View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #5
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Before we breed, we always ask "Is loosing my bitch worth this breeding?", because often, there are issues that claim the life of the female, as well as the puppies. I am sure you are devastated, and I am sorry for your loss......bless her little hear......tnow you need to do everything you can do to save the babies you have left, so her sacrifice isnt in vain.
Are you an experienced breeder? What is your knowledge base in raising orphaned babies, so I will have an idea where to start. You have to weigh these babies twice a day and closely track weight gain. If they are loosing weight, they are not getting enough to eat.,,,or they are not absorbing nutrition from what they are getting. Are they strong? Are they nursing from a bottle WELL....they need to be taking in 1cc per oz of body weight. You need to be giving a caloric dense feeding....
1 can Just Born
1 raw egg yolk
4 oz Pedialyte
3 tbsp Karo Syrup
3 tbsp Vi-Daylin Pediatric vitamins
1 cup whole live culture yogurt (may use 1 cup Kefir milk instead)
This is all mixed together thoroughly and refrigerated as long as a week. Warm before feeding....NEVER FEED COLD FORMULAA TO A COLD PUPPY!!!
This formula delivers 14-16 cal. per cc ....give 1cc/oz of baby's body weight, every 2-3 hours, around the clock for the first 2-3 weeks. You can advance the feedings to every 3-4 hours around the clock, after the first 3 weeks. If these babies are not easily taking the amount they need to gain weight on a daily basis, rather than bottle feeding you should learn to tube feed them...it is safer than trying to feed weak babies any other way, and you deliver the correct amount they need to thrive. Those babies need to be kept warm.....and you really need to be carrying them around next to you in your bra since they have no momma now. Raising orphaned babies involves much more than just feeding....they need to feel skin touch and warmth and movement.....at least carry them around during the day, over night between feedings, put them in their nest with a puppy warmer....I have one of those thingsa filled with rice or beans, that you heat in the microwave and then put it around your shoulders for neck pain....it is long and I curl it around into a circle, cover it with a blanket and nestle them in that....they cour up next to it just like it is momma....This should get you started....good luck with your little ones....you have a rough road ahead of you for the next month, but this is what we must do in such unfortunate circumstances......
Here is his original post. http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/bre...-pregnant.htmlThe mom was 9 yrs old.......they surely don't sound experienced. I'm very worried......

Last edited by megansmomma; 06-20-2014 at 08:32 PM.
megansmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!