View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 11:05 AM   #14
lizziepooh_1
YT Addict

Tia had been on kibbles since we got her (we feed Eukanuba small breed puppy....and yes we are going to switch her to a healthier, more ethical food) and our vet had recommended giving her some soft food occasionally, for the purpose of exposing her to it (becuase one day if she needs medication or supplements, they need to take it with soft food, and we don't want her to turn her nose at it). She ate the soft food no problem...until I made a mistake. There was just a little bit left over in the can, so I put it on top of her kibble. Since then, she turned her nose up at just plain old kibble and went on a hunger strike. Since then, I've been putting a table spoon of canned food (Eukanuba small breed puppy ...again, we're switching when it's finished) with her kibble on top. Now she eats the soft food first and then she'll move on to the kibble. Sometimes she won't eat teh kibble at all....then she realizes that she's hungry and eats all of the kibble. I think she's smart enough not to starve herself...but man is she finicky!
lizziepooh_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!