Thread: Upset!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 07:55 AM   #13
winniethepooch
Senior Yorkie Talker

Oh poor Olivia! I know exactly what you are going through...my MIL is the same way. She's been trying to be nice to me because we're having a baby, but what she thinks is helpful (like telling me what I can and can't eat, what I can and can't do) is super irritating. And as for the name thing...if we were having a boy, we were going to name him Luka. Well my MIL claims that's a girls name and was refusing to call him that. And then she claimed she was going to call the baby Tre because it will be her third grandchild. Now since it's a girl she's been calling the baby Diane (her name) and telling everyone we're naming the baby after her. Which she knows is a lie, so I ended up making a deal with her...She'll be the first to know the baby's name as long as she stops calling the baby Diane and basically leaves us alone. (It's pretty easy to ignore her too since she lives far away from us, we just silence the phones). But you might want to tell your MIL that it's bothering you and that if she wants a good relationship with her grandson she's going to have to respect his name. Her calling him a taco bell kid is horrible and would make your son self-conscious of his name (if his own grandmother is making fun of it).
winniethepooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!