View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
Julz
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

A vet will tell you to count from the day after the LAST breeding. On what dates did you breed her? Is this her first litter? I have a female that has had a few litters. Her last litter was delivered by emergency c-section because it was about day 67 and no pups....not a single sign of going into labor or pre labor. She was enormous and the pups were growing by the day. I wouldn't panic just yet. The best thing for her would be to be in a dark, quiet room with low lighting. You shouldn't check on her constantly as you can actually prolong her labor. I know first hand that is easier said than done. I put her in a playpen 2 weeks before her due date. Give her newspapers to shred and nest with (they can be thrown away even before the pups are born if you want..I use just blankets, but that seems to be a little more frustrating for her). The nesting usually comes with the signs of pre labor. At this point, try not to interfere too much. I keep the door cracked so I can peek in. I like to get on the computer and just read and re-read info. on whelping and post care. These sites help tremendously with what to expect and warning signs to look for. I could run on and on, but it may be too much info. PM me if I can help in any way.

Last edited by Julz; 03-04-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Julz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!