View Single Post
Old 03-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #6
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetr72 View Post
A local breeder had that happen a couple years ago...while she went out she had her litter stolen!! Obviously it was someone who had inquired about her yorkie babies...and now she takes everyones drivers licence number when they come to look at her puppies...sad but it has to be done. I hear what your saying even though I STILL want to see both parents when I get a puppy.

Dawn

Unfortunately those thieves came with guns, so your friends system would not have worked in that case. Maybe one needs to get a DL# in advance, and personal references.

It's just a scarey thing now days.

I've ordered mine over the internet and have purchased them sight unseen. I was sent pictures of the parents and puppies. The breeder came well reccommended.

If your breeder is not reputable they can show yfou any dog and say it is the parent, so seeing is not always going to be reliable either.

Breeders need to be able to protect themselves. I believe that I would want to meet inside a pet store, and I would take the parents along. That way there are other people there, and you will get to see the parents.

I'm interested in hearing other thought on this matter.

Thank you annaschaben, for starting this thread. perhaps you could do a poll on the subject.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!