YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community

YorkieTalk.com Forums - Yorkshire Terrier Community (https://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (https://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/off-topic-discussions/)
-   -   Random Facts (https://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/off-topic-discussions/19212-random-facts.html)

skeeter_haven 10-16-2005 07:37 PM

He Sure Had a Creative Eye!Wonder If I should place my order!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherry Lynn
Take it with a grain of salt...

And some lime...

And some Jose Quervo!!!! :D

He was really talented Sylvan! His whole apartment was furnished. And it looked pretty darn good. I personally would have gone with some different colors... Perhaps a UPS brown.... ;)

:yeahthat: I saw all of the pictures from the site and they were fabulous! They looked wonderful! They even had that red, white and Blue Patriatic Americana Theme going too!! I am wondering if we can place orders for some furniture ourselves!! Since I have been cutting things out of my furniture and list of things to pack on my moving truck to Tennessee I will need new furniture when I get there so this might be the way for me to go... So the Americana Theme it is ... Like the "Fed Ex" Logos on the designs too!! :lol tears .. Oh and Sylvan... You can pass some of that Jose Quervo Straight with a Lime Chaser too.. Afterall what are friends for.. I need a shot with this major Californian to Tennessee move, Sounds good to me!! :wink:

skeeter_haven 10-16-2005 08:55 PM

20 wonderful facts about myself..Don't Yawn Now! :L)

:lovewings Start Time: 9:15 p.m. Pacific Time
#1:
I am a Fun and Nutty Sagitarius. Born December 20th, 1965 so that makes me a classic and will have turned the big 40 this December.
#2: I have been a Vegetarian since the 5th grade and have never lapsed or turned back. I won't eat red meat or poultry but do eat fish, seafood, and dairy products.
#3: I have a 3 Children. 1 has left the nest this year, she turned 18 and have a son 13 and another daughter 10.
#4: I have been born and raised in California all of my life and am embarking on the biggest change and starting over in Tennessee with my family in a month. Excited, Tired and a little Nervous!
#5: I am the biggest animal lover :aimeeyork :animal36 :dog: and owner that you will probably ever come across.. I have 6 Dogs, 2 Cats, 2 African Greys Parrots, Reptiles (Snakes, A Monitor, A Australian Bearded Dragon, Blue Tongue Skink, Water Turtles, Box Turtles, A Leopard Gecho, A Pac-Man Frog, A Guinea Pig, and a Rabbit) Some of these guys have been with since the early 90's and have been out of rescues and costomers from my past PetSmart Job giving them to me because they heard that I was the Animal Rescuer in the Store!! My hubby also helped add to our Big Animal Family!! I told you!!
#6: I have been married to my husband this January 19th for 15 years. We met and married after 4 months of dating!
#7: I Love the Outdoors and Country Settings, I Love Historic Furniture, Antiques and the Country way of doing things! I am modern only by PC!
#8: I love lots of different types of music but keep coming back to my Country, Classic Rock and Southern Rock!
#9: I Love Art! I can Scrapbook til I drop, I can Tole Paint, Re-finish Wood and have taken lots of art and multimedia classes.
#10: I am certified in Multimedia. I know Photoshop like the back of my hand, love creating digital art.. I have a minor certification in Digital Photography.
#11: Even though I am tough at times, I am very much a lady. I live in Skirts and have to have my fingers and toes done all of the time, but at the same time I can get down to basics without blinking an eye.. It doesn't inhibit me.. and am not a fu-fu girl.. Just a lady!
#12: Unfortunately ... My whole family and my husband's family are all deceased.. We are all that is left on both sides except for our children.. So my kids missed out on having grandparents and extended family watch them grow up and we missed sharing our later years with them also. So it's been hard at times for the both of us and we miss our parents dearly!
#13: I drive a SUV and love the height and being in a SUV.. I can't see myself ever driving a standard car again. This one is my second one due to a size upgrade for all of my furbabies!
#14: I'm not afraid of anything except for Heights and Certain Spiders and of course Poisoness Snakes! Even though driving a SUV doesn't bother me regarding heights, it's hard to get me on a high rollercoaster or hiking along a mountain cliff which I literally froze and couldn't move anymore when I was in Middle School and the Adults had to come and get me.. My feet wouldn't move for anything!!
#15: I have an extensive Giraffe Collection!! Don't laugh it's true! I have Antique Giraffes, Comical Giraffes, Giraffes of every shape, size and colore!! I need more display cases for them too!!
#16: I love the Mountains more so than the Beach (Go figure being a Californian Native and living less of an hour from the Beach)!!! Give me rolling plains and Mountains around anyday!!
#17: I love Plants and just gave away all of my Succulants and rare plants to friends due to that I didn't want them to die when we started our new adventure driving to Tennessee..
#18: I am German, Irish, French and a hint of Cherokee Indian!! What a combo!! I cook big for an army, don't know how to cook in small amounts and can take just about anything but if you push my buttons for too long, I do have a temper! It has been a little less "Hot" through the years as I've matured and have learned how to cope with lifes challeges..
#19: I have been living in a 1953 beautiful Cabin Like House for the past 7 years and the day of leaving will hurt due to that I love my house that I just now sold but can't stand the way that California has changed and don't want to raise my last two children here with all of this violance around.. Plus the South has had my respect on the way their values are.. Family is of importance, and here it seems like it's second on the list in peoples everyday lives.. So can't wait to show them a different side to the meaning of life..
#20: My house decorations are all primitive and antique.. I do sell and buy alot of E-bay and have been doing so for the past 5 years.. I am a stay at home mother and a Auctioneer.. I love working from my house and will continue to do when I have moved to Tennessee too.. I plan to get my Realitor's Licence and work from my home and still sell antiques and collectibles on E-bay for fun too.. Well that is it in a nutshell!! I hope no one is Snoring by now!! ZZZZZZZZZ!!!
Ended Time: 9:52 P.M. Pacific Time :eyeballpc

medusa512 10-16-2005 09:49 PM

did anyone see the episode of trading spaces where hilde created a guest room for the mother in law out of cardboard? the wife was uPSeT!

freakin' cardboard! roaches and silverfish o my!

i have hairspayed mosquitoes, roaches, mud-dobbers (Sp?), ants,
but my husband? he adds the lighter...

i have been glad to see the age spread here is not one sided.
thanks everyone for sharing such fun stuff :)

goodnight!

Coomie 01-23-2006 09:14 AM

10:50am

1. I am a vegetarian
2. I watch the news whenever I turn on the TV (CNN, MSNBC)
3. I really suck at directions and get lost a lot when I drive.
4. I've been with my gf for 6 years woohoo
5. I like to sleep on my side or in a fetal position
6. I hate cold weather
7. I just finally bought a queen size bed after sleeping in a twin for 3 years with my gf.
8. I love frosted mini wheats cereal.
9. When I was 9, I fell off the top of the slide and landed on my head and got knocked unconsious.
10. I love my dog coonsies :animal36
11. I currently attend the University of Oklahoma.
12. I got mugged on the subway in Harlem, NYC
13. I was born in San Francisco, CA and moved to Hawaii when I was 11 and then moved to Oklahoma when I was 13.
14. I am bad with picking up phone calls.
15. My hobbies are working out, saltwater fish reef tanks and playing with my dog.
16. I refuse to eat leftovers that are more than a day old.
17. I usually shower atleast twice a day
18. I have bad posture but I try to correct it
19. I have these phases where I eat a certain food or restaurant on a regular basis for months at a time.
20. Im addicted to the internet

11:11am

bchgirl 01-23-2006 01:53 PM

Ok here goes....4:41 pm est

1. I get lost driving anywhere new because I can't read those white lettered green name signs. I usually go PAST whereever I'm going and have to double back.
2. I am always on time
3. It took me 10 years to get pregnant w/ my daughter
4. I am sarcastic but not spiteful
5. I watch documentaries and news shows on tv ALWAYS.
6. I do not like science fiction nor fantasy anything....shows, movies....books
7. I wanted to be a nurse when I grew up
8. I broke both my arms when little and had so many trips to the ER, the nurse working there would remember me from one summer to the next
9. I have internet friends I've never met in person, but "talk" to frequently
10. I drink beer, not fancy mixed drinks
11. I like red meat
12. I usually prefer the company of men to women. Although I enjoy reading the posts from the gals here
13. I drive a big black truck
14. I do not answer the phone if I don't want to
15. I had a crush on Tom Brokaw
16. Both my parents are deceased. My mother has been gone 14 years and it seems like yesterday
17. My hubby's siblings drive me nuts
18. I work with my older brother
19. As a child I tormented frogs. We put fire crackers in their mouths....
20. Proved to my 20 year old nephew, I COULD wake board ;)

Done 4:49pm est

linz06 01-23-2006 02:15 PM

Jumping on the bandwagon...

3:58

1. I am 21 years old
2. I have on older brother, and we never got along until we stopped living together.
3. When I graduated high school I KNEW I wanted to be a pharmacist... I am now a civil engineering technologist, and hopefully a civil engineer in another couple years.
4. I gave up a spot on my college basketball team, offered to me by the coach without even trying out, so that I could be home more with my puppy.
5. I secretly love when I see that the popular girls from high school gained a ton of weight.
6. I was a loser in high school.
7. I compare myself to my friends in every way.
8. When I was 18 I gave up 4 big scholarships to one university, so I could go to a different university that my boyfriend of 3 years wanted me to go to. He dumped me before I even moved.
9. I pretend to be tough and not want a relationship, but I'm secretly scared of commitment and trust.
10. Within a year of moving out of my parents house, I got my bellybutton peirced and got a tattoo, because they said I couldn't under their roof.
11. My happiest time of the day is when I wake up to see my puppy laying there above my head and looking at me with her big sleepy eyes.
12. I love celebrity gossip.
13. I hate answering the phone if I don't know who it is, and I hate calling people back.
14. I am so much in debt from 4 years of school, I don't know when I'll be able to finish my degree.
15. My puppy is chewing on my toes.
16. I met a really nice guy last week. He hasn't called.
17. I'm proud of myself for being a girl in a man's field of work, and having one of the highest averages in my class.
18. I am going to go vote today.
19. I miss my friends from back home every day!
20. I love attention

4:12

DianaB 01-23-2006 02:28 PM

This is a fun thread!!
Started 4:05

1. I'm the oldest child in our family. (I have a younger brother)
2. The town I live in is where I was born and raised. I've never lived anywhere else.
3. I was married and had my first child at a very young age.
4. I've been married to the same wonderful man for 31 years!!
5. I love to drive fast!!
6. I love to travel long distances alone!!
7. I love flea markets, antique malls, and e-Bay!!!
8. I hate to make phone calls and will put off making them.
9. I teach an adult Sunday School class at church.
10. I'm a spirit-filled christian.
11. I love to watch a good romantic movie.
12. I love to sing. I often sing at church and I think that I'm pretty good!!
13. I make friends easily, close friends are harder.
14. I have the best children of anyone I know. They've never drank, did drugs, smoked or slept around. I'm a proud Mother!!
15. My children are all active in church.
16. I collect antique children's dishes and cupboards. Again, I love e-Bay!!
17. I've never had a job that lasted over 3 months. I've filled in at a lot of temporary jobs. My husband prefers me to be home and help him.
18. I can drive a tractor or a combine!!
19. I love being a grandmother! My grandchildren are the greatest!!
20. I don't keep my house as clean as I used to. Housekeeping is for the birds!!!

Ended 4:24

LaviniaHyacynth 01-23-2006 02:57 PM

I am a slow typist

5:47
1.I am a slow typist.
2.I am a widow amd mom to a 15 yr old daughter.
3. I am engaged.
4.I spend a lot of time in my studio painting.
5.I love going into NYC and checking out the museums and galleries.
6.I had a piece of artwork shown in a museum over the summer.
7.I love music and theatre.
8.I love to travel.
9. I have a degree in Fine Art /painting. I also studied philosophy and comparative religion at Columbia University.
10.I love rootbeer.
11.I have 2 house rabbits,1 yorkie, and a guinea pig.
12.I love driving and have driven across the country twice.
13. I wish I could sing
14. I love to read everything
15. I have red hair.
16.I love snuggling with Vivi
17.My mom died when I was 18.
18. I do pilates for exercise.
19. I am 5"7
20.I wish the world could get along.
5:54

scrappysmom 01-23-2006 03:03 PM

Its 4:42
1. Im 40 years old
2.I have 3 girls 1 grandson and a grandbaby on the way.
3.cant stand talking on the phone if it rings i dont answer it.
4.Im a homebody dont like to go anywhere .
5.when i go grocery shopping cant go without a grocery list.
6. i know what im gonna fix for supper everyday of the week .
7. if i do go anywhere i have to be the driver ( because of a bad car accident in 1998).
8.i go everywhere in my pj pants .
9.I love to plant flowers.
10.I miss my father he died 11/2 years ago ( i still talk to him)from a car accident.
11.I miss my mother she died 4 years ago from a stroke ( and i still talk to her).
12.I love the spring time listening to all the birds ,and all the flower bulbs popping up.
13.I hate doing the laundry.
14.I love candles.
15 I love spoiling my yorkie(scrappydoo)
16.I love being home alone.
17. I hate being the middle child growing up.
18.Im always on time (but not my husband )
19.I love the C S I Shows .
20. I love to read but my eyes are getting bad so now I have to wear reading glasses ( I look like a nerd in them).

Ended at 5:00

chattiesmom 01-23-2006 03:30 PM

here goes.....

started at 6:20

1) I have grey hair
2) I have three yorkies and 26 miniature horses, 5 Quarterhorses 1 boxer, 4 barn cats and one husband (25 years)
3) I am a perfectionist -- I had to "preview and edit this post before submitting it
4) I wanted to be a professional ice skater when I was young, I grew up in Florida, so go figure
5) When I was young I always dreamed of getting married, having three children and living on a horse farm -- guess what my dream came true!!
6. My oldest son was born 7 1/2 weeks premature and weighed 4 lb.s 6 oz.
7. When I was 45 I went on a wilderness backpacking trip with my son and scaled the highest peak in Colorado -- Mt. Elbert 14,433 ft.
8) I love peanutbutter
9) My current favorite movie is "Radio"
10) I do not watch television
11) I do love to read
12) and sew
13) I moved 10 times the first 10 years I was married
14) I train miniature horses to drive.
15) I was a police officer for five years.
16) I am an introvert, but fake it a lot.
17) Fusha is "my color"
18) I do not have a favorite band, but do enjoy country music
19) I have met many people I cherish from the forum
20) I was paid to shoplift as K-Mart when I was 17

finish 6:25

chattiesmom 01-23-2006 03:36 PM

my #20 requires explaination -- I was paid by K-Mart security to shoplift -- :lol tears I did really good but didn't get to keep any of the loot. :lol tears

alisonJ 01-23-2006 03:41 PM

1. My husband is out of town so I am having my favorite dinner -- Cocoa Crispies (not to be confused with Cocoa Puffs, which I abhor).
2. I hate shoveling wet snow, but I do it because our snowblower has more controls than the space shuttle.
3. Edie is my first dog.
4. I almost named Edie "Dexter" after Dexter Gordon, the greatest tenor saxophonist who ever lived (IMHO).
5. I didn't do this (no. 4 above) because everyone would think she was a boy.
6. I play the tenor saxophone, but not as well as Dexter Gordon.
7. I lead an all-womens big band that is named after my dog: The Edith Jones Project. Check us out. www.edithjonesproject.com
8. I am currently into the Yellowjackets. I listen to their "Mint Jam" CD constantly.
9. My boss is the most obnoxious man alive.
10. I am quitting my job as soon as this house sells and moving to Tucson, Arizona. Anyone looking for a lovely house with ocean views in Maine, please PM me.
11. I once found a perfectly good gouda cheese in the middle of the road while jogging.
12. I brought said gouda cheese home.
13. Since I did not like cheese at the time, my father ate it.
14. I like cheese now.
15. I am married to a very handsome man.
16. Fortunately, my husband is clueless when it comes to women, so he doesn't realize that women are always flirting with him.
17. My husband will listen to any music, as long as it is by the Stones or the Boss. Unfortunately, this means he doesn't come to many of my gigs.
18. I have had the same best friend since I was 7 years old.
19. I am now 47 years old.
20. I can't believe that no. 19 (above) is really true.

oooweee 01-23-2006 03:45 PM

6:15
1. I hate the color burgundy as it was my school uniform color when I was in junior school!(from england)
2. I have parachute jumped 16 times
3. I won't put my head under water in the pool
4. When my husband and I watch a movie together I don't find anything funny that he does and vice versa!
5. I could eat a chunk of wasabi, but can't touch a hot wing!
6. I drove from California to Georgia with a 3 yr old and 4 month old all by myself in 2 1/2 days!
7. I like to think my glass is half full as opposed to half empty
8. I'm a gadget fanatic! Even my kitchen trash can lid opens automatically!
9. I can read a book in about 4 hours
10. I'm ambidextrous
11. I don't like horror movies
12. I was a complete tomboy as a kid
13. I could chew ice every hour of every day... (it started with pregnancy and never ended)
14. I hate my ears
15. I love my car
16. I used to work for Donald Trump as his Sales Director
17. I only gained 8lbs with my first kid because I threw up EVERY DAY and for TWO MONTHS after I had him! (I swear he was going to be an only child!)
18. I knew I was going to marry my husband after the first date. (9 yrs young)
19. I took flying lessons and loved it when I lived in Manhattan. I used to fly out of Caldwell, NJ, the same place JFK kept his plane
20. I never used to like pink, now I love it!
6:41pm
(Had to stop and answer the door... LOL)

hzlis 01-23-2006 06:05 PM

I found this a little late but it looks like a wonderful post.

7:48pm

1. I am a Leo and definitely a classic example of that one
2. I will arrange my plans and answering the phone around my tv shows (and there seems to be one on every single night of the week)
3. I have always wished I could play the piano or was an artist
4. I once did the ejection seat (a form of a bungee thrill ride) and found out the next week that I was pregnant.........yes, child is fine but also a thrill seeker, go figure!!!
5. I suffer from migraines and will get one if I don't eat, eat too much, stay out in the wind too long, stay in a candle shop too long, etc.
6. I once was arrested for shoplifting 3 month after I turned 18 (with a friend who suggested the idea and me being the thrill seeker, dumbass I know)
7. Serious Dr. Pepper freak
8. Married to my 2nd husband (whom I met while we were in high school in the 80's and we met up again later and I divorced my jackass husband at that time)
9. Also secretly wish something terrible would happen to my ex-husband
10. Tend to cuss too much even though we attend church and I am trying to change my ways in a manner of speaking
11. Developed a new love (or hobby) for 4-wheelers and we go as a family
12. Absolutely hate to do laundry, dishes, toilets, well, cleaning house in general......wishing for a maid but husband thinks I am a healthy, able person (but he is very patient and kind about it all-see #13 below and afraid to test the water)but in the end I will do it.....can't stand chaos or mess either
13. Once refused to wash my ex-husband's clothes for 3 solid months because he mouthed off about my housekeeping duties (I informed that one that I didn't get married to become anyone's maid)
14. Even despise cooking even more, husband does the cooking and I do all the clean-up afterwards....works so far
15. One of my dreams is to go sky-diving before I am too old to even enjoy it
16. Can't tolerate anyone eating with mouth open (SMACKING) or slurping their drink
17. Love my 2 children but also understand that I am not that much of a "kid" person
18. My dad is a recovering alcoholic, smoker who has already had lung cancer and for those 2 reasons I don't smoke and can NOT stand the smell of beer
19. If I was to drink for social reasons (or emotional stress reasons apply also) then it would definitely have to be a "foo-foo" drink.....can't smell or taste the liquor
20. My family thinks I majored in pouting and temper-tantrums in school

finally finished at 8:03pm

BamaFan121s 01-23-2006 06:45 PM

1. I can juggle...pretty well actually.
2. I can burp, very loudly on command.
3. I drive a Ford Mustang.
4. I named my Ford Mustang.
5. I have been to Disney World 17 times.
6. I have over 400 Beanie Babies.
7. Chances are VERY probable that Hitler was my great, great uncle.
8. The first time I ever flew on an airplane was last January.
9. I broke my ankle playing horse.
10. I have 3 tattoos.
11. I was a cheerleader for 5 years.
12. I still sleep on a NKOTB pillowcase.
13. My daughter has a 8 inch long pet bug.
14. My first spoken phrase was "Roll Tide."
15. I am allergic to Gain detergent and spray deodorant.
16. I am afraid to go in the ocean past ankle depth.
17. I am fluent (verbal and written) in Spanish.
18. I can read Italian.
19. I know how to play chess and enjoy beating my husband at it.
20. I used to have a pet scorpion named Zodiac Jack.