View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #8
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

When we lost Maggie, my husband wanted another Yorkie right away. I was not sure. I didn't want to "replace" her. I worried we would never love another as much as Maggie. I resisted a bit, but finally started looking for another Yorkie. We wound up getting both a male and a couple months later a female too. I am so thankful for them! They lifted the whole family. I have two other dogs too -- a dachshund and a Jack Russell. They had been depressed and obviously grieving Maggie's loss too. In tribute to our Maggie -- we will always have Yorkies. Ben and Sadie have brightened all our lives and we do love them just as much. Each is different as night and day, with their own individual personalities and so loving!

We all feel differently but I don't think it could ever be wrong to get another pet after we have lost one. Our special pets will always have a place in our hearts long after they are gone. But a new baby finds its own place in our heart to fill too!

So, find that new special addition -- in tribute to your dear Toby! I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the new baby will bring you some comfort and grow to be as important a member of your family as Toby!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!