View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
Lady of Yorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Low blood sugar and seizures

My little 8 week old, 1# female puppy had seizures earlier this afternoon. We gave her nutrical when someone suggested it. I was too upset to remember to use it. I gave her the first puppy shot yesterday and that is all I could think of that would cause her behaviour.

She got better but not back to normal. A while ago she got a drink and stumbled. My husband picked her up and held her. She spit up on him and then wanted down. A very short time later I noticed she still wasn't acting right so I picked her up and a bit later she vomited all over me. I held her for a while and she wanted down again. I put her back in the xpen, otherwise she goes to hide behind the sofa. She got into the bed and I went to change my shirt and to the bathroom. When I came back I noticed the bedding looked wet, it was, she must have vomited at least 3 more times. She is laying in my other hand sleeping peacefully now.

My son had seizures for several months. After each seizure he was very disoriented. Are dogs the same way? Sylvia
Lady of Yorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!