue. They are going through what every one of them does. They are not eating! One is pacing around, looking for me. When I heard that, I wanted rush to get them. The one was from a byb and had been treated so badly...she was shell shocked when I got her...and had really just bonded with me .. I had her since early spring and had to put her through Heartworm treatment..actually both of them went through the treatment together.
Anyway....I just got off of the phone telling someone I am finished fostering. I say that each time...it hurts so much. Not for me..I have my own pups...but, for the dogs. I feel like it is so traumatic for them even though I know they will have a wonderful life. I won't let them go to someone I am even a tad bit uncomfortable with. And, I always follow up on them to be sure they are ok.
YOu also have to do that. To breed, you have to give them up...and it is heart wrenching. I wish there were another way. But...we all need to remember that there are many people out there who really do not care...at least we know when we send ours to someone it is for their benefit!
Not sure it helps any...not helping me right now. I am actually in tears over Amanda and Annabelle. Especially little Amanda.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #18
YT 2000 Club Member

We breed and when it has come time to rehome our adults it is heartbreaking! They live in our home and are part of the family. I have never had a problem rehoming an adult to a loving family - they are spayed and once healed we place them. Tears are always shed when they go and each time I wonder if breeding is worth it? Then I get letters/calls/emails letting me know how much they love their new dog and that they have adjusted so well. I adore when I get photos. My Paris I had to place this year and I adored the photos of her on e the lap of her new family and the Thank you card they sent.
I have to say that although I would never place mine with a rescue at least they are using a rescue to find new homes and not doing worse...I have heard many a story of people taking them to kill shelters or just putting them to sleep
Old 12-31-2008, 02:18 PM   #19
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
I have been upset all day long....I placed two of my dear fosters yesterday. They have a wonderful home...that is not the issue. They are going through what every one of them does. They are not eating! One is pacing around, looking for me. When I heard that, I wanted rush to get them. The one was from a byb and had been treated so badly...she was shell shocked when I got her...and had really just bonded with me .. I had her since early spring and had to put her through Heartworm treatment..actually both of them went through the treatment together.
Anyway....I just got off of the phone telling someone I am finished fostering. I say that each time...it hurts so much. Not for me..I have my own pups...but, for the dogs. I feel like it is so traumatic for them even though I know they will have a wonderful life. I won't let them go to someone I am even a tad bit uncomfortable with. And, I always follow up on them to be sure they are ok.
YOu also have to do that. To breed, you have to give them up...and it is heart wrenching. I wish there were another way. But...we all need to remember that there are many people out there who really do not care...at least we know when we send ours to someone it is for their benefit!
Not sure it helps any...not helping me right now. I am actually in tears over Amanda and Annabelle. Especially little Amanda.

That's the way I feel also. It isn't for me that I hate to let them go but for the dogs. I have been their whole world all this tme and when they are placed, the rug is just pulled out from under the little things. i have only placed one retired girl but she went to a very good friend and is a little princess now as it should be but I cried for days.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:19 PM   #20
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenee4 View Post
We breed and when it has come time to rehome our adults it is heartbreaking! They live in our home and are part of the family. I have never had a problem rehoming an adult to a loving family - they are spayed and once healed we place them. Tears are always shed when they go and each time I wonder if breeding is worth it? Then I get letters/calls/emails letting me know how much they love their new dog and that they have adjusted so well. I adore when I get photos. My Paris I had to place this year and I adored the photos of her on e the lap of her new family and the Thank you card they sent.
I have to say that although I would never place mine with a rescue at least they are using a rescue to find new homes and not doing worse...I have heard many a story of people taking them to kill shelters or just putting them to sleep
It hurts and is hard because you are responsible and loving to your girls. She was not and that was what got me going the other day.

When they are at the kill shelters is when we get them, all beat up and a total mess. It is very sad when this happens. That is the point I was trying to make, her behavior does not classify her with you. Two totally different things and no comparison.

When it is someone like Maxine coming here saying "Free Yorkies" that is just crazy! IMO YT Adminstration should have stopped with when it was first happening. Originally she tried to give them away right here and when that didn't work she called a rescue and then they disappeared. This was not ONE it was 7!
Old 12-31-2008, 04:16 PM   #21
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
I think that it is different for a breeder who is breeding responsibly...and in the case mentioned above where she was heartbroken and wanted them in a good home. I remember reading the thread about her yorkies and it was so sad. I will offer to help a breeder who is reputable....I will not accept dogs over and over and over from a breeder. That is my policy....I am not speaking for any rescue. I think that to take in dogs like that is enabling the backyard breeders and mills.
I have heard people say that the dogs will be euthanized if rescue does not take them...BUT I have seen them take these pups in while other yorkies DO get euthanized in shelters. I saw one here in TX where the rescue was driving to MO to pick up 12 yorkies from a mill...and there were two here in TX in shelters that no one could take! That is just not right imo.
A really reputable breeder should not have the numbers to turn over to rescue over and over and over. OK..I have repeated myself.
BUT...that thread the other day had nothing to do with a breeder asking for help placing a couple of pups. There was something seriously wrong in that case from what I saw.
I guess it just depends on what state you are in. Here we very seldom get any yorkies from shelters b/c they aren't in them. Most of the time if they are it's b/c a breeder dumped them there.. i'd say 80% or more of our dogs are from Puppymills. We DO accept any yorkie from any breeder b/c if we don't they will just simply take them to auction.. no big deal to them.. but i've been there and it's a HORRIBLE place... So is that the better solution? No it's not. Every rescue operates differently and has it's own standards but here in oklahoma that's what we deal with..
Old 12-31-2008, 05:22 PM   #22
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelz View Post
I guess it just depends on what state you are in. Here we very seldom get any yorkies from shelters b/c they aren't in them. Most of the time if they are it's b/c a breeder dumped them there.. i'd say 80% or more of our dogs are from Puppymills. We DO accept any yorkie from any breeder b/c if we don't they will just simply take them to auction.. no big deal to them.. but i've been there and it's a HORRIBLE place... So is that the better solution? No it's not. Every rescue operates differently and has it's own standards but here in oklahoma that's what we deal with..

All a matter or philosphy. I wish there were none in shelters here at all. I would not have to rescue any.
I understand how you feel about the mills, but I also think that bailing them out is enabling. Simply my opinion and many disagree. I also am not speaking for a rescue. This is only *my* opinion.
I know how bad the mills are...I choose not to go there because even if I take a few there are thousands more and I simply could not go there and leave any behind. Have I taken any mill kids in? Yes, after they have been seized.
Hopefully, one day they will be shut down and that will be it!
Old 12-31-2008, 05:25 PM   #23

There are not a lot of yorkies in shelters here either. I'm in IL and when they do come from a mill it is usually IN of OH from a rescue that cannot handle what they are already overwhelmed with. There recently was an article about a mill in S. IL that was really bad but that is more of an exception than the rule in this area.

I think you are correct in saying it is the need for the type of rescue that you do which is specific to your area. If there are a lot of mills in your state that is what you will see in your rescue, it there are more owner surrenders that is what you will deal with. I have seen more turn overs from petshop purchases were the dogs are severely ill and need big money surgery. It's demographics.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:50 PM   #24
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Rehoming...

My point of view as a breeder myself......every time I breed , I want my puppies into the best loving homes out there , I want to make sure (myself)
to know they are in a home with their own families ........I don't see myself turning to a shelter/rescue to find homes for my babies , why is it any difference for the adults? If I think I'm capable of placing a puppy and taking the risk , I should be able to do the same for the parents.
I know that rescues do a lot to find a good home and might get it right the first time or maybe not ( I have seen people getting pets from rescues/shelters, then turned around and rehomed again).
It may take more time to rehome an adult , but I know I'm here for them , providing them with love and care until the last day.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:04 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miley's mom View Post
My point of view as a breeder myself......every time I breed , I want my puppies into the best loving homes out there , I want to make sure (myself)
to know they are in a home with their own families ........I don't see myself turning to a shelter/rescue to find homes for my babies , why is it any difference for the adults? If I think I'm capable of placing a puppy and taking the risk , I should be able to do the same for the parents.
I know that rescues do a lot to find a good home and might get it right the first time or maybe not ( I have seen people getting pets from rescues/shelters, then turned around and rehomed again).
It may take more time to rehome an adult , but I know I'm here for them , providing them with love and care until the last day.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:10 AM   #26
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Well, I have friends and relatives I would not give a dog to. I have a friend of a friend who made me hold on to a retired girl for six months, one excuse after another why she couldn't take the dog home just yet, finally saying she changed her mind and didn't want her after all. That was the first time I used this rehoming agency. My girl is now a happy, pampered only child and she could have been home six months earlier. Right now I have what will be a fabulous home waiting for a retiring girl, but I told them they would have to pass scrutiny of the agency. I just think they can do a better job than I, and I'd gladly pay them well if I could use them to screen the homes my puppies go to. This past year I took back, for full refund, four puppies--two for "allergies" and two for crying at night, and these too were fabulous looking homes. Despite turning away a good number of people looking at my puppies, I'm still not screening well enough it seems.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #27
BANNED!

Well I want to start out with saying.. The only part I had in any of it was trying to find the 7 Yorkies of this breeders a home. I did not once ever come on here and lie, so please dont say that I did. The only reason the threads on those dogs got crazy was because of megansmomma her self jumped into those threads and made them very confusing.and yes the one picture I showed of one of the dogs looked scared. she was scared. she had never been on a leash before and it was scary to her, she was on the leash because I took pictures of her in the front yard where there is no fence and she did not know me... My Mickey does not like the leash very well either, does that make me a bad Yorkie owner? I think not. I also stated in that thread that these dogs have never been around anyone else but this breeder and was kind of scared of me, but they did let me pet them and pick them up. I did not see all of the 7 Yorkies.so I do not know of the true condition they were all in, so I really cant say one way or the other. only on the ones I did see. and I took pictures of them and shared with everyone here when trying to help find them their forever homes..and it did not seem to take very long for these Yorkies to become very close to their new owners. I see megansmom was fast to post what reese1 said about her Yorkie But you never mentioned what the other memebr said about her good experience with this breeder why?and on the thread you keep bring up you posted that you also talked to this breeder. and that she had told you pretty much the same thing she had told me. posts 4 & 9 pg 1 in the thread below. you also talk about Malinda NC Yorkie Rescue not picking up these Yorkies, where their transporters were a no show and she had not heard from Melinda saying why.
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yor...lt-yorkie.html
megansmom you keep posting Maxine came here and said "Free Yorkies" ypu posted she tried to give them away right here and when that didn't work she called a rescue and then they disappeared.
Why are you saying this? I Have told you over and over. Maxine has no internet.Maxine has never been here, and you know that. I came here to find those dogs a home. You know this because you keep dragging up that same thread. and No Maxine never called any rescue to come get them I gave the rescue her number and no they didnt disappear, they went to the rescue just not NC Rescue. so really you need to stop posting this, because its not true at all.why do you want to say things on here that are not true and that you know nothing about? and I dont know why admin is letting you keep doing this. when his rules are only post your PERSONAL experience with the breeder
All that I said is true.this is my own Personal experience with this breeder. If she is/ was a bad breeder Id also want people to know that. but until I see it with my own eyes I wont go there. yes I saw one Yorkie that had matts in her long hair and yes I have heard what Resse1 said about her Yorkie. But I can only speak from my own experience with the breeder.The Yorkie I got from her was very clean and very healthy. even the vet talked about him being a Nice Yorkie. I dont get it. post 55 in the thread below.
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/yor...-yorkie-4.html

Some of you dont know her and have had no experience with this breeder so you have no right to slander her,and say that she is not a reputable, ethical breeder. Only people that have met her and have bought dogs/pups from her should be speaking about this breeder telling their exsperoence. Go meet her and her dogs then come back and tell us what you know. Give me your numbers and I will have her call you and you can ask her what ever it is you need to know.I dont agree with every thing she does and Id do alot of thing differnt if these were my dogs, but their not, I have no say so on what she does, or how she runs her breeding program.
Please note, only post your PERSONAL experience with the breeder, groomer, or veterinarian This is not a place for heresay or second-hand information. List positives and any negatives, and please let us know when you interacted with them.

And your wrong there are members here that have bought pups from her and are very happy with their pups and have become good friends with Maxine and have met her in person her and her dogs in her home.. so please know your facts before posting them.and you wont find her on the internet selling her pups. because she has no computer or internet. You dont have to have the internet to breed Yorkies. Most of her Yorkies are right here in Ohio, Florida , Canada.and some are even on this site. and your right and its sad and true that there are dogs put down every day by breeders because their breeding days are over.and Im so Thankful that Maxine let me help in finding these Yorkies their forever homes.
Maxine was going to sell these Yorkies cheap, all she wanted was to find them forever loving homes. I talked to her and told her why not take the money from selling these Yorkies and have the ones that were unaltered and get them fixed (instead of taking the chance of someone saying they will do it and never hear from them again). that way she would know for sure that they would not be breed again.so really they wasnt free. The money would be used to have them spay/ neuter before going to their new homes..Theres nothing wrong with rehoming a dog free as long as you know where they are going and that they will not end up being breed .( even with caution some times breeders pups end up in the wrong hands)
.I felt sorry for them. Did I agree with her about rehoming them after using them for breeding yes and no. No because I feel that these dog have gave her their all, so why rehome them now...( I use to breed and the parents stayed with us their whole lifes even after breeding) and yes because if it makes that dog have a better loving home other then being breed then yes im all for that.they deserve to be nothing but loved on. I would never rehome one of my Yorkies. But I dont see any thing wrong with me trying to help make sure they went to the right homes. and thats the only part I had in this.what I did was nothing different then any member here finding a Yorkie that needs a home and posting it here in hopes that it helps in finding it a home.many members here do that.I also send messages to people on craigslist that are rehoming Yorkies telling them to come here and join and try and rehome them , Why because people here already have Yorkies and know about their needs and they would maybe find a better match here at YT. And I did get permission to post about Maxines Yorkies from admin before I posted about them. You act as if these were my Yorkies that was being rehomed. No This was me trying to find forever homes for the Yorkies. Not for me, Not for Maxine, I did it for the dogs.and Id do it again.you can think what you want about me.

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 01-07-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #28
BANNED!

When I talked to this Breeder, Her words to me, I am looking to rehome some Yorkies.Id like them to go to an older person. Do you know anyone that would love to take these Yorkies in? I asked the names and ages of them and asked if I could take pictures. She said yes.I asked if they was up to date on shots again yes I asked if they as ealthy, again yes..I told her I would try and help her find good homes for them. Like I did for Camden. she told me she was getting older and wanted to retire her breeding program.Not all these Yorkies had been breed, there was one that was to small to breed and one that she breed but didnt have pups.She also said that she wanted to make sure they went to good homes only ,that it broke her heart to let them go.
Turns out she changed her mind and decided to still breed a few. ( but that has nothing to do with me) These Yorkies are not mine, and I have no say so over them. and all I did was help them to find their for ever homes for the 100th time .I have also helped over 300 pets find their forever homes and I will continue to help them.Nothing anyone can say will keep me from helping them.
I tried to find them good homes with members on YT. There was so many members on here wanting them. but I did not know any of them and Maxine did not want to ship them, She wanted them to come to her house to meet her and the dogs first. But noone that wanted them lived close. so after much thought, I talked her into letting them go to a rescue, There was a few people on YT that was also helping me find these Yorkies homes. and we all decided that the rescue would be the best place for them.We knew this rescue would screen people and make the perfect match for them .
Yes I did.I talked her into letting them go to a rescue. I felt that they would be better off there, where I knew they would be screened and vet checked and nutuered befor going to their forever homes. and thats where they went.The rescue that took them in posted that they loved car rides and that they paw you to give kisses and that they have all found homes.and that they get along great with their new brothers and sisters.and that they was perfect love bugs, that came from what I had read on one of the new owners.
For anyone who cares.... these 5 Yorkies now have their forever homes. and so does Camden.
Like I said in the older threads there was a mix up with me talking to two different members here that had names so close , That I thought it was the same person.and the same rescue. but even after that was corrected. it keeps being brought up once again.
Melinda me and you had no such arrangements , what agreements you had was between you and Maxine, I have never talked to you until I called you asking who you were and why you told Maxine I told you about these Yorkies and then posted with you here after the fact.You say above that .YorkieShadow/aka Debbie was very unreasonable and belligerent in my dealings with her, making this surrender very difficult.
It was not my fault the lab rescue transport you sent to pick up these Yorkies never showed, It was not my fault that you never called Maxine and told her the reasons for the no show, you didnt even know why your self. Its not my fault that you told Maxine that you had talked to me about these Yorkies when I had never talked to you at all, until after Maxine had told me all this.and I got your number then I called you. Its not my fault that you had to call me back each time to only say oh let me call you back theres so much going on here right now.There was to much going on around you we couldnt even talk through all the noise. I told you when I called you that Maxine said you told her I had talked to you about these Yorkies and I asked you then why did you say that? I had never talked to you before.then you said it was RustysMom that you talked to. so how can you say I was very unreasonable when dealing with me. you never ever did any dealing with me.......and one of your friends here RustysMom that told you about Maxines dogs pm'ed me telling me to stay out of it. I was not going to stay out of it and let these Yorkies go to a rescue that noone had ever heard about. How would I of known your rescue was a true rescue?Just because you said it was? I dont know you. and I dont trust anyone on the internet.I had no proof that you had a rescue.
Maxine told me a rescue called her,,, This rescue was NC Yorkie Rescue. they said that I had talked to them about getting these Yorkies. I knew I had never. so I got her number From Maxine and called her Melinda.. she had to let me go three different times and could not talk with all the confushion going on around her.The third time we finaly got to talk and she had found out about these Yorkies through another member here who I had talked to( the one I got the members names mixed up Rustysmom & Rustysmomma two different members )
RustysMom the one who pm'ed me told me to stay out of it. I called Maxine back and told her this was not the rescue that i had talked to her about, and that I knew nothing about them, I checked their website and there was not much there at that time.nothing about any of the rescues they have found homes for. and it looked like an unfinished website.I also got on YT and started a thread asking members here if they knew of this rescue. I hadnt and I was worried about where these Yorkies were going. I got many pms, saying they have never heard of this rescue. even rescues in that area had not heard about them.I looked up some threads on YT about them and did not like what I was reading. By the time I got back to Maxine she was already talking to another rescue. so No NC Yorkie Rescue did not end up getting these Yorkies. we couldnt turn them over to a rescue we never heard of. They went to another well known rescue. I had asked for the thread to be closed by admin because they went to a rescue,there was no need to keep the thread open. No i didnt state what rescue they went to, I didnt feel I needed to.
Maxine made the final choice of where her Yorkies went not me,I only told her what I thought about it.
AS far as I know just a few of the Yorkies did not have a rabie shot. and Maxine had took them up to the vet to have that done (Two died while getting their shot,one they think because she was old and had a seisure. I bet she wished they never got it done now, she said it looked like the vet had give it to them in the vein)) .and I didnt know this until later after the vets visit. She also stated that The male Yorkie needed a teeth cleaning.This little male is the one that NC Yorkie Rescue was wanting to keep for herself .who ever they sent out to pick up the Yorkies did not show up..Maxine had held them for another week. Maxine said she let another rescue have them.I have kept up with their updates and they have all found homes.and this is what really matters.
and She has told me that the rescue that took them in have kept in touch with her and gave her updates on these Yorkies and their new homes.
These dogs do not live in a shed like megansmomma said above. why she would say that IDK. I do know that this Breeder has a very nice building that sits behind her house that is all fenced in, Its so nice that it it looks like a little house. I do not know that her Yorkies are kept in there, she says they are kept in her house.I have heard Yorkies barking back there from the drive way. but they could of also been in the fenced in yard or on her back porch its all in the same area.I have never asked her.I have wondered, But never asked......again none of my business.
I did get my Mickey from her 4 1/2 years ago. and when I got him he was in perfect health and very clean. he was in a cute little play pen that was also very clean.I was gave his shot records, food and nutridrops. and papers. she went over every thing with me , she gave me this little book with her info in it and asked me to send her a letter/ pictures from time to time.She also gave me pictures of the mother and father to keep. She had a mother dog there off to the kitchen in a small area who had just had a litter of pups. She also had and older Yorkie there who I petted .
I do agree that people who know bad breeders should stand up and tell what they know about these breeders. BYB and puppymills need to be shut down. Bad rescues and people who abuse animals should never own any kind of animal.
But some of you on here are acting like you know this breeder. and you dont. I dont see how one can say this and that about a breeder with out ever meeting them or their dogs. I would not ever talk bad about anyone making it public and say they do this and that unless I knew these facts to be true. and then if I did know I would also want others to know.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #29
BANNED!

If you have a problem with this breeder, , why dont you both call her & sit up a time and date and go to her house and visit with her and her Yorkies. Im sure she will let you in and Im sure she will tell you any thing you need to know.why put her down on YT when you dont even know her? and shes not here to defend herself. Then you can report back here and have some true facts and say that you been there and have really seen that. ..you should seriously know YOUR facts before making such statements. ...Then if you find any of this true then please post it. But I have nothing to do with this breeder, other then buying a pup from her and helping to find some of her Yorkies homes, so keep me out of it. The pup I got was very clean and very healthy. AKC has been to her house and they dont have a problem with her breeding program. She has some of the best lines out there. If anyone needs to know any thing else go meet her. I didnt do a back ground check on her and her life. because its really none of my business. I have better things to do then spend my time searching peoples names on the internet trying to dig up and try finding dirt on them.
I do not have to like every thing this lady/ breeder does in order to help Yorkies find their forever homes. I will help them no matter what. They cant help them selves. They are not the first dogs Ive ever helped rehome and they wont be the last.

I know only one person that has said any thing bad about the dog they have received from Maxine, and that was reese1, Camden who she named and its a female.
Me and reese1 talked many times after she got her. she did tell me about her having an ear infection and a red eye. she also said the breeder thinks she may have caused the eye infection because when she was combing her she got her in the eye. I had not heard any thing about Camden being sick until these last 2 threads. and she did tell me she had her groomed. I do believe reese1 was telling me the truth. she has no reason to lie. we had also talked about these 7 Yorkies needing forever loving homes.and how sad it was that they was being rehomed. we had wondered where she kept all her Yorkies. But I have only been in the front 2 rooms of her home.
But I also know people on here and many of my friends that have meet her and have got pups from her and they have not had a problem with her or their pups.I know other breeders that put their dogs up when company comes. I do this my self. I dont take the chance of them getting stepped on or a child trying to pick them up.
I do think that with Maxine having so many dogs and with her getting older it was getting to much for her to keep up with their grooming and that is another reason she decided to rehome them. and at this time she was having to leave home alot because of her mother being sick and then dieing. I had planned to take in one of them, but I didnt know how my two would act with an older dog and it really wasnt the right time for us, so we decided not to. They may have needed grooming , But they were/are beautiful loving Yorkies. I know she was giving some of them short coats . puppy cuts because it was much easier. But I feel that if one cant spend alot of time with any dog, or pet , then why have them? There are some things I dont agree with Maxine, But there are also things I dont agree with with alot of you.
Do I think she treated her Yorkies like I treat mine. No. mine are very spoiled mine are bathed weakly..mine are my babies and I only have two. But not all people treat their dogs like some of us do( even though I think all Dogs should be spoiled). and Im not really here to defend her nor am I here to say some thing that is not true.I also know she had took in another breeders pups because the mother had died and she spent many hours day and night with those 4 pups bottle feeding them, making sure that they lived and that she only feed them the best and made sure they got vitamin drops and she paid for all of this her self to save this other womens pups and I ended up helping her with 2 of them and she paid for all the milk . when they was old enough she made sure they had their shots.and she did all this while having a litter of her own. I know she has beautiful paintings on her walls of her Yorkies. I know shes been breeding for over 20 years and I know she got her first two Yorkies from her Mother when she was a teenager.I know she feeds her Yorkies only the best of foods. Im telling you all every thing I know about this breeder. but if you do know of some thing That I dont know ...that is a true fact. yes Id like to know.( because I am planning on buying my next AKC Yorkshire Terrier from her soon) But I wont say some thing that I dont know to be true about her on a public forums. I do have many questions id like to ask, But I dont feel its my place to ask.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:46 PM   #30
BANNED!

I just wish people would post only what they truely know. post your PERSONAL experience with this breeder,not heresay or second-hand information or play the guessing game.( I have also played the guessing game wondering what ifs and all it does is drives one crazy) If you have had a bad experience with this breeder then yes do say so. post your own personal review positive or negative.
Now I have took my time and told all I know about this breeder. Not in defending her but only telling my true PERSONAL experience with this breeder. If there is any thing bad about this breeder then I know nothing about it. If I did I would also tell it. But I will not say any thing that Im not sure of or know not to be true.
I hope that people who are looking for a pup and or decide to get one from this breeder, will go meet her and her dogs and have your own personal experience with her .ask lots of questions. only you will know if you feel this lady is a good or bad breeder. and I hope you come back and share your experience with us good or bad, we would like to hear from you. If you have had a bad experience with this breeder, You should tell others. people should be warned. but no one NOONE should be talking bad about her if you have never even met her.
And if any of you that are reading this. looking at this thread. I hope that this clears every thing up.
there is noone that posted on this thread that has ever met with this breeder or has ever bought a pup off of this breeder or even seen her Yorkies in person but me. 2 of them have talked to her by phone wanting her Yorkies. but she did not give either of them one and so they have never seen them. If she was just dumping those Yorkies she would of let these people have them.( and I think that is half the problem here, she turned them both down) There are two members here that had posted on another thread one stating good reviews and one stating bad reviews. I wish the others would come on and share their experiences too. I can only tell about my experience with her, and I dont know every thing about her.

I wont be returning to this thread. I know my post is long and I just hope that it cleared up and explained every thing.
If I get banned so be it. I have told my own experience with this breeder Like admins rules states.
I am not attacking any one here . I just want the truth to be told. This is only my own experience with this breeder.
Closed Thread