Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools|
|02-25-2006, 08:32 AM||#1|
And now Missy's Mom, too!
Join Date: Nov 2005
36 Christian Ways To Reduce Stress
36 CHRISTIAN WAYS TO REDUCE STRESS
An Angel says, "Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice."
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of ad-vice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.
16. Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough rest.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray.
24. Make friends with Godly people.
25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good "Thank you Jesus."
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most.
32. Sit on your ego.
33. Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36 Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've
never been grateful for before. GOD HAS A WAY OF TURNING THINGS AROUND FOR YOU. "If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)
|02-25-2006, 08:42 AM||#4|
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: cuddling with my babies<3
Thanks for sharing this!
Hi I'm Jenn Mom to.....
Mojo,LilyGrace & DD Kate
RIP Mojo FOREVER in our hearts!
|02-25-2006, 08:48 AM||#5|
Donating YT 500 Club Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Fredonia, KS
Thanks so much for sharing!! These are all wonderful ways to have a happier life!!
Diana and Reuger
Take time to laugh. It is the music of the soul.
|02-25-2006, 03:36 PM||#7|
Enja's Mom too!
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Raleigh, NC
What great advice! Thanks so much for posting this!
Farrah, Zeus, Enja & Riley
|02-25-2006, 03:51 PM||#8|
Donating YT 10K Club Member
Join Date: Jul 2004
Pat, this is the best post I have read all day long -- no offense to all of the other great posters, but this one takes the cake!
I especiallly like #14, K.M.S., I have trouble with that one sometimes.
|02-25-2006, 04:06 PM||#9|
Donating YT 1000 Club Member
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Brittany France
I've got my work cut out but i'm gonna try
Need to be less stressed
Anne, Pippa, Jake Woody