View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 05:57 AM   #1
kp&nala
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default OASIS Animal Shelter

After weeks of putting it off I finally decided to take a bag of dog food to our animal shelter. I have always avoiding that place. As soon as I walked in this little puppy came running up to me so of course I had to stay and play. Well as he wondered around I followed him and discovered 6 more of them!! Someone had just dropped htem off. They were soo cute (healer mix). The lady that was there was getting ready to do the paper work on them and give them shots and worming meds so I asked if I could stay and help out. Then came the hard part walking down that hall of pens seeing all those dogs begging for attention and love, it broke my heart. I helped her feed and water them and made sure to give each one a good head rub. Then I asked the question I knew I didn't want an answer to....do they have to put the animals down eventually? And I'm sure you all know what the answer was. It was heartbreaking to hear. I wish more people in my town care mored or atleast cared enought to donate money and no dog would ever have to be put down. I told her I'd be back today but when I walked out that door and saw all those dogs run the there outside pen I started balling so hard I couldn't even drive. I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about it. I know this is going to be really tuff for me but I feel like those poor dogs deserve all the attention they can get. It may make me sad when I leave but their the ones that are sad every day. I wish those dogs wouldn't have to be put to sleep and somone would come adopt them. I pick out atleast 6 I wanted. Why doesn't anyoen else??? I don't get it. Will it get easier to go to the shelter or will I cry everytime?? I can't even think about it without crying!
kp&nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!