View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 10:32 AM   #36
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra View Post
The female pictures might be all yorkie -- too hard to tell, but she is obviously not to standard and as such, should not be used for breeding. She should be someone's beloved pet and no more.

I know it is easy to like all the colors and all the cute puppies, but pls do not contribute to an unscrupulous or poor quality breeder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilPuppyLove View Post
Just curious here... Dont "ethical" breeders sometimes have surprise colored yorkies, like parti, or gold, or chocolate, and dont they typically cull (kill) them?
Hard to say. I'm sure it's one of those things they try to keep quiet a lot
of times, and I've seen people post on here before stating that often used to be the case. But who really knows how much truth there is to it and how much is just to try to prove their 'point.' I will say that any breeder who would do such is not what I would consider "ethical." Place the dog as a pet and reexamine your pedigrees, but not kill it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy1 View Post
And she is not unnecisserally badly bred either! I wish folks would not jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts.
Um, yes, when a dog is far from the standard and the owner doesn't even know if the dog is standard, parti or a Yorkie at all....than that is EXACTLY what that means. Well bred dogs meet the standard, badly bred ones don't. You don't always have to 'know all the facts' to make that call when you can look at a dog and see that it is a far cry from the standard and the person asking suspects it might be a 'mutt.'

Last edited by BamaFan121s; 12-18-2010 at 10:34 AM.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!