View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 02:19 PM   #20
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrenee4 View Post
We breed and when it has come time to rehome our adults it is heartbreaking! They live in our home and are part of the family. I have never had a problem rehoming an adult to a loving family - they are spayed and once healed we place them. Tears are always shed when they go and each time I wonder if breeding is worth it? Then I get letters/calls/emails letting me know how much they love their new dog and that they have adjusted so well. I adore when I get photos. My Paris I had to place this year and I adored the photos of her on e the lap of her new family and the Thank you card they sent.
I have to say that although I would never place mine with a rescue at least they are using a rescue to find new homes and not doing worse...I have heard many a story of people taking them to kill shelters or just putting them to sleep
It hurts and is hard because you are responsible and loving to your girls. She was not and that was what got me going the other day.

When they are at the kill shelters is when we get them, all beat up and a total mess. It is very sad when this happens. That is the point I was trying to make, her behavior does not classify her with you. Two totally different things and no comparison.

When it is someone like Maxine coming here saying "Free Yorkies" that is just crazy! IMO YT Adminstration should have stopped with when it was first happening. Originally she tried to give them away right here and when that didn't work she called a rescue and then they disappeared. This was not ONE it was 7!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!