View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 06:31 PM   #3
LunasMomma
Izzy's Momma Too!
Donating Member

Well, it was pretty easy, though time consuming. I may have gone overboard

This is what I did:

Slowly simmer 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast in 3 cups free range chicken broth for about 30 minutes. Remove the chicken and save the juice from it. Measure out 2.25 cups of the juice (it came out to exactly that ) and add 1 cup brown rice, cook according to directions.

In the meantime, while these were cooking, I had 1 cup split peas simmering with some fresh rosemary from my garden. I pureed that in a food processor. I also lightly steamed a large sweet potatoe, 1 cup baby carrots, 1 cup chopped broccoli, 2 cups spinach and one whole bunch of fresh asparagus, just the top halves. Toss that all in there with the shredded chicken, a 16 oz container of cottage cheese, and 4 hard boiled Eggland's best eggs, shells and all, ground up.

They LOVE this OMG I love making them so happy I hope that they'll still eat their kibbles I did add a 1/2 Pet tab vitamin with their dinner tonight. Plus some plain yogurt and the Missing Link, it's like a doggy feast.

Next thing is the beef version. I am thinking of using barley, lentils, green beans, carrots and sweet potato, with cottage cheese and eggs again.

That recipe above made 16 cups It should last a while, since they only get 1/4 cup twice a day of this, mixed with their kibbles. It smells a heck of a lot better than the canned food. Luna's face got so stinky with the canned,no matter how much I wash her face, she REEKS I hope that this will help

Aren't ya glad you asked now?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!