View Single Post
Old 12-28-2004, 03:45 AM   #1
Higgin's Dad
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Terror in the Night!

A couple of nights ago, Don took little Higgins out for his evening walk before we went to bed. We are camped in an RV park where Higgins has spent a good part of his life, so he knows it well. Well, when they got down the loop road a bit, there were kids skateboarding under a streetlight ahead of them. The kids were perfectly well behaved and didn't approach Don and Higgins, but Higgins FREAKED! He turned right around and started to DRAG Don back to our campsite. Don picked him up and held him and he was trembling soooooo much. When he got back, he ran right to his mommy (me) and wouldn't have anything to do with Don. Then, when I took him out for his walk early the next morning, he got about 3 campsites down from ours and REMEMBERED what had happened the night before. DRAGGED me right back to the camper and really didn't want to go out for the rest of the day! When we took him outside, he stayed GLUED to our ankles. Gradually got better during the day. He was terrified when Don took him out last night after dark. It will be interesting to see how he does today.

Higgins has always been "wary" around children.....sort of fearful.....so it will be interesting to see how he behaves now. Every time he heard kids yesterday, he looked to us for reassurance. I hope he won't be mean to kids.

Must have been the sound of the skateboards.....???

Have your little ones ever been really scared by something?

Mary Ellen
Higgin's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!