Thread: puking puppy
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #15
Pipersmommy
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewskys mom View Post
Well we sure did have a day today. He got sick twice after I had posted his and once more was enough to know he needed some help. I called his vet (he has not even gone yet since we have had him because it has only been 2 weeks) and they left the number to an animal emergency room. They got him on an IV and got him some fluids. His sugar level was down to 40. They also tested him for parvo and that came back negative. They wanted us to keep him but we wanted him here and will get him into the vet first thing tomorrow. He is doing a lot better and the only thing he ate was boiled chicken. He is starting to act a little more like himself now though so I am relieved. Thanks for all the advice.
You've had him for 2 weeks and never took him to the vet. Mine all went the next day after getting them. Good thing I did, Piper had giardia & coccidia. If I would have let her around Misha, she would have caught it. I'm glad he is doing better, but if you ever get another, get them to the vet right away for testing. You never know.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!