View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 12:53 PM   #8
dalnna
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstplumeria View Post
Congratulations on Abbie's TDI Certification!

How did you start training her? She must be over a year, as TDI requires the AKC CGC, but when did you start her training and how long did it take? Did you take her to classes like Petsmart has, or just at home, or ????

Thanks!
Missy
Hi, yes, Abbie was 2 in November. I just trained her at home. Don't get me wrong. She wasn't perfect but there were two examiners there and they were both very nice. At one point she had to stay under the examiners control while I left the room for 3 minutes. That was hardest for her and she yapped a couple of times although they passed her anyway. They said in all honesty, I wouldn't just hand off her leash to someone if I had to leave but rather someone would hold her so they said that was okay. Getting her to come after the 20 foot stay was funny. Everyone laughed because the leash was so heavy for her and she kept looking at it like "what the heck is this" but she drug it along, slowly, and came to me. Again, they said it was fine because she was so small and the leash was so heavy for her. She did great with the other dogs there, dobermans, german shepards, goldens, a collie. She was, by far, the smallest one at 4 pounds. As a matter of fact, the other dog we had to meet and greet was a doberman. His head was bigger than her! Luckily, she's very sociable to other dogs. Has no fear or need to intimidate. I guess what you would call calm submissive. I was very proud of her.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!