Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools|
|03-22-2007, 11:41 AM||#1|
Senior Yorkie Talker
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bryn Mawr, PA
If Royal Canine causes your dog bad breath, try Merrick
Hey guys...I've posted several threads about finding the right food for my 13 week old Sammie
If this seems to relate to your puppy try Merrick (It took me almost $50 to figure it out but worth it now)
He started out...
1) eating IAMS puppy dry (found out it's bad since they test on animals and the wet food is on RECALL)...threw away everything, even dry, I just won't trust it
2) Switched to Royal Canine Puppy 33. He loved the taste but boy...BAD BREATH!!! Some find that Royal Canine doesn't cause bad breath for their dog but it did for mine
3) Switched to Innova Puppy. Sammie hated it! Would only pick at it..maybe suck on it then spit it out (his area around his bowl was soo messy). This is a rich food and Sammie didn't like it too much (I think since he's on the smaller yorkie side...it was too rich for his stomach and even the little he ate, caused runny poop)
4) Switched to Canidae and he didn't like this either
5) Finally!!! I found it...Merrick Puppy with Organic Chicken!!! The kibbles are a bit bigger so now I know he actually chews instead of swallowing. It's also rated high in the dog food journal. It has dried peas and other veggies too that you can see (not mixed in with the meat).
SOOO for those who are facing this same dilemma...maybe I have saved you time and money!!
|03-22-2007, 02:29 PM||#3|
Donating YT 3000 Club Member
Join Date: Feb 2005
Yes, we use Merricks for Emma too with organic chicken...she likes grammy's pot pie
Miko 's his Mommy