View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 08:10 PM   #51
ssguzzy828
YT 500 Club Member

wow i dont read posts for one day and see this.

I promised myself I wouldnt get involved in a controversial thread again but oh well here goes nuthin.

first and most importantly Kristy Im so very sad to hear about your cousin my thought and prayers go out to you and your family.

Now as for the rottie... My husband raised rotts when he was younger if that rott was aggressive i truly dont think that the woman would have been able to kill it. The trainer i train my shepherd with also trains k9 patrol dogs & I gotta say i have seen what an aggressive dog can do. My 105 lb shep plays with macy( yorkie 2 1/2 lb) and sometimes he dont want to play and macy keeps going at him. Sometimes he goes down stairs to get away from her and sometimes he will bark at her loudly to scare away. I can tell you now i would never kill either dog. None of us was there when this rottie bit the yorkie, we all know yorkies tend to have big dog attitudes in lil dog bodies. Macy went after the lab across the street the other day and almost became lunch.. so we do not know that the yorkie didnt go there first. Once the yorkie was out of harms way the women should have called the proper authorities to handle the situation as to what happened and who was at fault. She should not have killed this animal in the manner that she did.

I also think as much as we love our pets and treat them as our kids(myself included) You can not use them to compare in this situation. I am catholic and know the ten commandments but as where my children are concerned i would do whtever was needed to protect them. would I kill for them I wouldnt know till put in that situation. As for my dogs they are very very very special to me but we all shouldnt forget they are animals with distinct traits. All of them have the potential to be aggressive and I think we tend to forget that.

My honest opinion is that that women was 100% wrong!!!!! You dont kill an animal in such an inhumane way. I dont care what the law says a murder is or a hero is. We are talking about being just plain cruel.
ssguzzy828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!