View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #3
Silipie23
Donating Yorkie Yakker

My 7 month baby girl got spayed 2 weeks ago, and i was so nervous for her! but everything went great. my vet requires all females to spend the night after the surgery (which upset me having to spend the night away from her!), but we picked her up early the next morning. she was very tired that day, and just cuddled up on the couch with us. they tell you not to let them jump, so we had to make sure to pick her up on/off the couch instead of her doing it herself. after a couple of hours she caught on though (you could tell it hurt her anyways).
the next day she was still a little tired but had more engery and wanted to play...and by the 3rd day she was back to her normal self and wanted to jump and run around (which was sad becuz we couldnt let her do too much of that)...over the 3-5 days after the surgery she started doing more jumping and playing...so now two weeks later her stiches are out and its like nothing ever happen!

so that day i would just expect your baby to be tired and just want to sleep, so just cuddle up with her! then i would take saturday easy, sit around and cuddle...each yorkie is different and recovery varies, but it should only take a couple days for her to want to play and run around again!

hope this helps!!! best of luck!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!