YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community

Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.

Go Back   YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community > All Else > Off Topic Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default A little about yourself...

I know on here it is easy to not really "fake" who you are, but it is hard to get a real sense of who people really are sometimes due to forum rules and etiquette (sp? ). I figured I would "introduce" to the "real me " and I encourage people to do the same, even if its just saying something alot of people might not know..

Well for starters I have the most foul mouth I have ever heard on a girl. I don't know where I got it from either. My mother and grandmother did not allow me to cuss growing up. Even still I watch my mouth around my grandmother out of respect.
I don't have kids and don't really want kids. ( This could go on the So freakin what thread ). Right now I see kids as nothing but an innconvience. I get sick of people saying " Oh but kids, they are so rewarding." Yeah well so is a trip to the Bahamas with my husband and not having to find a baby sitter
My husband is mixed black and white. I am white. Even in todays world, we still have people stop and stare. It pisses me off. Just because I married a mixed man does not mean I am "ghetto" and just because he married I white woman doesn't mean he's trying to get good credit LoL....
I am the nicest person first off. But when people piss me off, I am the meanest most spiteful, passive aggressive b**tch you will ever meet... LoL I am working on it
My husband and I are both in the Air Force. I hate it , he loves it. I plan on going to school after I get out and getting a degree so I can get back to the civilian world I have miss so much
I complain alot and don't realize it until after the fact. I hate that about myself. I do not like to seem like an ungrateful person. I would have to say that is my biggest flaw that I would like to change. When I see people complaining all the time it makes them seem miserable, and I am not miserable, I just need to suck it up!
LoL ok , I think that is enough for now.. any takers on "introducing the real you?"

Last edited by MizMaRLeysMoM86; 11-04-2009 at 06:07 PM.
MizMaRLeysMoM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!

Old 11-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
Donating YT 18K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizMaRLeysMoM86 View Post
I know on here it is easy to not really "fake" who you are, but it is hard to get a real sense of who people really are sometimes due to forum rules and etiquette (sp? ). I figured I would "introduce" to the "real me " and I encourage people to do the same, even if its just saying something alot of people might not know..

Well for starters I have the most foul mouth I have ever heard on a girl.I probably can match ya ....even though I "watch it" I don't know where I got it from either. My mother and grandmother did not allow me to cuss growing up. Even still I watch my mouth around my grandmother out of respect.
I don't have kids and don't really want kids. ( This could go on the So freakin what thread ). Right now I see kids as nothing but an innconvience.yes.....my teenager(one of them) is an inconvenience..... I get sick of people saying " Oh but kids, they are so rewarding." Yeah well so is a trip to the Bahamas with my husband and not having to find a baby sitter
My husband is mixed black and white. I am white. Even in todays world, we still have people stop and stare. It pisses me off. Just because I married a mixed man does not mean I am "ghetto" and just because he married I white woman doesn't mean he's trying to get good credit LoL.... sounds like Lisa Lampanelli~ great comedian! )
I am the nicest person first off. But when people piss me off, I am the meanest most spiteful, passive aggressive b**tch you will ever meet... LoL I am working on it .... We DO have something in common
My husband and I are both in the Air Force. I hate it , he loves it. I plan on going to school after I get out and getting a degree so I can get back to the civilian world I have miss so much
I complain alot and don't realize it until after the fact. I hate that about myself. I do not like to seem like an ungrateful person. I would have to say that is my biggest flaw that I would like to change. When I see people complaining all the time it makes them seem miserable, and I am not miserable, I just need to suck it up!
LoL ok , I think that is enough for now.. any takers on "introducing the real you?"

I think that about sums it up
Old 11-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #3
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Hmm, what do I want to say about myself.
I love my dog. lol
I'm more talkative online than I am in a group setting.
I have a special place in my heart for sugar (chocolate, candy, cookies, ice cream, Slurpees, iced capps). Lately I've had a bit of a Sour Patch Kid addiction.
I'm not a big fan of nuts, mushrooms, brie, or whole milk.
Most movies are a waste of my time as are a lot of tv shows.
I enjoy a good game of Pool or Euchre, or on the computer, Collapse and Tetris.
I hate all bugs and bats.

Okay, that was very random.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #4
YT 1000 Club Member

Hmmmm . . .I'm probably the biggest procrastinator there is . . I have an opinion for everyone and everything . . .I have no tolerance for rude and disrespectful behavior . . .I can be the biggest witch or the nicest person depending on the day . . .I can shut someone out in a moment's notice . . I'm constantly stating what goes around comes around . . .I hate my co-worker who is the biggest waste of life on this planet . . .I live for my dogs and nobody else . . .My biggest enjoyment is when I get to leave work and know that I will get greeted with squeals of delight when they hear me coming in . . .I spend way too much time on facebook playing that stupid awful game bejewled blitz . . .I'm 42 but act like I'm 22 . . .probably younger at times . . .My nickname at work is "sunshine" and it's not because I'm constantly smiling . . . .My life is very routine oriented and I feel out of place and stressed out if things don't go in the order they are supposed to . . I guess I'm a bit OCD with some ADD/ADHD thrown in . . .

Well, I can probably go on and on and on . . .but this about sums me up . .
Old 11-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #5

Nice to know you ladies I just thought I would let everyone know a little bit about me, even if it was negative. I like meeting people and since I don't think we will be having a YT meet-up in Japan this was the best I can do LoL I guess now that I am reading my post a lot of people maybe won't respond because they do not want to incriminate themselves lol
Old 11-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #6
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizMaRLeysMoM86 View Post
I

Well for starters I have the most foul mouth I have ever heard on a girl. You and me both girl. We really could be best friends in real life! I don't know where I get it from either!I don't know where I got it from either. My mother and grandmother did not allow me to cuss growing up. Even still I watch my mouth around my grandmother out of respect.
I don't have kids and don't really want kids. ( This could go on the So freakin what thread ). So freakin right about this too! Right now I see kids as nothing but an innconvience. I get sick of people saying " Oh but kids, they are so rewarding." Yeah well so is a trip to the Bahamas with my husband and not having to find a baby sitter
That's for starters. Let's see, first off, I'm a high functioning alcoholic. Everything gets done that needs to get done, but boy do I look forward to that bacardi every night.

I'm allergic to vodka, and people don't believe me.

I love to eat, I hate to exercise. I am fortunate enough to be the weight that I am without exercising but my mom still feels the need to nag me about my weight (I'm 115 she's 95!)

That said, I can't stand my mother. She called my cell today and I let it go to voicemail, then she called the shop phone, and I knew it was her, so I didn't answer it. She left me a 5min message. I hate that.

I'm turning 30 in Feb, and I don't think I'll have a party. It's my birthday and I'll ignore it if I want to! It's not that I'm sad I'm turing 30, it's that I don't feel I have much to celebrate right now. I'm actually glad to be getting outta my 20s!

I wanna move out of the country, but don't know where I'd go. maybe be a bum on the beach in Jamaica? That's sounds like a good plan. But I'm a convicted felon. So I can't leave just yet.

In real life I have 2 friends.

I CAN'T stand pop music, meaning ALL of top 40 which includes pop, rap, rock, whatever that all the kids are listening to.

I think going to clubs is really lame, but I love getting dressed up!

For the most part, I really hate men. I esp hate it when they ask me my nationality. Duh, I'm American.

I can't WAIT until the lease for this dumb shop is up!!! Then it's FREEEEDOM!

I spend way more on products for Uni than I do myself, but I think that can be said for most of us on here.

I spend way too much time on YT, but again, that can be said for most of us here too!

I think going out to eat at a restaurant is a waste of money. It's sooo much cheaper to make it yourself!

I don't understand how people don't know how to cook.

Wow that was a lot! I'll stop now.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #7
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
I'm allergic to vodka, and people don't believe me. No way!!!

I'm turning 30 in Feb, and I don't think I'll have a party. It's my birthday and I'll ignore it if I want to! It's not that I'm sad I'm turing 30, it's that I don't feel I have much to celebrate right now. I'm actually glad to be getting outta my 20s! NO WAY!!! I seriously thought you were 25 tops.

In real life I have 2 friends. I'm on the same boat. Brenda, but she's too busy with her kid and husband to spend as much time with me anymore, and my boyfriend Joe. He's my best friend too!!

I spend way too much time on YT, but again, that can be said for most of us here too!
This is my kind of group! Having only brothers to hang out with, f-bombs get dropped quite frequently. I'm sorry, they just come out. I hate that I have to watch everything that comes out of my mouth at work. I need a new job.

I hate that people criticize the relationship I have with my boyfriend before they get to know us. I don't call him everyday, so what? I don't feel like I need to.

I LOVE cars almost as much as I love Kaji. I guess that means I have 2 babies, Kaji and Kurogane. Yes I named my car.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
YT 500 Club Member

Wow most of you only said negative things about yourselves. I can't believe this is all there is to you,because anyone that loves animals are usually from warm, loving people. Lets hear something positive.

Well as for me hmm....I have been told that I always look for the best in people. I am always giving people the benefit of the doubt. I am happy most of the time and smile a lot. whenever I go to the store I always say hello to people, and hold doors open. I have a DH, three kids and lots of animals. My kids always say that I am to nice and people take advantage of me. I work with autistic children and people in rehab at my local hospital. I take my Whippet to work with me. On Christmas Eve my family and I go to the hospital and sing Christmas Carols.

I like many spend too much time on the computer so I get behind on housework. I am not the greatest cook but try hard. I am frugale and always look for bargins. I can't say "NO" and people know it. I don't really like watching Tv, love the outdoors and nature. I love to laugh and spend time with family and friends. My Mom is my best friend and when we get together all we do is laugh.

I guess that is it in a nut shell.
lmperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #9
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Hmmmm, let see...

I'm on the fast track to 42, have been in two long term relationships, one currently ongoing, but have never been married. I have no children, I became pregnant for the first time in my life last year, but lost it in the third month. I became quite depressed and shortly after my furbutt Bailey entered my life and cheered me up

I am not close to my mother or two siblings and haven't seen my family in nearly 10 years, pretty sad huh!?.

I am an Esthetician, but am unable to work currently because of ongoing health problems. Sucks.

I love love love food! I think I am a food addict, and although I weigh only 110lbs and always had a high metabolism, I realize I cannot be such a piglet now that I'm over 40

I am very soft hearted and probably overly sensitive, my feelings get hurt easily, and I also hate to see others hurting.

People perceive me as stuck up or standoffish, until they get to know me.

I love tattoos.

I wish I had more patience.

I find it hard to express my feelings to others, and tend to keep things inside.

Good grief I could go on and on..time to stop now!
Old 11-06-2009, 04:16 AM   #10

I just recently turned 38 and have been married for 8 years

My husband and I have our own business. Sometimes it is very stressful to live and work with the same person day in and day out

I always forget how old I am, probably because I drink too much. I'm working on that, but da*n its hard. I like wine. Particularly red. I like beer. Stella, Harp, Corona Light are my "go-to beers" but I love microbrews too. I am a gin drinker. Sapphire specifically. With tonic and a lime. Yum. Oh, and I don't drink them all together

I was always a bit of a tomboy growing up and have always preferred to hang out with the guys. I loved climbing trees, riding my bike and playing sports. My brother is 10 years older than me and I always used to tag along with he and his friends. They used to put shoulder pads and a helmet on me and make me play center for their football games.

I love sports. Particularly college football, NFL football and college basketball. I like and play golf, will watch tennis when its a major and really dislike baseball. I'll watch the NBA during the playoffs and saw my first hockey game this past year

My best girlfriend is basically a mirror image of me, and she and I hang out with my DH quite a bit, its "Jack and his blondes"

I hate "girlie" stuff. Especially sappy movies. Give me a good action flick and I am happy. I hate scary movies. Who wants to watch something that impedes sleep? And, you wonder why we have so many sickos in the world??? Don't you think those axe-murder movies give those nut cases ideas???

I have no interest in having children. Specifically the pregnancy or birthing process. Diapers and raising an infant hold absolutely no appeal to me. If there was ever a doubt, Remy cured me of it. He is basically like having a child. I do, however really enjoy kids once they are a bit older. I would, at some point, like to maybe be a foster mom to a kid that does not have a good home life. I think I could make a difference for someone.

I will do absolutely anything for people that are close to me, and for people I respect and love. However, don't cross me. I do not forget and do not forgive easily. I've been through too much personally and professionally to waste my time on people who are users or who are fake.

I think that probably sums it up!

RemydeHaviland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:57 AM   #11
YT 2000 Club Member

Ok..hmm what to say? what to say? Ok..well i guess I'll start off by saying i'm 36. First generation American of Italian imigrants (my parents still have the broken english accent). I speak fluent Italian...my parents usually talk to me in Italian and i answer back in english LoL Most of my family still lives in Italy...and thanks to that..i've been there 13 times. That being said...i LOVE LOVE LOVE to travel.

I am married to a wonderful man for 13 yrs...he was actually my prom date in high school LoL Crazy how things happen.

We dont have kids due to medical reasons.

I HATE to cook..i know how..its just not good...i know weird huh? What italian doesnt like to cook?LOL

I'm a pediatric RN who specializes with special needs children. I've been a nurse for 13 yrs. I love my job...although my back cant say the same thing. I can definitely feel myself getting older.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach!!!

I am always nice to people...BUT dont expect to say something snide to me and not get an earful back. My husband says i have the snappiest comebacks...and i have to agree LoL I'm pretty darn good at bantering ...13 yrs of marriage..what does he expect?LOL

Well there you go..me in a nutshell..sorta.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:57 AM   #12
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene68 View Post
Hmmmm, let see...

I'm on the fast track to 42, have been in two long term relationships, one currently ongoing, but have never been married. I have no children, I became pregnant for the first time in my life last year, but lost it in the third month. I became quite depressed and shortly after my furbutt Bailey entered my life and cheered me up I am 33 in a couple weeks, Nov 19, never married, no kids... don't really know if I even want any... I agree with Marleysmom, they are an inconvenience. Ironically kids love me. I have fun with them, I'm a kid at heart and they are attracted to me. They all call me auntie and some even tell me they wish I was their mom. I kindly tell them that I wouldn't be 'as cool' if I were! LOL Every once in awhile I wonder if I'll regret not having a child later in my life.

I am not close to my mother or two siblings and haven't seen my family in nearly 10 years, pretty sad huh!?.My mom and I never really got along good, we are totally different people, distance has helped our relationship a bit, we now live 2,500 miles apart! haha My brothers & I are mentally and emotionally close, but physically we are very far apart. I had a falling out with my father almost 2 years ago, spent a year not talking to him and now we only see each other maybe 4x a year and we only live about 8 miles from each other. I DESPISE his wife and if I never had to see her again in my life I would be happy.

I am an Esthetician, but am unable to work currently because of ongoing health problems. Sucks.

I love love love food! I think I am a food addict, and although I weigh only 110lbs and always had a high metabolism, I realize I cannot be such a piglet now that I'm over 40 I love food too... actually I'm ALWAYS hungry, I don't know why. I could eat nonstop all day long. I am not NEARLY as thin as you, but considering I probably take in 4,000 calories a day I'm ok to be a size 8/10, but I am trying to lose the 15lbs I put on in the last 2 years to be a solid 8.

I am very soft hearted and probably overly sensitive, my feelings get hurt easily, and I also hate to see others hurting.I come off gruff... but I hate hurting people and I hate when I think someone is upset with me. I need to make it right immediately else I feel soo awful that I said or did something to hurt someone. I dwell on it sometimes until I talk to that person and explain/apologize. I am not sensitive though, been through hell and back over the years, kind of hardened me up. I more just let people go and don't look back. I have no tolerance for people who judge me or don't try to understand me and things I do, I'd rather just not associate with them... and yes I'm cold bc when I choose to do that, I am DONE with them. I recently stopped being friends with my best friend of 18 years. I also walked away from a 10 year relationship with my fiance, I just was sick of the games and his immaturity. I do forgive very easily though.

People perceive me as stuck up or standoffish, until they get to know me. Me too, because I wear brand name clothes/shoes/purses/sunglasses, etc.. , (I am a great sales shopper and I like good quality) or drive a new car or wear my sunglasses all the time, even indoors... I just forget they are on!

I love tattoos. Me too! Only have 2 but already mapping out spots for more. Last one hurt a lot... might take a year or so before I get another one.

I wish I had more patience. Me too! Probably one of my worst downfalls. My brain works quick, I think quick and sometimes I act before I think the whole thing through. Things usually work out but I expect people to know my train of thought and get frustrated or aggravated when they need more explanation. Like DUH, isn't it obvious!?!? LOL They are not mind readers. I get aggravated with people who are always aggravated or create their own problems. I have no patience for drama and people who look for it get no sympathy from me.

I find it hard to express my feelings to others, and tend to keep things inside.
Here is where we differ... I am such an expressive person. I am a Scorpio, I am first born and I am female. What a combination. Everyone knows what I think or feel without me even having to talk! That includes the good feelings too! I am happy a lot!

I also want to say, I'm EXTREMELY appreciative for every little thing that someone does for me. From my boyfriend bringing coffee in bed every morning to a simple postcard in the mail. I just love when people put thought into things. I never buy gift cards or give money for gifts to those I treasure most... I always make sure I put thought into gifts to make sure they know I listen to them and hear what they want/need. Small gestures like that make big impressions!

Good grief I could go on and on..time to stop now!
Wow, we have a lot in common!!!

I am also a life long student. 2 more classes until I get my BSBA... it's been 15 years in the making! I have a motorcycle license and I dream of owning a Porsche Carrera someday but an older one... I love the 1980s style, been my dream since I was like 15.

That some of the good, the bad and the ugly of me!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:21 AM   #13
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Hmmmmm let's see.

I'm 26, almost 27. I live with my best friend, which is apparently odd to some people. I wasn't aware but most of society thinks that you should be living with a man or by yourself. But I've actually recently come to realize that I'm sorta living the dream. I work in an office full of 40 year old women who would love to kick their husbands out and move their best friend in. I figure I'll just wait the marriage thing out so that I can just do it right the first time.

I love all college baseball, but my heart belongs to the Ole Miss Rebel baseball team. I'm pretty sure that if they would let me be an assistant coach, I could help Coach B and the team snag us a national championship.

My family drives me INSANE! Yet for some reason I love them all still. I am terrified that one day I'll be just like my mom. Her whole life she has taken care of everyone else but has done nothing for herself. So now she's lonely and bitter. In an effort not to become her I try to set boundries and stick by them. It's not my job to take care of adults, but I would do anything for the kids in my family. I don't loan money and I don't bail people out of jail or take collect calls from people in jail.

I love nice things. Even when I was a toddler, my mom could hold up 2 dresses in a store and I would pick the more expensive one. It's probably a good thing that I wasn't born a skinny girl because I would be completely bankrupt.

I also LOVE to argue. I know that sounds silly. Not fights, just argueing. Why? Because I'm pretty awesome at it. That's definitely something I got from my Grandpa. I don't know my father, so my Grandpa was it for me. When I was little we would argue for hours about stuff that didn't matter at all. He always told me I'd make a great politician one day.

My favorite ice cream is the Peanut Butter Perfection from Coldstone. I drink Lemon Drop Martinis when I'm happy and Jose Cuervo from the bottle when I'm not. I have trouble standing up for myself sometimes but I'm a real moma bear when it comes to protecting others. I TiVO General Hospital everyday because I'm madly in love with Sonny Corinthos, but I'm secretly cheating on him because I Tivo AMC to see Zack and Aiden. Oh and I love to read really trashy romance novels and I'm working on writing my own.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #14
YT Addict

I am 37 years old....and absolutely hate getting older. It totally depresses me! I have been married for 17 years (which most people thought would never work out). I have 2 children...a daughter that's 15 and a son that is 13. I am so dreading the teenage years because it scares me to death!
I am a quite person until you get to know me. Alot of people mistake that as being snobby or a b**tch. Yes, I have a potty mouth too...lol I am very sensitive to peoples feelings and my feelings are hurt very easily. If someone is hurting I will cry with them. I sit at work teary eyed when I read some of the post on here....especially if a Yorkie passes away. My heart breaks thinking something could happen to Harley.
I absolutely love nice things. I'll give up the smaller things in life (clothes, shoes, etc) to have a super nice house and furnishings even if I have to struggle to pay for it. I know its crazy but I'm materialistic and it feels good going home to something you can be proud of.
I absolutely hate to cook and let my husband take care of that. My husband and I are pretty much opposites. He likes to cook...I like to clean. I like to stay home and he likes to socialize. We like different music and TV shows. We do both like to drink...guess that's one thing we have in common. Dispite the differences we seem to get along great.

I guess that's about it!
Weneebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #15
YT 3000 Club Member

OK...I'm alot like most of you....must be some basic yorkie lovers traits.

I owned my own business for 7 years & have decided I will never be nice to anyone who treats me like crap again!
I don't trust easily so if I say I trust you...I really do! I'm not good at the buddy-buddy thing...you know..."hey girlfriend what ya doing...blah blah blah"....maybe that's why I don't have a lot of friends. BUT I can talk to my oldest sister for hours!
Yep, I cuss I drink & prefer to hang out with my nieces & nephews at weddings. They can have fun, not worry about what others people think of them & don't feel the driving need to rip on other people or go over last weeks obits!
I LOVE to cook & eat but I got pretty fat so I had lapband surgery & have lost 60# so far. I still love to eat though! I'm always making up recipes & my hubby is a good sport about eating them.
I think I'm fun & I'm a loyal friend.
Family.....oh LORD what a bunch of misfits we are...I'm the youngest of 8 & am the well deserved black sheep. I have one sister who I don't speak to because she has a driving need to say ugly things about so many people. I've lost 3 siblings...2 of which I miss terribly. My oldest sister is one of my best friends...she has this dry sense of humor that makes you want to pee you pants!
There's more but if you want to hear it you will have to go on the cruise in May!
luvfla is offline   Reply With Quote