View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 05:49 AM   #7
OLIVIA_KARHIS
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyYorkie View Post
Do you use any kind of water conditioner for your frog? Like stress coat or aloe vera? Just wondering. When we had ours the people at petsmart said we didn't need to use any thing like that, but since I used tap water, I would put a few drops in to condition their water. Just wondering what you do for yours because my daughter would like to get another one. She loved having them and I have to admit they are very cool to watch. Do you only feed yours baby brine shrimp? Maybe I was feeding the wrong food. We had them in a pretty good sized fish bowl with pebbles in the bottom and some rocks to hide under. As soon as I'd drop pellets in every other day (at the advice of the all knowing pet smart fish keepers, lol) they'd come out and dart for the bite. Just curious...never talked to anyone else who had them too!
Well I have a small one gal fish tank... Mine is a little spoiled. I get bottel water for it... the distilled kind... I didnt want to have to deal with putting stuff in the water, So I just go to walmart and buy the water for it.

I only feed it ghost shrimp now but When I 1st got it, I was feeding it left over betta food, from when my betta died and then I went to reptile pellet that I found at walmart... I saw the ghost shrimp at walmarts and got 2 of them (there like 16 cent a peace) to see if froggy would eat it.. if not it would have company. As soon as they hit the water and went to the bottem, I went to find the food I got for the shrimp and when I came back.. one was gone. The frog had it in its mouth eatting it and was staring at the other one...So now thats all I feed it and I get the betta food for the shrimp, to keep them nice and fat for froggy. ( I put like one pellet for every 5 shrimp, they also eat the algae in the tank) I get like 20 shrimp at a time and it last from 3 or more weeks (Depending how much of a piggie it is.). As soon as I see froggy out of shrimp or on his last one, I go and buy more. you do have to have a fliter thing for the tank other wise the shrimp will die. this is what the shrimp that I get, looks like Click here
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!