View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 03:30 PM   #3
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Izzy. Same thing happened to me but at my private vet of ten years. My Noel had what I thought to be an abcess. It appeared out of no where. I called first thing in the morning and explained to them that Noel had a big abcess on her leg and that it was really bothering her and that we had noticed it late last night. I was told they were booked solid. I asked well what about emergencies and was told that they are not taking any emergency appointments and are refering them to the Emergency Animal Hospital (Which is about a 45 min. drive). I spoke with the office manager too and she refused an appointment. TEN years we had this vet and we pay top dollar there and always pay them right away and never question the fees. I was really pissed, so I can understand how you felt. I ended up calling another vet by us and explaining the situation and they got her in right away. Turned out to be a hotspot and not an abcess but I had no idea as none of my dogs ever had a hot spot. She must have been allergic to something. Glad your pup is alright. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!