View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 04:41 PM   #14
schatzie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconsMomma
The problem we have here in my area is cats. I am sure that you all heard that they were trying to legalize the shooting or hunting of feral cats. They are every where and as much as I love animals, I have to say that I love my animals and thier health and safety more. These cats will get into our garbage cans, If the can is closed they will knock it over and try to get the lid off. We are no longer allowed to feed outside cats. If you are caught doing this it is a big no no.
I remeber one time right after I got Memphis I had put him out to go potty and since it was slightly chilly outside I had to pee something fierce so I ran in to go potty while he was finding that prime pee spot. Anyway, I come back outside and here is this HUGE tomcat stalking Memphis. Memphis thought that the kitty was just trying to play since this is what my mom and grammas cats do to him, but I paniced, I didn't want him to get attacked by this cat so I whacked the cat with a snow shovel.

I guess what I am trying to say here is that I know that the hunting and shooting of cats seems really harsh but before you pass judgement think about what us here who live with all these cats are going through. On a hot day I can not leave my windows in my car open. I did once and a cat got in there and peed all over in my car. That is not something that is easy to get out of the interior of a car.
I will however take in any stray dog that I see. Usually I dont bring it in the house but I do put it in the garage and make it comfy while I try to find its owner.
I honestly understand your view towards this.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!