View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 08:02 AM   #11
ForeverPiper
Yorkie Yakker

I'm so sorry for your loss. My family lost our sweet girl Piper two weeks ago today, and the pain is unbelievable. She was our first Yorkie, and brought so much love to our family. As everyone here has already told you, we each grieve in different ways. There is no "normal".

I think you should look at it this way.....because Toby was so special to you, and you are missing him so much, you are not being disloyal to his memory by wanting another pup so soon. If anything, your feelings are a tribute to him and what a wonderful dog he was. And no, I don't think you are trying to replace him. That could never happen. But, you can still have a totally different, but, special, relationship with another special Yorkie.

Piper was my first "grand baby", my daughter's little girl. In our family, we are all feeling the loss differently. I, too, in just a few days started thinking of the next one, and even applied as a foster home to a rescue group. My daughter Jessie, needs more time, but, has said she wants another Yorkie. Hubby and son are leaning more like me. When it is right, we'll know, I'm sure.

The feelings you have for your sweet Toby, will never diminish. It will get easier in time. Try to remember all of the great times and love you shared with him. Nothing can take that away. And when you do get your new dog, just remember that Toby is with you and watching your adventures with the new pup, happily. My prayers are with you and your family.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!