View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
Sammietheyorkie
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default If Royal Canine causes your dog bad breath, try Merrick

Hey guys...I've posted several threads about finding the right food for my 13 week old Sammie

If this seems to relate to your puppy try Merrick (It took me almost $50 to figure it out but worth it now)

He started out...

1) eating IAMS puppy dry (found out it's bad since they test on animals and the wet food is on RECALL)...threw away everything, even dry, I just won't trust it

2) Switched to Royal Canine Puppy 33. He loved the taste but boy...BAD BREATH!!! Some find that Royal Canine doesn't cause bad breath for their dog but it did for mine

3) Switched to Innova Puppy. Sammie hated it! Would only pick at it..maybe suck on it then spit it out (his area around his bowl was soo messy). This is a rich food and Sammie didn't like it too much (I think since he's on the smaller yorkie side...it was too rich for his stomach and even the little he ate, caused runny poop)

4) Switched to Canidae and he didn't like this either

5) Finally!!! I found it...Merrick Puppy with Organic Chicken!!! The kibbles are a bit bigger so now I know he actually chews instead of swallowing. It's also rated high in the dog food journal. It has dried peas and other veggies too that you can see (not mixed in with the meat).

SOOO for those who are facing this same dilemma...maybe I have saved you time and money!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!