Welcome to the YorkieTalk.com Forums Community - the community for Yorkshire Terriers. |
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be able to chat with over 35,000 YorkieTalk members, read over 2,000,000 posted discussions, and view more than 15,000 Yorkie photos in the YorkieTalk Photo Gallery after you register. We would love to have you as a member!
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please click here to contact us.
| ||LinkBack||Thread Tools|
|11-15-2008, 12:32 PM||#1|
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cabool, MO Usa
A Pet's 10 Commandments
My mom sent me this email. While reading them, I got a little teary eyed. I couldn't help think of all those pets that are abused and neglected. Number #4 is the one that really got me....."I have only you"...how true that is.
A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS.........
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial f r my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however y ou treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
~Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them.
Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters
|11-15-2008, 02:31 PM||#2|
♥ Chip ♥ Smokey ♥
Join Date: Mar 2007
This made me cry... especially the one I bolded.
I just love my babies so much.
~*~ Chip ~*~ Smokey ~*~
My heart is wrapped around their little paws
Karley Marissa born 1/20/12 weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and 21.5 inches long
|11-15-2008, 03:52 PM||#3|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Romford, Essex, England
On a lighter note, 12 more Yorkie rules - Enjoy
1. If I like it, itís mine.
2. If itís in my mouth, itís mine.
3. If I had it a little while ago, itís mine.
4. If I can take it from you, itís mine.
5. If it looks like mine, itís mine.
6. If itís mine, it must never be yours.
7. If I saw it first, itís mine.
8. If you have something and put it down, itís mine.
9. If I chew something up, all of the pieces are mine.
10. If it used to be yours, get over it.
11. If itís broken, itís yours.
12. If itís edible itís always mine.