View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 06:00 AM   #4
itsrox
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanieK View Post
I'm sorry, I feel your frustration. Believe me she is not doing it to irritate you, she really has no clue as to what she is doing wrong. You need to try something entirely different because evidently what you are doing is not getting through to her.

Does she sleep in a crate at night? and does she potty in it before morning?

do you have her confined to a small area while you are at work, like an x pen with her bed and food and a pee pad? I know you said she shreds the pads, but you can get holders for them.

Do you have her on a schedule? Dogs that are fed on a schedule will usually poop on schedule.

I crate mine at night, first thing in the morning we go out and stay out until they pee and poop, usually takes around 5 minutes or less. They are fed a tablespoon of canned food at 5 PM and they will poop again then.

I know it's hard, but try to make it as easy on yourself as possible by not giving her the run of the house and don't give up.

I know she isn't doing it to make me mad, I actually feel bad that we can't get on the same page. Let me back up a bit and explain:

When I first got Cali, she was partially pee pad trained. I have her crate inside a ex-pen, with her pad on the other side. There were no problems. Then, she broke her leg. The Dr.said to keep her pretty much immobile. We crated her during the day, only to find she'd potty in it before a couple of hours, so we quickly nixed that. I believe because she was so bored (no exercise) that she started ripping her pads. This would make her potty on the floor. Soon,the pads weren't serving any purpose (even with the pad holder, she figured out how to tear it all apart). She would pull all her bedding out into the mess, so daily I was washing blankets, pillows, soft toys, etc.... I thought maybe this meant she just needs to go outside to potty. So I started taking her out. Problem is, she won't go outside. she will wait until she gets back in her expen and potty on the floor...the most frustrating is that I KNOW HER SCHEDULE!!! I have no problem getting up at 2 and 5 in the morning. We do it all the time. But she won't go outside at all. Standing outside at that time in the morning for a half hour with no results can really give you a defeated feeling. She'll just sit there shivering, or try to play when I keep just saying "go potty Cali". We'd eventually come in the house and she'd use it in her ex pen. If she would just either go on the pad or outside - anywhere but on the floor, I'd be so happy.

Also, I leave her food down from 7am to 6pm. I take up the water at 7pm. She is a good girl, I know she is totally confused. She listens for the most part. Just getting the signals on this pottying ain't working at all. I am going to order the washable pee pads and see what happens.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!