View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 04:41 AM   #1
itsrox
Senior Yorkie Talker

Sad This is not working...

Hello all. I am really at my wits end with Cali. The housebreaking is going so horribly wrong that I almost wanna give up. She is now 5 1/2 months and so far from being even partially potty trained. She absolutely will not go potty outside. I don't care if we stay outside the entire day. She will not do it. As soon as we get in the house and she's back in her kennel, she'll go. I know that everyone says that they shouldn't go in their crate and dogs have this instinct not to go in their small space, but Cali absolutely doesn't have this instinct at all. She will not use the pee pads, instead, she like to tear them to shreds and pee and poop on the floor. Then she walks all in it. So she always stinks. If I put her in the crate (and believe me, if it were any smaller space, she'd be outside of the stupid thing) she'll go in there.

Now, I realize that housebreaking takes a lot longer if you are a working mom and all, but I feel like she's not moving forward at all. I wouldn't be so frustrated if she would have accidents in the house but still would go potty outside. My problem is she won't go outside if her life depended on it. I don't now how to get her to understand that it's not okay to lay in your own pee and poop. I wanna cry.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!