View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 09:37 PM   #137
AddieLove
Loving Addie Since 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy bunny View Post
My little girl is Lucy. She had a rough start in life. I actually found her in a field about 2 miles from my home. At first I was thinking "wow, that cat has BIG ears"... but when I drove back by after a bit, she was still sitting there. I was afraid that she might be lost, so I got out and she ran right to me. She had no sign of a collar had ever been on her and we took her that evening to the vet down the street to she if maybe she was micro-chipped and we could find her home that way. She was not. At that time they guessed her age at almost 4 months.

We were anxious for morning through afternoon, the next day, awaiting someone to put a flyer or anything to alert of a missing puppy. We searched craigslist, the animal shelter and the humane society for lost dogs and after 2 weeks, we decided that she was going to join our family. As we never did come across anyone looking for a lost dog, my husband thinks that she was dumped off since she was so eager to be found and picked up. She was more than likely dumped because she is not pure yorkie.

It has been 4 months that we have had Lucy now and she is such a fun little gal to have around. She has made a good playmate for our little Chi-terrier mix, Max, that we rescued from the pound back in 2006. She has now been micro-chipped, vaccinated, spayed and working on socialization now in her Denver Yorkie play group. Even though she is not PURE yorkie, we just adore her to pieces!!!
I love this story. I mean, I'm sad Lucy was dumped, but I love that you found her!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!