View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 08:58 PM   #15
Dan & Corinne
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkieluv View Post
Keep her hydrated, they go down fast and she's very young. They may need to give her fluids intravenously. She may just be hypoglycemic or she may have some sort of internal parasite like coccidia. If the fecal tests come back negative, and she's still having problems, do bloodwork or a bile acid test...When Miko was pup, he vomitted a lot and had seizures (like staring blankly into space and stumbling or falling sideways). Even though the vet did bloodwork and it was pointing towards liver shunt, the emergency vet that we went to said "no, he doesn't have that, he has ___" Later on, we found out that he did indeed had a liver shunt. She also said he wouldn't make it through the night, and here he is 2.5years later!
I really don't want to alarm you, but it always scares me when I hear others having similar experiences. I feel like I have to share our experience.
It could just be an upset tummy, but it could be worse. The best way to find out is by taking your baby to the vet.
I agree. I just get so worried when they start to vomit & have seizures, especially when they are so young. So much can go very wrong so fast.
Dan & Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!