Thread: Picky eater...
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 08:20 AM   #2
debbiect
Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused

I haven't tried the NutraScience, but have been through the cycle of switch-a-roo and find out what will do. Sparky is 15 weeks and I have been told not to give in to him. He is presently on Merrick's, and began (AGAIN) to go through the finicky stage of not wanting his food no way no how. I called the vet tech (who also owns several Yorkies) and she told me if I started changing everytime he turned his nose up I would be doing it the rest of his life. So began the test of wills this morning. He ate maybe three bites of Merrick's mixed with a little egg (the first time I tried that concoction). He's had it mixed with chicken baby food, yogurt, and cottage cheese. He loves his yogurt and cottage cheese, but will refuse it mixed with his food. I have several bags of samples (Natural Balance, Natures Logic, and Candidae). He loved the Candidae and three weeks ago I was going to switch, and sent my daughter to a Pet Store that carried it, and they convinced her to buy a small bag of Solid Gold Wee Bits and said it was a higher quality food. He ate a few times out of it, and now won't even take a bite. Last week I was trying to get him to eat and he gobbled down the Natural Balance Ultra Premium. So I thought, HALLALULAH!!! But then I talked with the vet tech and I'm not so sure I should switch. She also told me that if I did switch, to go with the Ultra Premium and not the other flavors. I thought the other flavors would be good for a switch. Is Sparky normal or abnormal? Does anyone else feed their furbaby a variety of different foods? We really need some help.. I am a first time Yorkie owner.
debbiect is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!