View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 09:33 AM   #19
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

Thumbs up

Yes, this is such a sad situation. I am glad the dogs were returned...with the exception of one of the pups. I hope they find the other one as well. It is just so sad. This happened a couple of years ago...do you remember...the lady that had puppies listed for sale, she was pregnant, someone came to see a pup and ended up killing her and cutting the baby from her belly and trying to pass it off as her own. remember this? it was so insane. It is just not a safe world out there. As sad as it makes me to know this has happened to someone, I am thankful that it is opening eyes for people. As someone who is looking to breed one day (not maggie but some time in the future), I am learning more and more every day and this just adds to the list of things I am learning. I honestly don't know that I would have thought about this risk up front if it hadn't happened. I am glad no one was hurt. and I am glad that it seems the dogs are ok. It is so incredibly sad that this has had to happen. poor babies. But yes, we do need to start being more understanding. If the breeder is reputable, they will most likely be willing to bring the parents with them to meet you in a public place. I am sure there is a safer way to go about letting people come and see your litters. I know that when I was looking for a pup, I wanted to see all the pups in the litter. So I could see if I bonded with any of them and take a pick that way. When I got to the home of the breeder I ended up getting maggie from, she only brought the females out. the other pups stayed in her bedroom. I questioned this at first. I wanted to see all of the pups, even though I knew I wanted a female. but I wanted to make sure I didn't see anything weird. So she brought one at a time out. She brought the parents out one at a time. yes, If I had a gun, that would not have done any good, I could have demanded her to bring them all out. But she also could have gone to the bedroom and got a gun or called the cops. I don't know...I am sure that there is no fail-proof way to do this..but it certainly opens our eyes. Unfortunately, this happened, but if people across the country, even across the world, learn from these peoples mis-fortune, than it was not in vain. I try to learn from other people's mistakes as well as my own (not saying these people made a mistake, just making a point ) And if I make a sacrifice, if there is a lesson to be learned from it, then it is a sacrifice that is not in vain.

does that make sense?

good post. I am so glad you brought this up because I am hoping and praying people everywhere learn from this and take extra steps to protect themselves, their family, and their furbabies.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!