View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 03:06 AM   #20
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliecorrales
We have several rescue groups that I am involved in and an animal shelter run by the county, any time I purchase anything for the boys that they do not like, including toys, treats, food, biscuits, whatever, I donate it to the rescue group or animal control. I also clip coupons for any dog food that I see when clipping my grocery coupons and donate those. Every little bit helps, I got some gifts for Christmas of collars and I only use harnesses on the boys, so I took those to a rescue group. Whatever you have the groups are very grateful for, the last time I took food to the animal shelter, they even asked me if I wanted a receipt for my taxes. So do not throw it away, the rescued animals can put the stuff to good use.
This is such a good thread !! We could ALL give to shelters - I know Millie has done this for a while now - donating her time WHILE working full time and I've always been very impressed with that ....I've checked into my local shelter to help but at the very least - we could ALL get together treats and food that we don't use and donate....

Way to go kp&Nala...That had to be so rough - The last time I went in a Petland (before I knew where their puppies came from) I left there so upset I couldn't drive either -
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!