YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community


Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.

Go Back   YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community > YorkieTalk > Regional Forums > Asia
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar JavaChat Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
Senior Yorkie Talker
 
Chelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Daegu, S. Korea
Posts: 138
Default Any members in S. Korea?

My husband and I are living in Daegu, S. Korea and this is where we got our little Eury. I was wondering if there are any members who also live in S. Korea?
__________________
Chelle - Momma to Eury , Sweets , Baby , and Tuffy
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/590116
Chelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!

Old 07-16-2007, 01:40 AM   #2
Donating YT Addict
 
s13silviagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sunny Southern California!!!!
Posts: 1,877
Default

I think Camly is in S. Korea... I myself am in Japan. Are you there with the military?
__________________
My cute little Turbo butt! YES, we are also avid members of the CRAZYCLUB & Little Gentleman's Club! Turbo 's Tumi!!!
s13silviagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:46 AM   #3
Senior Yorkie Talker
 
Chelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Daegu, S. Korea
Posts: 138
Default

Yuppers we are. We are here for another year and a half and so far have really enjoyed it. What about you?
__________________
Chelle - Momma to Eury , Sweets , Baby , and Tuffy
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/590116
Chelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:59 AM   #4
YT 2000 Club Member
 
Tinker'sMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Hood, Texas
Posts: 2,107
Default

We lived in S. Korea but more north, Camp Casey That is where I got my Tinkerbell and my Maltese I miss Korea so much Sometimes I want to go back.
__________________
TINKERBELL, CHIQUITO, AND MOMMY MICKIE
Tinker'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:41 AM   #5
YT Addict
 
ChiSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Macon County
Posts: 271
Default

I used to live in Seoul, when I was five.
__________________
ChiSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #6
Yorkie Yakker
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Korea
Posts: 36
Default

I live in Seoul. Kinda far from where you guys are at though.
yotaiji012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:09 AM   #7
Yorkie Talker
 
SgtYorkieLover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Evans, GA
Posts: 23
Default

I was stationed at Yongsan in Seoul. That's where we got Tamama. Just out of curiosity Tinkersmommy where did you get your yorkie in Korea?
SgtYorkieLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
YT 500 Club Member
 
jennzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: TOronto, Canada
Posts: 804
Default

i was there this past summer from may-august (though i wouldn't really count much of august i was in hawaii then left on the 14th)

but i do plan on going back in the fall for a year!
jennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #9
Yorkie Yakker
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Korea
Posts: 36
Default

I also got my Ewok from yongsan. The petstore on the 4th floor of Space 9 right outside of yongsan subway station.
yotaiji012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:24 PM   #10
YT 500 Club Member
 
jennzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: TOronto, Canada
Posts: 804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaiji012 View Post
I also got my Ewok from yongsan. The petstore on the 4th floor of Space 9 right outside of yongsan subway station.
do you recommend the place?
do you know if the puppies came from the puppy mill? (probably... i dont think there are any real breeders in that country)
jennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:53 PM   #11
YT 500 Club Member
 
Nikitta34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 764
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Hello, I live in S. Korea, too. My hubby is in the military and we're stationed at Osan AB, about 1 hr out of Seoul.

I wish we all lived closer so we could get together for some playdates! I know there must be some small dogs on/around Osan, but I have only met one so far.
__________________
- Nicole, Megatron, and T-Bone
Check out our blog! http://nicoleandtim.blogspot.com
Nikitta34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #12
Yorkie Yakker
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Korea
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennzy View Post
do you recommend the place?
do you know if the puppies came from the puppy mill? (probably... i dont think there are any real breeders in that country)

yeah Ewok is probably from a puppy mill. This is a country where they eat dogs. I doubt there are any reputable breeders here. I heard that there are but the dogs are like 10,000 dollars each. I got my Ewok for 390,000 won including his vaccinations. About 390 bucks at the time. Its a pretty good Animal hostpital that also sells dogs. Dogs here are pretty cheap. Problem I find is that they sell them very early on. You will find dogs that are little over 4 weeks being sold. They also tend to favor teacups. My ewok is a normal 5 1/2 lbs. Very healthy. He has a great personality never barks and loves people. Only problem I have with him are his teeth. He has retained alot of his baby teeth so had to remove them today actually.

If you live in korea getting a dog is rather cheap. Taking care of a dog is cheap too. The vet doesnt charge anything for a consultation and medical bills are much cheaper.
yotaiji012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #13
YT 500 Club Member
 
jennzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: TOronto, Canada
Posts: 804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaiji012 View Post
yeah Ewok is probably from a puppy mill. This is a country where they eat dogs. I doubt there are any reputable breeders here. I heard that there are but the dogs are like 10,000 dollars each. I got my Ewok for 390,000 won including his vaccinations. About 390 bucks at the time. Its a pretty good Animal hostpital that also sells dogs. Dogs here are pretty cheap. Problem I find is that they sell them very early on. You will find dogs that are little over 4 weeks being sold. They also tend to favor teacups. My ewok is a normal 5 1/2 lbs. Very healthy. He has a great personality never barks and loves people. Only problem I have with him are his teeth. He has retained alot of his baby teeth so had to remove them today actually.

If you live in korea getting a dog is rather cheap. Taking care of a dog is cheap too. The vet doesnt charge anything for a consultation and medical bills are much cheaper.
see here's a myth about the korean thing...
yeah they eat dogs but they don't cute pet dogs
my mom said they have special type of dog that they eat
like how we eat cows, pigs and etc.
this is a fact that is really hard to get over, and trust me it took years of crying over my people eating dogs... but i assure you they don't eat pet dogs
wow i can't believe i just said that...

beside the point, i am looking into spending the money and adopting one in canada... ive been to animal hospitals in korea where they sell puppies and youa re right, i've seen them as young as 2 weeks old! their eyes weren't even open (well at that time at least) i strongly believe that they all come from puppy mills
jennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #14
Yorkie Yakker
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Korea
Posts: 36
Default

i am korean and i live in korea. I have seen videos of them preparing cockerspaniels. Is a cockerspaniel not a pet dog. There is no special bred dogs. Even if they are not pet dogs have you seen how they are treated and how they are shipped around. Its not humane. I am not an animal rights activists at all but some things are just wrong. And do you know how they slaughter the dog? You should look up on youtube.
Just going to Moran Market you will see dogs being sold and caged, its blatant and still going on today. They also believe making the dog terrified then beating them to death makes the meat taste better.

With this being said. All koreans do not eat dog. The dog eating population does not represent the whole population. Just because some americans eat rocky mountain oysters doesn't mean the whole population does.

Koreans are not the only culture that enjoys dog meat either. Look at all these countries who have been known to eat dog meat.
Dog meat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Koreans just seem the ones that are picked on the most about it.

But having lived here for quite a while and having a wonderful dog. Korean people do not think of their pets as americans or westerners do. And they do not understand why we love our pets so much. The younger generation does appreciate and understand our love of pets.

For example some people would make comments about eating my dog as a joke then they add "yeah but he wouldn't taste that good, doesn't have enough meat on them bones." Who in their right mind would say that about your dog back in the states.
yotaiji012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:09 PM   #15
YT 500 Club Member
 
jennzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: TOronto, Canada
Posts: 804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaiji012 View Post
i am korean and i live in korea. I have seen videos of them preparing cockerspaniels. Is a cockerspaniel not a pet dog. There is no special bred dogs. Even if they are not pet dogs have you seen how they are treated and how they are shipped around. Its not humane. I am not an animal rights activists at all but some things are just wrong. And do you know how they slaughter the dog? You should look up on youtube.
Just going to Moran Market you will see dogs being sold and caged, its blatant and still going on today. They also believe making the dog terrified then beating them to death makes the meat taste better.

With this being said. All koreans do not eat dog. The dog eating population does not represent the whole population. Just because some americans eat rocky mountain oysters doesn't mean the whole population does.

Koreans are not the only culture that enjoys dog meat either. Look at all these countries who have been known to eat dog meat.
Dog meat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Koreans just seem the ones that are picked on the most about it.

But having lived here for quite a while and having a wonderful dog. Korean people do not think of their pets as americans or westerners do. And they do not understand why we love our pets so much. The younger generation does appreciate and understand our love of pets.

For example some people would make comments about eating my dog as a joke then they add "yeah but he wouldn't taste that good, doesn't have enough meat on them bones." Who in their right mind would say that about your dog back in the states.
have you seen how they slaughter cow?
same diff
its a cultural thing
im not defending them or anything i believe its cruel, but its their belief and they're stubborn and they won't change their ways...

chinese eat pigeons
chinese only eat shark fins and throw the rest out (to the point they're extinct)

the world is a cruel world
as long as you don't support it thats all it matters
i don't support puppy mills, nor eating dogs.

you can't do much to change their minds...
boshintang's boshin means health or something related to health. asian people are crazy about health myths... hopefully the younger generation will change that and we'll see in the future...
until then, im not going to be angry over something i can't do...

but i can be angry towards puppy mills because that is something i can do about

Last edited by jennzy; 01-22-2009 at 08:11 PM.
jennzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Google
 

SHOP NOW: Amazon :: eBay :: Buy.com :: Newegg :: PetStore :: Petco :: PetSmart


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2003 - 2018 YorkieTalk.com
Privacy Policy - Terms of Use

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166